I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?

This is a one user computer and the file is not being used.  The box
containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into
the file once only before having the same error message.  I have tried saving
the file under a different file name but that file acts the same.  I have
checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP!
0
Hastings (3)

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

Using MIDL compiler
After an exhausting search through MSDN I still have no idea how to invoke the midl compiler to produce a type library (idl -> tlb). http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/midl/midl/invoking_the_midl_compiler.asp How/where do you run the tool? ? 0 0 ( /----\ Thanks, Mark > After an exhausting search through MSDN I still have no idea how to > invoke the midl compiler to produce a type library (idl -> tlb). > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/midl/midl/invoking_the_midl_compiler.asp > > How/where do yo...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

PDF file #9

isv.config file rollback
I have an issue with the isv.config file. I customized it, adding a couple of buttons to the toolbar section under quote. Every now and again, the isv.config file reverts back to an older version of the file, which does not have my customizations. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Is there some setting that I may have forgotten to set? The isv.config is just a file so it won't revert on it self. However if you import an xml customization file this may contain a blank isv.config. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer ...

Message Threading
Hi, Does Microsoft have any documentation on how mail clients other than Outlook are supposed to thread messages that come from Outlook (since they're too stubborn to use In-Reply-To or References headers)? Outlook messages are seriously polluting the mailing lists I belong to by breaking the threading. Thanks. And why would Microsoft bother to document other mail clients behavior? Ask your mail client provider for THEIR documentation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account ...

message queing
Message queing was uninstalled on our Exchange 2003. Will that stop or uninstall SMTP? -- spd How did you determine this? You can reinstall Exchange using setup.exe /reinstall switch. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822939/en-us -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Sandra" <Sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F61FD6-0045-42FC-A26C-554B9975A2DA@microsoft.com... > Message queing was uninstalled on our Exchange 2003. Will that stop or > uni...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

A Crystal Beginner

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

Bad Message
When I open Outlook I get a error message of C:\documents and settings\my name\applicanvdata\microsoft\addins\C:\program files\micro~2\office\addins\outbak.dll How do I remove it???????? Its a problem with the MS OL backup addin. You can uninstall the addin at Control Panel/Add Remove Programs ( MS Outlook Backup) Also check OL, Comm Addins and uncheck OL Backup Addin "Marv May" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087501c53145$6ce63da0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Outlook I get a error message of C:\documents > and settings\my > na...

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

Install driver files with the same name
Hello, We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third party. I am looking for a way to install the drivers. Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. Is there any way to install the drivers without changing their file sames? Taka <Taka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third >party. >I am looking for a way to install the drivers. >Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. > >Is there ...

Importing/parsing data from an external file in Word 2007 Macros
Hello! I am wondering if this is possible, and if so, how do I do it? What I want to do is this: I have a template, and I want to write a macro that will create a document based on this template by pulling data out of other files, formatting the data, and putting it in the appropriate section of the document. I have no experience with Word Macros or VBA, although I have programmed in VB.NET in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you! Kaiti You would need an AutoNew macro in the template that contained the code statements. Sub AutoNew() ActiveDocu...

Unknown file exporting type. Please pick a new export type.
Hello, Has anyone ever seen the error message "Unknown file exporting type. Please pick a new export type." It has begun appearing when trying to use the Report Schedule within GP and after clicking Publish Now. This just began occurring in one company, but continues to work fine in other companies. The file export type is typically Adobe PDF, but users also receive this when switching to other types such as Text file. This is occurring on the server and at least two workstations. Has anyone seen this error before or does anyone have any thoughts on a resolution for it? ...

Missing inetcomm.hlp file
I am running Win98SE, with Outlook 97 (8.04.5619). When I go to tools | services, select an internet mail account, click properties, and then use the ( ? ) to get help on one of the fields, I get an error indicating that the inetcomm.hlp file can not be found... I am not sure if this was working in the past. I did, however recently apply some security patches from Microsoft. Can't seem to find a copy of the file anywhere (assuming it will fix the problem). Any Ideas? Thanks ...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Get paid while you get online!!