Hyperlinks to files on network drivers

Hello,

I have a problems with creation of hyperlinks to files on
company network drivers.

I have a name for a link in a cell. Than I follow routine
and press hyperlink button, etc. Pressing OK and created.
It works.

After an Excel file is closed and reopened it does not
work. When I try edit hyperlink I can see something like
this: '../../../../Groups/EEDS/COMMON/QUALITY...'. In my
situation 'G:/EEDS/...' is replaced
with '../../../../Groups/EEDS/...'.

What is going on? Where did those dots and slashes come
from?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Fornol
0
anonymous (74718)

Not sure if this the problem, but the following caused me some problems last
week:

The drive that you see "G:\" may not be the actual drive address.  For
example, my L:\ drive is actually \\usatlc03\APPM-SYS\ on the network.

"Fornol" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problems with creation of hyperlinks to files on
> company network drivers.
>
> I have a name for a link in a cell. Than I follow routine
> and press hyperlink button, etc. Pressing OK and created.
> It works.
>
> After an Excel file is closed and reopened it does not
> work. When I try edit hyperlink I can see something like
> this: '../../../../Groups/EEDS/COMMON/QUALITY...'. In my
> situation 'G:/EEDS/...' is replaced
> with '../../../../Groups/EEDS/...'.
>
> What is going on? Where did those dots and slashes come
> from?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fornol

0
CWILSON1 (28)
1/5/2005 3:43:07 PM
I have exactly the same problem...has anyone out there an answer for
this.
Thanks

--
Garry41
Garry41's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31830

Have you tried the hyperlink function?   Do you have the same problem with
that?

"Garry41" <Garry41.23njsc_1140647703.0839@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Garry41.23njsc_1140647703.0839@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have exactly the same problem...has anyone out there an answer for
> this.
> Thanks
>

> --
> Garry41
> Garry41's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31830
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=332139

0
reply6075 (299)

MDBdata files #2
I've been having issues with space on my email server and have come to realize that I think the culprit is the MDBDATA folder and all the log file it contains (4 gigs). I've done some reading and found that i could enable circular logging but this is not reccommended by microsft on my exchange 2003 server. at this point on our network we have no backup (not my choice, i can only get what they allow me to get). If i do the "full online backup" using the backup program that comes with windows server 2003 will the log files that are no longer needed be deleted automatically? And...

COPY CELL WITH FILE REFERENCES IN EXCEL
I need to know how to make excel automatically change this when I copy down: ='C:\CP Files\[COT010.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 to ='C:\CP Files\[COT011.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 and so on . . . ='C:\CP Files\[COT012.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 ='C:\CP Files\[COT013.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 ='C:\CP Files\[COT014.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 etc . . . Since it is a reference to another file, it will not automatically change the file reference when I fill down. Hopefully this makes sense. Can anyone help me? Hi natelee78 I always use a macro if I want this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy...

Source File that is Linked getting "file not found"
hello: I created a master (source) excel document and linked the multiple graphs to a poweroint. Both files are in a shared lan where multiple people have to go in and update the master excel. When I open the master excel I get a pop up asking if I want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook (it is linked to)? Confusing question. But when I say yes, I get an error pop up box that says "file not found" and it takes me to my hard drive directory. As this is a shared document I keep getting asked what to answer and why they get the error messa...

Files added and replaced
Just tried to install some application written seems in VB, setup fails, and I decided not to install. I tracked installation with InCtrl5 utility (Registry and Windows), installation report show the following keys and files was added, amongst other stuff: Values added: 2 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{75048700-EF1F-11D0-9888-006097DEACF9}\Count "HRZR_EHACNGU:R:\TCF\CCVAFGNYYRE.rkr" Type: REG_BINARY Data: 34, 05, 00, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, B0, 6F, A8, 46, C5, E6, CA, 01 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

.wav file issue
Greetings all: I created a small PowerPoint 2007 .pps file and in it is a 17mb .wav file. My intent is to attach the file to an email and send it to someone. I published the .pps to a folder then sent a test email to a 3rd party system, attaching the .pps file that then resided in the created folder. The works fine on my system, but does not play in the test system. I've received scores of .pps files in emails and sound plays. What am I missing? Thank you. "pinger" <pinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33009843-0AF8-436E-988A-9D...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Element 'ElephantTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing. Options
Trying to implement a tree control that I cound on the internet. "I believe" that I'm doing the right thing but I'm currently getting the following Error: Element 'ElephantTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing. Can someone please point it out what I might be doing wrong. Thanks ************************************** ****Control on .Master Page***** ************************************** <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Hei...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

[REPOST] No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "C...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Exchange email from a Domain other than the Network Domain
Hi, I'm wondering if its possible for exchange to handle mail from a domain other than the domain of the network it resides on ? For example, all of our website etc is hosted by a hosting company. Our internal network in the office has a domain similar to company_name.int. Is it possible for us to change the mx record of the company_name.com to the IP of our exchange box, and have exchange handle email for the domain company_name.com, rather than email under the domain company_name.int ? Thanks in advance for any help given, Leon Pinkney On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:07:44 +0000 (UTC), &...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

SaveAs dialog argument for file type
I wrote a macro by which I want the user to save the file with an extension of *.xlt, I mean as a template. I don't how to show the template format in the type box of SaveAs dialog. Can anybody help me. See if this will work for you: Sub SelectSaveFileName() Dim TheFile As Variant TheFile = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("C:\Temp\File.xlt", "Template (*.xlt), *.xlt", , "Your choice:") If TheFile = False Then MsgBox "You cancelled" Else MsgBox "Do something with file " & CStr(TheFile) End If End Sub Goshute ...

outputing table to excel file using VBA Access 2000
H I have a VBA module that I want to use to output an Access 2000 table to an excel spreadsheet the code is DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, "xBExport", acFormatXLS, "ScotiaTrackBranchExport.xls", Fals this code worked in Access 97 I then converted the database to Access 2000 I get the following error: runtime error 2281: the formats taht enable you to output data as an MS Excel are missing or incorrectly registered in the Windows registry I checked my references to make sure using the accesss 2000 DAO and object library, etc Does anyone know the answer to this problem...

more versions of .dbx file
I've noted this strange behaviour on my Windows XP SP3 domain client configured to use Outlook Express 6 to send and receive mail: many times in the last months the inbox folder was suddenly empty. Looking at the local oulook storage folder I can see many versions of the Inbox.dbx file: -inbox.dbx -inbox(1).dbx -inbox(2).dbx -inbox(3).dbx ..... If I delete the last inbox.dbx file and rename the previous version I can see all my inbound mails. I don't know why this happens and if is it any way to fix this issue. Thanks in advance. Ing. Cosimo MERCURO The Inboxes h...

.msi File Editing
I aplogize for posting this message here. I did not know where else to post it. If there is a more appropriate newsgroup, please point me to it. I have a .msi file created for installing Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006 from an administrative image. This file was created when a prior server was in use. The new server has a different name and now the pathing contained within the file is no longer valid. The folder structure on the new server is the same, only the server name in the pathing needs to be changed. I would like to know how to edit the .msi file to change the serv...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...