hyperlink an excel cell to a specific location wthin application f

how can I hyperlink an excel cell to a specific outlook contact?
0
dirtboy (2)

I don't believe this is possible.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dirtboy" <dirtboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can I hyperlink an excel cell to a specific outlook
> contact?

0
chip1 (1821)

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Making comments apply to more than one cell
I'm trying to create a comment that relates to more than one cell. (One comment has two different arrows pointing to two different cells.) Does anyone know if this is possible? Evelyn, Comments are on a single cell basis. You can copy a cell with a comment, and pasting it to a new cell will retain the comment, but that new comment is still a separate comment. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Evelyn" <Evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74CDCFEE-8021-4D88-BE88-1198221986E7@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a comment that relates to more than...

Charts in Excel do not print, why?
I have added a number of charts to an Excel spreadsheet. I can see them on the worksheet and in the "page layout view." However, when I check print preview, or actually print, the worksheet prints, but the charts do not. Why? ...

Acessing RMS data from Microsoft Excel
Can Anyone advise if I can create a link in Microsoft Excel straight to my RMS database file so I can do Pivot Table directly on RMS data rather than having to run sales reports then importing into excel ? Thanks Simple! Just create an ODBC Datasource that points to your RMS Database. After that you can use the Datasource to access the database directly from excel by importing the data you want. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do joins so you'll be only able to read one table after another. Sorry for not giving you a detailed How-To but I only have a german version her...

does this group allow c# questions(re excel)
Are c# --->excel questions off topic here? Thanks mark Probably more appropriate to post over in the excel.programming group but most regulars monitor all groups so give it a shot there or here. That's all the help you'll get from me on C+<g> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:07:49 -0600, "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote: >Are c# --->excel questions off topic here? >Thanks >mark > ...

Excel Shortcut
Is there a shortcut or a way to repeat the last action in Excel like the one for Word; i.e., what's the equivalent, if any, of F4 in Word? Thanks for your help! Ctrl-' (Control - Apostrophe) will repeat the cell above. I'm not sure if that answers the question, but . . . it's worth a try, huh? "Island Girl" wrote: > Is there a shortcut or a way to repeat the last action in Excel like the one > for Word; i.e., what's the equivalent, if any, of F4 in Word? > > Thanks for your help! Try CTRL + Y Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 26 Nov 2008...

automatic formatting in excel
We use account codes beginning with MAR with 4 digits following (e.g. MAR3420) in spreadsheets and Excel automatically converts this to a date format. I have reformatted the cells to Text and this overcomes the problem initially. However, these files have to be saved in .csv format for uploading into our accounting software. The difficulty arise if the .csv file is ever opened to make changes because Excel reformats these cells to dates again which corrupts our data. Does anyone know of a way to switch off the automatic reformatting of cells? I don't think you can prevent Exc...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel Closes all open excel files when I close one
If I double-click 3 different .xls files to open 3 different excel applictions, I find that they all close at the some time when I close one of the windows. I am closing the windows by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner. I am using Excel 2002 sp2. ...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Excel Validation Lists
A list created for validation of cell entry is limited to 8 visible entries, others in list being visible via side scroll bar. Can this visible validation list (ie visible without scrolling) be increased from 8 to a higher number Thanks As answered in microsoft.public.excel: No, you can't increase the number of visible rows in the data validation dropdown list. John Ward wrote: > A list created for validation of cell entry is limited to 8 visible entries, > others in list being visible via side scroll bar. > > Can this visible validation list (ie visible without scrol...

Making a chart in excel.
Whenever I try to make a chart from data in excel, it returns " The program has enountered an error and will shut itself down down" and then it does. How can I make a chart? -- bill In article <4E7028F8-4F6D-4714-8904-1F0037762DE7@microsoft.com>, blackcat@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Whenever I try to make a chart from data in excel, it returns " The program > has enountered an error and will shut itself down down" and then it does. How > can I make a chart? > About the best I can suggest is to do more diagostics or repair. And, keep in mi...

System Restore / Excel
I'm not sure if I've come into the right sub category ... Hopefully yes ! Two days ago, I began having problems with 1. Excel 2. Outlook I have a feeling both are connected. When I try and open Excel, I receive the following response : Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with Front Page. Followed by : The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. This again is followed by Error 1706. I don't have the discs. Subsequently, when I go into Outlook and compose email, I click on one of my accounts to...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

print labels from excel with title and number
I'm trying to print labels for my tape collection. I need numper and title fields. All data is in Excel Ray, Use word to print the lables, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source see the blow links http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &am...

Excel Toolbar vanished
the toolbar in my excel has vanished! There is no toolbar or shortcut bar. I've tried Alt V and Alt F but nothing works. Can anyone tell me how I can restore that toolbar?? put the cursor in the toolbar area and right click. Select from the toolbars that you want. >-----Original Message----- >the toolbar in my excel has vanished! >There is no toolbar or shortcut bar. >I've tried Alt V and Alt F but nothing works. >Can anyone tell me how I can restore that toolbar?? >. > If you still have the file toolbar you can go to view- toolbars, otherwise try resizing you w...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Change the formatting of row by select a single cell & Editing should be working #2
Hi All; I require such a sheet code which can help me in Changing the formatting of row (like A1:A25) of selected cell (A4 is Selected) and allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc). Currently I'm Using following code but this does not allow me to use editing (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo etc) and I can not decide the range for working this sheet code. Any kind help is appreciated. Private Sub Search_Click() Sheets("Quick Search").Visible = True ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Quick Search").Select End Sub Private Sub Workshe...

In Excel
How do I do this? for example - if I have a range of values, how do I count the number of unique values that appear for example the range A1:A11 contains the values 1,2,1,3,4,3,2,5,4,2,1 the number of unique values here is 5 the formula must exist somewhere and should look like =countunique(A1:A11,1) results in 5 I suppose the second part of the field would be to include Nulls as unique or not. Help One way =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A1:A11,A1:A11)) if blanks are involved use =SUM(IF(LEN(A1:A11)>0,1/COUNTIF(A1:A11,A1:A11))) entered with ctrl + shift & enter -- Regards, Peo...

Conditional Formating based on another cell
I have 2 columns of concern DATE and COST. I would like the COST cell to be shaded if the DATE cell is less than a specificed date. Then if it is possible to calculate the COST field but only the ones highlighted. Help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Stacey For the conditional format, use the following for the condition of the cost column: =$A$2<TODAY() and so on, where cell A2 is the corresponding date column. Select the appropriate shade on the pattern tab. As far as calculating the cost column if it is highlighted, my only thoughts are to write a macro that you can run that c...

Windows XP and Excel
I was using win98 and I had no problems with Excel. Now I have winXP and when I go to choose the Number Format option, I do not get all the choices that I had when I was using win98. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:48:35 -0700, "Linda" <lll@lll.com> wrote: >I was using win98 and I had no problems with Excel. Now >I have winXP and when I go to choose the Number Format >option, I do not get all the choices that I had when I >was using win98. Does anyone have any suggestions? Some of Excel's number formats (particularly...

Excel data merging across excel files and matching field data
I have two excel files each has unique data 1st file: SS, Last Name, First Name... 2nd file: Last Name, First Name, Employee Number I need to copy Employee Number from the 2nd file to the corresponding employee. An employee may be listed more than once in file 1. Thank you , Lorinc EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com I would assume that the possibility that you might have a Tom Jones *and* a John Jones does exist, so you should check *both* first and last names. Enter this *array* formula in D2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!C$2:C$20,MATCH(1,(She...