Huge spreadsheet spanning 600 rows...

User wanted this to print on 11x14..it spanned the entire
page and then some..where would I first look to edit to make this easy to
read.

0
someone913 (592)

Hi

you might want to investigate data / format / autoformat to limit the number
of row printed at a time

or you might like to have a look under file / page setup - sheet tab for
rows to repeat on each page (ie headings) & the printing of gridlines

other than that you'll need to give us a more specific idea of what you're
trying to achieve.

Cheers
JulieD

"~D~" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> User wanted this to print on 11x14..it spanned the entire
> page and then some..where would I first look to edit to make this easy to
> read.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
10/5/2004 1:08:21 PM
I had no clue where to start..thanks for the ideas and if I come across
anything further I will post back. :)
"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> you might want to investigate data / format / autoformat to limit the
number
> of row printed at a time
>
> or you might like to have a look under file / page setup - sheet tab for
> rows to repeat on each page (ie headings) & the printing of gridlines
>
> other than that you'll need to give us a more specific idea of what you're
> trying to achieve.
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "~D~" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > User wanted this to print on 11x14..it spanned the entire
> > page and then some..where would I first look to edit to make this easy
> > read.

0
someone913 (592)
10/5/2004 9:31:40 PM
I think Julie meant that you should use Data>Filter>AutoFilter
That's a feature that allows you to select one or more criteria, to
limit the number of rows that are visible in a long list. For example,
you could select a customer from a Customer Name column, then print the
records for only that customer.

There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
10/5/2004 11:09:19 PM
Hi Debra

thanks for picking that up  ... don't know where my brain was :)

Cheers
JulieD

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>I think Julie meant that you should use Data>Filter>AutoFilter
> That's a feature that allows you to select one or more criteria, to limit
> the number of rows that are visible in a long list. For example, you could
> select a customer from a Customer Name column, then print the records for
> only that customer.
>
> There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here:
>
>   http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html
>
> ~D~ wrote:
>> I had no clue where to start..thanks for the ideas and if I come across
>> anything further I will post back. :)
>> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>you might want to investigate data / format / autoformat to limit the
>>
>> number
>>
>>>of row printed at a time
>>>
>>>or you might like to have a look under file / page setup - sheet tab for
>>>rows to repeat on each page (ie headings) & the printing of gridlines
>>>
>>>other than that you'll need to give us a more specific idea of what
>>>you're
>>>trying to achieve.
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>JulieD
>>>
>>>"~D~" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

JulieD1 (2295)

Need help making a spreadsheet for my business.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C5937C.667DDEC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am new to Excel. I am starting a business online, and I am using = osCommerce to run my online shop. I have installed a contribution for = osCommerce called "Easy Populate", and I am in need of help. Easy = populate exports a tab-delimited text file with the info in my store's = database regarding my products, and my vendor provides me with a daily = ..csv file with all of the d...

delete row and security
I have locked down GP for some of our basic users. However I have denied them access to edit/delete row and I am not sure how to give them access to it again. I have used advanced security Fiore, I believe you are mistaken when you say "I have denied them access to edit/delete row" with Advanced Security. That is not possible unless you write something yourself with Dexterity. That menu item is only enabled if you are on a scrolling window that has a current record and is marked "adds allowed". So if I'm in SOP Entry and have focus on the Customer PO Number you...

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...

Hide rows with value "Hours"
I would like to toggle rows to hide/unhide based on the value "Hours" in column B. I think filtering is an issue to some blank seperator rows and merged cell headings. There are no merged cells involving Column B. Thanks. Public Sub ProcessData() Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "B" '<=== change to suit Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With ActiveSheet iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, TEST_COLUMN).End(xlUp).row For i = 1 To iLastRow .Rows(i).Hidden = .Cells(i, TEST_COLUMN).Value = "Hours" Next i End With ...

TOP ROW scerwed up.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My intern, with out asking, changed the format of my workbook so every column has a sort button or whatever you call it (what this called) <br> We got that removed but the top row -- the header row is still in Grey color and when I select it, the whole workbook selects. How do undo this? thanks. It sounds like the List Manager has been applied... If I'm right, click one of the cells in the top row. A List toolbar should appear - if not, go to View> Toolbars to select it. Click the 'List'...

email portion of spreadsheet as attachment
I have a spreadsheet with over 500 rows. I would like to email, as an attachment, only those rows that pertain to each salesman. How would I do that without allowing them to see the whole workbook. Hi Holly Install my SendMail Add-in There is a option to send only the visible cells http://www.rondebruin.nl/ Use AutoFilter to Filter on the salesman first -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Holly K" <Holly K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E5AAEC7-9892-4133-9B69-8F748CA21C9F@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet with over 500 rows. I ...

Very slow to move around a spreadsheet in Excel 2007
Hi, Just move from Excel XP to 2007, and one particular spreadsheet is very slow after loading it, it opens and closes fine, but once it's opened it works very slow, mving from one cell to another, or by pressing page down or up. I'd checked for formulas, fonts, etc., and I can't find the reason for being so slow. Other spreadsheets work just fine. The original file size was around 50k, the new 2007 version is over 500k! Any ideas? -- Juan Consulting services That's strange. In my experiences, 2007 compresses older .xls files up to 50% and makes the overall file size...

Closing a Secondary Spreadsheet With a Macro
I'm creating a macro that opens another spreadsheet, make some changes to it, them saves it out to a text file. I've got it all working except . . . The nature of Excel loads the text file after/when saving it and, for some reason, thinks I've changed it. So when I try to close it a "Do you want to save changes?" prompt box pops up. The macro does not record my clicking No, so this prompt box interrupts and otherwise automatic process. How do I deal with this prompt so the process is fully automatic? jim Try: Application.DisplayAlerts = FALSE before your save, ...

can i copy data without row numbers?
i have 600 potential payees in an excel spreadsheet. Of these only 20% receive payment in any one week. By using macros I can produce a worksheet showing all payees paid in any one week, hiding all others. However the resulting spreadsheet still retains the original row numbers as the zero value rows are only hidden. Is there any way that I can have the spreadsheet ignore the original row references so that the first payee is shown in row 1, the seconf in row 2 etc?Thanks Rewrite the macro? If you tell us the code someone may point the way. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca...

Row height 175.5?
Excel 2002 in the Vista OS. I have data which I need a row height of about 250 or 300 and it is suppose to hold 500. If I try and adjust it I get space at the top and at the bottom my data is cut off. So no matter how I manually adjust it I can only fit 175.5 for my data. Anyone has a solution? ...

WorkBook Tab display mode of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0
the default display mode of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 is a dropdown list, as you know. Is it possible to display the WorkBook Tab of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 horizontally? like the display mode of SSTab. thanks On 02/07/2010 09:44, sunlite wrote: > the default display mode of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 is a dropdown list, > as you know. No I don't know, I've never heard of the Spreadsheet control. > Is it possible to display the WorkBook Tab of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 > horizontally? like the display mode of SSTab. Again, try asking...

Row resize increments
I want to set my row height to 49.81 but it only does increments of ..25....how do I change this? Hi AFAIK you can't define this small increments -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:72F14617-1287-405A-ABD4-45696FE3C957@microsoft.com... > I want to set my row height to 49.81 but it only does increments of > .25....how do I change this? Carl That is as close as you get using column width. You do not change it. Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. If you ...

A Huge Opportunity . . .
Hello. On April 1, 2007, a new concept in Computer Support will be rolled out across the United States and Europe. We believe that PC-VIP will turn the market for support services to the SMB space <i>ON IT'S EAR</i>. We are looking for qualified support professionals to act as field personnel in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Austin, Seattle, and Washington DC, as well as in Paris France and Brussels, Belgium, immediately. The money is big, and no kidding, this will be so big that it's entirely likely that anyone who isn't "with us&qu...

How can I move data from more than one row down, to many colums .
Can rows be moved to colums accross without dragging and dropping? Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:380E0795-7D38-47CA-819E-C726D8C8ABB9@microsoft.com... > Can rows be moved to colums accross without dragging and dropping? If you mean transpose, I don't think you can do that with the mouse. Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste Special and select the Tranpose option. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:49:09 -0700, "Randy" <...

assign a macro to send email in lotus notes from Excel spreadsheet
I would like to assign a macro button to an Excel spreadsheet that when clicked will open up email in Lotus Notes 8.5.1 with the name of the Excel spreadsheet as an attached file in the Lotus Notes email. The person that opens the spreadsheet via email should be able to make changes to the spreadsheet and click that same macro button and forward it on to the next person without saving the spreadsheet to their hard drive. Is this possible and if so, can you please provide me with the code. I am not a programmer so any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. ...

emailing spreadsheet loses date format
When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any suggestions??? Thanks! "sam" <sam2222@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0afe01c34ba6$f87d6e50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just > sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have > to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any > suggestions??? > > Thanks! Try widening the column a little. It could just be that the ...

Synchronizing 2 spreadsheets in excel
Hi, I want to use 2 different spreadsheets - 1 which displays information for all staff and 1 which displays information for management only. How can I make the spreadsheet 1 synchronize with spreadsheet 2 (for extra data to be added to)? Is this possible? Thanks in advance - Sara ...

Huge file size
If I add an image to my Pub 2002 publication, the file size increases (that's normal)--but if I remove the image, the file size does NOT decrease---it remains the same. Apparently, it is cumulative---right now I am working with a Godzilla 339MB file size. Even if I remove all of my images from the publication, and I have nothing but text, the file size remains huge. Can anything be done to decrease the file size of an existing publication? Dave Block Tech Writer Long Island, NY Dave Block <DaveBlock@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > If I add ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Puzzled?? Rotate a spreadsheet 90 degrees
I have a spreadsheet in landscape mode (11 x 8 1/2). I need to rotate 90 degrees to portrait (8 1/2 x 11) Please help. How do I do such a thing? james de memphis James, did my solution not work for you? TRANSPOSE? >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet in landscape mode (11 x 8 1/2). I >need to rotate 90 degrees to portrait (8 1/2 x 11) > >Please help. How do I do such a thing? >james de memphis >. > I believe he posted this question (for the third or forth or whatever time) prior to your reply of one of his earlier posts. My guess would be that he is ...

keep rows together
Hi I am working on a large spreadsheet of customers with sales figures etc. Several customers have several records due to change of names of companies, mergers etc. Is there a way of keeping them together in a sort or filter etc. Thanks tim You might assign each an ID num. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:42888e2f$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi I am working on a large spreadsheet of customers with sales figures > etc. > > Several customers have several records due to change of names ...

Create a new Excel spreadsheet from Word VBA
Hello, I received some help a while back but cannot locate my post. I am trying to put my Excel templates on a menu in Word along with my Word templates, hoping that I can create a new spreadsheet based on my Excel template. I have these two macros which I have tried with no luck: Sub Tryit() Dim xlApp As Object Dim xlWB As Object Dim xlWS As Object Dim cRows As Long Dim i As Long Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWB = xlApp.Workbooks.Add("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\Timetable\Rule16 fed.xlt") 'C:\Program Files...

Hiding Rows #2
Can anyone give me some guidance to set up a macro to look at a series of cells in a single column, and check the contents of each cell. If the contents are not empty, hide the entire row. I would also need to reverse it eventually...such as unhide all rows in current sheet. Any help will be appreciated. Try this: Sub HideIfContents() On Error Resume Next 'uses column of active cell Columns(ActiveCell.Column).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).EntireRow.Hidde n = True Columns(ActiveCell.Column).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).EntireRow.Hidden = True End Sub Sub Unhide() ...

Hiding $ on a spreadsheet
I want to hide all dollar amounts on a spreadsheet prior to printing. It's an estimating spreadsheet and, for one purpose, I need to print it out with only items and quantities showing - no dollar amounts. Any way to hide cells that are formatted as dollars? Tina Sub gowhite() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection If c.NumberFormat = "#,##0.00" Then c.Font.ColorIndex = 2 End If Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 15 Mar 2007 11:31:06 -0700, "TinaF" <tferraro@uiscorp.com> wrote: >I want to hide all dollar amou...

Print few rows with many colums so that rows wrap on printed pages
I have several data sheets with only 6-10 rows but many, many columns. When they print, I get the first 10 columns of data across the top of the page, but the next columns get put onto a new page and so on, leaving most of each page empty and giving me about 15 mostly blank pages to shuffle through. How can I get the data to 'wrap' so that instead of kicking onto a new page for each new set of columns it simply 'carriage returns' to the next line down on the current page and I can get all my data on just a couple much easier to read pages? Thanks. Say you have 50 co...