how to write a formula

I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up
with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12 and
then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then needs
to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the
result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205).  Also is it
possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made.

I have never used excell and currently do it manually with Word which is
hard and long

In E1, just enter =D1+(C1/13.57), format as date and copy down to E12

--

HTH

RP

"wolfmasterr" <wolfmasterr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up
> with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12
and
> then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then
needs
> to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the
> result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205).  Also is it
> possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made.
>
> I have never used excell and currently do it manually with Word which is
> hard and long

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/22/2005 3:01:07 PM
"wolfmasterr" wrote:

> I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up
> with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12 and
> then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then needs
> to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the
> result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205).  Also is it
> possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made.

Enter =D1+(C1/13.57) into cell E1 and copy it down to E12
0
bigwheel926 (227)
5/22/2005 3:05:03 PM
thankyou both it works like a treat

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> In E1, just enter =D1+(C1/13.57), format as date and copy down to E12
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "wolfmasterr" <wolfmasterr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up
> > with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12
> and
> > then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then
> needs
> > to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the
> > result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205).  Also is it
> > possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made.
> >
> > I have never used excell and currently do it manually with Word which is
> > hard and long

Timesheet formula
I'm wondering if anyone can give me a hand with writing a formula to calculate hours on a timesheet? I need the formula to calculate the number of hours of ordinary time, where ordinary time is paid for the first 4 hours of work or until 12 noon (ie if I have worked 11am - 1 pm there would be only 1 hour of ordinary time, 7am-3pm is 4 hours etc). I am not using 24 hour clock or am/pm but hoping that the formula will recognise whether the number written is in the morning or afternoon depending on whether start time is bigger than finish time. -- kddd ------------------------------------...

Formula question
I need help with getting a formula to work. I have a spreadsheet that add time accured and subtracts time used... what I need is for it to stop and not continue to add accured time if the max is reached. Thanks for any help offered. If the accurals are in column A and the used are in column B: =MIN(SUM(A1:A100)-SUM(B1:B100),1234) where 1234 is the max -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Roberta" wrote: > I need help with getting a formula to work. > > I have a spreadsheet that add time accured and subtracts time used... what I > need i...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

"real" formula
I have a large spreadsheet model to audit. There is a lot of "semiformulas" meaning formula like =4569 + (7891*0,15) and so on. I need to find a macro picking up these type of formula. I am not interested in "real" formulas created by user by means of FurmulaWizzard ( formulas concerning function names like SUM, VLOOKUP etc.) Thank you for your assistance. Jiri Cihar hi, you the keyboard shortcut ctrl+ ~ this will show formulas as formulas instead of calculations. press ctrl+~ again returns the view back to calculations. if =4569 + (7891*0.15) is calculating a value the...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

excel formula 12-28-09
I have rows of inventory numbers and I need to add a single number to the number already in the cell, make sence? I am adding additional inventory to the number in the cell and I don't want to have to add the numbers. It would be clear if you can post an example. -- Jacob "Shelley" wrote: > I have rows of inventory numbers and I need to add a single number to the > number already in the cell, make sence? I am adding additional inventory to > the number in the cell and I don't want to have to add the numbers. store 001 004 005 006 ...

Using names in a formula
Hi, I used Excel a lot some years ago and now need to use it again (Excel2000) and can't figure out how to do something that was really useful. The situation: 'Budget' worksheet has month names in the top row and account numbers in the left column. I have selected all cells and Created Names with TopRow and Left Column selected. 'Reports' worksheet has month names in the top row and account names in the left column, but not necessarily in the same relative position as in the Budget worksheet. A formula such as =May Bank_Charges (where May and Bank_Charges are names) ret...

Formula in word 2003
create a formula in a word form. I have a situation where I ned to provide an auto response based on the number d in a bokmarked cell "Risk1" I have tried the following but it brings up an error {if { risk1 } <="4""YES"}{if {risk1}>"4"<"10""Stop"}{if{risk1}>"9"<"17""Report"} The basic requirement is to provide a different response based on a number value in form field bookmark "Risk1" which can range between 1-4, 5-9, 10-16 and 17-25 each of the above ranges need a...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Formula for calculating Variance
I need help with formulas to calculate the percentage of variance between planned miles and actual miles driven by drivers at several different locations. I am given the miles per location daily. I need to calculate weekly percentage per location. Then YTD percentage per local, then total for all locals, then YTD for all locals. Can someone help me? -- Lori Lynn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lori Lynn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

Need Formula To Identify Lowest Price in Column
I need a formula to identify which vendor has the lowest price for each item *Vendor A Vendor B Vendor C* *Item 1* $10.00 $11.00 $9.00 *Item 2* $20.00 $18.00 $21.00 *Item 3* $4.25 $4.90 $4.65 Thanks / MS +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: ExcelSample.JPG | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3520 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- ms10 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ms...

delete formulas but retain answer
I have used this formula SUM($E$3*E8) to give answer in cell F8 It is part of a contract document which I have to return to them In cells e3 to e8 are my rates and other info used to arrive at a total. Now I only want to return this document with the column that is now in F8 minus E3 to E8 If I delete E3 to E8 I lose the total that is in F8 (cause I will have deleted the formulas) Is there a way to retain the info in F8 but delete columns E3 to E8 thanks Am Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:23:22 +0100 schrieb SS: > Is there a way to retain the info in F8 but delete columns E3 to E8...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...

Pivot Table formula
I would like to produce a Pivot Table, but without using the Pivot table function. I would like to use the SUMIF but I am aware that this can only be done for a single criteria. I have used the Condition Sum Wizard but this cannot be copies down or across without returning #Value. How can I find the formula behind a Pivot table so I can type his in myself. Thanks for any assistance. Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As a pivot table convert I cannot understand why you would want to do things the hard way <<grin>>. Or do you mean that you want to make a ...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

how to write a formula
I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12 and then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then needs to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205). Also is it possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made. I have never used excell and currently do it manually with Word which is hard and long In E1, just enter =D1+(C1/13.57), format as date and copy...

Bold part of formula results
Windows XP Professional Office 2000 I have a formula that produces a sentence based on the value of a cell: =IF(H18>=0,CONCATENATE("Shpt Volume Increased ",TEXT(H18,".0%")," Y-O-Y"),CONCATENATE("Shpt Volume Decreased ",(TEXT(-H18,".0%"))," Y-O-Y")) I want the word "Increased" or the word "Decreased" to be bold in the resultant cell. Does anyone know the correct way to achieve this? Thanks in advance for any help you may provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services FecEx Express Hi thi...

why is the $ sign used in formulae
See help on absolute and relative referencing. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:11:52 +1000, "kandk" <keithandkath@optusnet.com.au> wrote: ...

Excel formula help needed!
Hello everyone, I would like to create a formula that would calculate a different levy charge dependent on the amount. The example is below and any help would be really appreciated. In circumstances where amounts owed do not exceed £100 or $100 12.5% charge will apply, 4% on the next £400 or $400, 2.5% on the next £1500 or $1500, 1% on the next £8000 or $8000 and 0.25% on any additional sum. In short different %'s will apply at different levels depending on monies mowed. I'm sure that there will be use of If/And but I'm not sure on the st...

writing on an excel file
my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can't seem to write on this document. is it because its a read only fiel? how do i convert it to be able to edit and write in my expenxes? HELP!!!!!! is it because it's read only ? - check with properties under explorer. either change it there, or save as a different name Steve On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:06:02 +0100, RITZ <RITZ@discussions.microsoft.com= > = wrote: > my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can= 't = > seem > to write on this document. is it because i...

Write Error
We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS. Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and everyother transaction activates a Write Error. None of the other registers have the problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time as the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer besides microsoft updates for XP. Help Please -- Rich O''Boyle IT Tech Lundeens Liquors Are all registers on the same RMS version. ? What is the version # ? Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all mac...