How to work with Hyperlinks

I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in each
column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a column
and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still were
linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
least, in each column separately?
I'll appreciate your help.

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

0
ilyaz33 (70)

Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.

Steve

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:22:14 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in e=
ach
> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a  =

> column
> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still w=
ere
> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to=

> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at=

> least, in each column separately?
> I'll appreciate your help.
0
sj_walton (248)
8/23/2006 3:27:11 AM
Hi,

I found the following instructions from "help."  I did a test and it seemed
to work like a charm.

Deactivate several hyperlinks at once
  1.. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
  2.. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
  3.. While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivate.
  How?

    a.. To select a cell that has a hyperlink  in it without jumping to the
hyperlink destination, click the cell and hold the mouse button until the
cursor becomes a cross , then release the mouse button.
  4.. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
  5.. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.
Epinn

"ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in each
> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a column
> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still were
> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
> least, in each column separately?
> I'll appreciate your help.
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

begin 666 bluedrop.gif
M1TE&.#EA#@`*`,03```=B0``_Z6E[KVZ\JFFXPPHC]#.]@<`W]_A\00`Z@8`
MXI65_]#0_QT5VR0=VXN+_YJ:_[>W_________P``````````````````````
M`````````````````````````"'Y! $``!,`+ `````.``H```4LX"2.9&F>
IJ%D`;,L6).) R\-(48.4QA'\@8/A-%#\%(.4()$0I$0$PG,Z"0$`.P``
`
end

begin 666 default.aspx?AssetID=ZA060541571033
M1TE&.#EA#P`/`( ``/___P```"'Y! ``````+ `````/``\```(CA!&IQQ:<
AVGF32HNPBG5AZ7!@-T)BN2V=IX8;9([:M[97RA0`.P``
`
end

0
someone6932 (228)
8/23/2006 3:28:33 AM
Steve,

I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underline but
when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
something?

Epinn

"SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.

Steve

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:22:14 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in each
> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
> column
> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still were
> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
> least, in each column separately?
> I'll appreciate your help.

0
someone6932 (228)
8/23/2006 3:47:15 AM
Sorry, I normally really check my posts in excel.
It removed the formatting, so *wrongly* I assumed it had removed the  =

hyperlink

Ta, for pointing it out.

Just select the range/column and right-click choose Hyperlink.. and then=
  =

*Remove Link..* from the dialogue

Steve

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:47:15 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM> =
 =

wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underlin=
e  =

> but
> when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
> something?
>
> Epinn
>
> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
> Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
> Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.
>
> Steve
>
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:22:14 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote:=

>> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in =
 =

>> each
>> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
>> column
>> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still =
 =

>> were
>> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours t=
>> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, a=
>> least, in each column separately?
>> I'll appreciate your help.

0
sj_walton (248)
8/23/2006 6:26:43 AM
Select the range/column??  Have you tested this?

"Remove hyperlink" seems to work with one cell at a time only.  What
dialogue?  Clicking hyperlink = insert.  Did I miss anything?

So far, only copy 1 and paste special (multiply) appears to remove
**multiple** hyperlinks.

wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underline
> but
> when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
> something?
>
> Epinn
>
> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
> Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
> Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.
>
> Steve
>
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:22:14 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in
>> each
>> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
>> column
>> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still
>> were
>> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
>> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
>> least, in each column separately?
>> I'll appreciate your help.

0
someone6932 (228)
8/23/2006 6:50:30 AM
You don't get me twice - I double checked this time :)

Right-click on one gives a remove option
but right-click on a range gives ... a dialogue box
in the bottom left ..

HOLD IT - it's gone!

Actually it is there if all the selected links are the same which is wha=
t  =

I had in my test :)

Going back to bed - ta

Steve

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:50:30 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM> =
 =

wrote:

> Select the range/column??  Have you tested this?
>
> "Remove hyperlink" seems to work with one cell at a time only.  What
> dialogue?  Clicking hyperlink =3D insert.  Did I miss anything?
>
> So far, only copy 1 and paste special (multiply) appears to remove
> **multiple** hyperlinks.
>
> Epinn
>
> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, I normally really check my posts in excel.
> It removed the formatting, so *wrongly* I assumed it had removed the
> hyperlink
>
> Ta, for pointing it out.
>
> Just select the range/column and right-click choose Hyperlink.. and th=
en
> *Remove Link..* from the dialogue
>
> Steve
>
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:47:15 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM=
>
> wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underli=
ne
>> but
>> when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
>> something?
>>
>> Epinn
>>
>> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
>> Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.=

>> Steve
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:22:14 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote=
:

>>> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in=

>>> each
>>> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
>>> column
>>> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still=

>>> were
>>> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours =
>>> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, =
at
>>> least, in each column separately?
>>> I'll appreciate your help.

0
sj_walton (248)
8/23/2006 8:24:52 AM
Steve,

For the record, I am not trying to "get you."  ;)  Like you, I am a "fan" of
shortcuts.  If your method is faster and works, I like to use it.

I can't get your method work.  Also, I have tried many times as well.

(1)  I have inserted hyperlinks to a few cells filled with numbers/text.
The hyperlinks are **different**.  Have you tested with different links or
only the same links?

(2)  I use same hyperlinks for the cells.  I select the range and click
hyperlink and I get the dialogue box for insert hyperlink.  The confusing
part is sometimes I see "remove link..." on the right (not left) bottom of
the dialogue box and sometimes I don't.  I don't know why it is not
triggered ALL THE TIME.  For the odd times that I see it, I click on it to
try to remove the links.  Afterwards, I click on the cells and the links are
still there.

(3)  If this is one method, I want to know why the help feature doesn't
mention it.

Steve, please understand that I am a detailed person and I like to get to
the bottom of things.  If it is a quick method that works, I like to know.
The more we chat, the more I discover.

Yes, I was surprised that you got up so early.  Hope you slept well.

Cheers,

wrote:

> Select the range/column??  Have you tested this?
>
> "Remove hyperlink" seems to work with one cell at a time only.  What
> dialogue?  Clicking hyperlink = insert.  Did I miss anything?
>
> So far, only copy 1 and paste special (multiply) appears to remove
> **multiple** hyperlinks.
>
> Epinn
>
> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, I normally really check my posts in excel.
> It removed the formatting, so *wrongly* I assumed it had removed the
> hyperlink
>
> Ta, for pointing it out.
>
> Just select the range/column and right-click choose Hyperlink.. and then
> *Remove Link..* from the dialogue
>
> Steve
>
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:47:15 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM>
> wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underline
>> but
>> when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
>> something?
>>
>> Epinn
>>
>> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
>> Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:22:14 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in
>>> each
>>> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
>>> column
>>> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still
>>> were
>>> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
>>> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
>>> least, in each column separately?
>>> I'll appreciate your help.

0
someone6932 (228)
8/23/2006 3:51:52 PM
Steve and Epinn,
I'm glad I woke up late today and got to the end of your discussion ;)).
Sure, the last suggestion from Excel's help works. But still, it requires
clicking on EACH hyperlinked cell. I have too many of them...
Thanks, guys, for making my task a little bit easier. But still, if you will
find how to remove hyperlinks in a whole column or in several columns I'll
appreciate it.
Ilya

"Epinn" <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I found the following instructions from "help."  I did a test and it
> seemed
> to work like a charm.
>
> Deactivate several hyperlinks at once
>  1.. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
>  2.. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
>  3.. While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivate.
>  How?
>
>    a.. To select a cell that has a hyperlink  in it without jumping to the
> hyperlink destination, click the cell and hold the mouse button until the
> cursor becomes a cross , then release the mouse button.
>  4.. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
>  5.. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.
> Epinn
>
> "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in each
>> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
>> column
>> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still were
>> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to
>> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at
>> least, in each column separately?
>> I'll appreciate your help.
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida

0
ilyaz33 (70)
8/23/2006 4:29:04 PM
To remove multiple hyperlinks I suggest you use David McRitchie's macro.

Sub DelHyperlinks()
       Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
 End Sub

This will not rmove those created through the function =HYPERLINK(...) formula.

To get rid of those, copy an empty cell and Paste Special>Add to the range of
Hyperlinks.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:51:52 -0400, "Epinn" <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM> wrote:

> [...]
>> It removed the formatting, so *wrongly* I assumed it had removed the
>> hyperlink
>>
>> Ta, for pointing it out.
>>
>> Just select the range/column and right-click choose Hyperlink.. and then
>> *Remove Link..* from the dialogue
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:47:15 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Steve,
>>>
>>> I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underline
>>> but
>>> when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
>>> something?
>>>
>>> Epinn
>>>
>>> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
>>> Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required.

0
Gord
8/23/2006 5:13:38 PM
Thanks, Gord, it works!
Ilya

> [...]
>>I had in my test :)
>>
>>Going back to bed - ta
>>
>>Steve
>>

>>On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:50:30 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Select the range/column??  Have you tested this?
>>>
>>> "Remove hyperlink" seems to work with one cell at a time only.  What
>>> dialogue?  Clicking hyperlink = insert.  Did I miss anything?
>>>
>>> So far, only copy 1 and paste special (multiply) appears to remove
>>> **multiple** hyperlinks.
>>>
>>> Epinn
>>>
>>> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, I normally really check my posts in excel.
>>> It removed the formatting, so *wrongly* I assumed it had removed the
>>> hyperlink
>>>
>>> Ta, for pointing it out.
>>>
>>> Just select the range/column and right-click choose Hyperlink.. and then

0
ilyaz33 (70)
8/23/2006 5:36:21 PM
Don't worry, your comments have been valid.

In my last post, yes I did test but all were the same :)
I just copied one.

The *removelink* appears if they are all the same

CHecked help and every thing they only talk about one link when  =

editing/deleting etc

Steve

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:51:52 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM> =
 =

wrote:

> [...]

>> hyperlink
>>
>> Ta, for pointing it out.
>>
>> Just select the range/column and right-click choose Hyperlink.. and t=
hen
>> *Remove Link..* from the dialogue
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:47:15 +0100, Epinn <someone@example.com.NO_SPA=
M>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Steve,
>>>
>>> I followed your instructions.  The format painter removed the underl=
ine
>>> but
>>> when I clicked on the cell, the link was still there.  Am I missing
>>> something?
>>>
>>> Epinn
>>>
>>> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link
>>> Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell required=

0
sj_walton (248)
8/23/2006 7:23:57 PM
Epinn's solution does work for a block
mine only does if *all* the hyperlinks are the same - not the usual case=
 :)

Steve

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:29:04 +0100, ilyaz <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Steve and Epinn,
> I'm glad I woke up late today and got to the end of your discussion ;)=
).
> Sure, the last suggestion from Excel's help works. But still, it requi=
res
> clicking on EACH hyperlinked cell. I have too many of them...
> Thanks, guys, for making my task a little bit easier. But still, if yo=
u  =

> will
> find how to remove hyperlinks in a whole column or in several columns =
 =

> I'll
> appreciate it.
> Ilya
>
> "Epinn" <someone@example.com.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found the following instructions from "help."  I did a test and it
>> seemed
>> to work like a charm.
>>
>> Deactivate several hyperlinks at once
>>  1.. Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
>>  2.. Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
>>  3.. While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivat=
e.
>>  How?
>>
>>    a.. To select a cell that has a hyperlink  in it without jumping t=
o  =

>> the
>> hyperlink destination, click the cell and hold the mouse button until=
  =

>> the
>> cursor becomes a cross , then release the mouse button.
>>  4.. Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
>>  5.. Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.
>> Epinn
>>
>> "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in=
  =

>>> each
>>> column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a
>>> column
>>> and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still=
  =

>>> were
>>> linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours =
>>> finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, =
at
>>> least, in each column separately?
>>> I'll appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ilya Zeldes
>>> Fort Myers, Florida
0
sj_walton (248)

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Hyperlinks in Excel spreadsheets
I want to create a hyperlink in a spreadsheet to a calendar in Outlook. I'm using Office 2000 & Windows XP. Is this possible? ...

Spell check not working.

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

hyperlink
I have tried everything in the instructions to create a hyperlink and it just will not work? What are you trying to link to; a bookmark in the current presentation, another presentation, or a web page? Have you gone into presentation mode (F5 shortcut) before trying to operate the link? "steve h" wrote: > I have tried everything in the instructions to create a hyperlink and it just > will not work? I am trying to link to another slide in the presentation. This is the first power point I have tried to produce. I don't know how to get to the mode. &q...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

hyperlink in new IE window
I use Excel for my home financial reports and for my investments, I have the stock symbol listed onscreen with a hyperlink to Yahoo finance stock/mutual fund symbol. like http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=FEQIX If I want to get online info, I click the symbol and it opens, but - it opens in Excel. I understand why, and I'd like it to open it in an IE window. ( I find that often I close that window - forgetting that it is my Excel file that I'm closing - not an IE window. ) I've looked around and see folks saying to write the code like this: <A HREF="http://www.pageresourc...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...

Vlookup or Hlookup does not work
Hi, I need a simple formula... seems very diffucult to get In Sheet 1 I have employee names on horizontal line and a lot of numbers in vertical line. In Sheet2, i Have emloyee names on vertical line and in horisontal line i want to set up formula in sheet2 so that it calcualtes total number for each month for each name as per below sample: Sheet1 John Month days January 5 january 3 january 4 February 10 March 6 TOtal 28 Sheet 2 JOhn January February March 12 10 6 or at least John and 28 days total. Take a look SUMIF ...

Autojournal not working (Ken???)
I've been researching an Outlook problem and see several posts by Ken on the topic. Unfortunately, the fixes don't work for me... I would like the "Create new Journal Entry when starting new call" checkbox to be checked by default. IOW, I want every call made with the autodialer to be logged. I believe I have followed Ken's registry instructions correctly, but without success. (Exported registry branch follows.) I had to create the "Enabled" value, but the others were already there and set. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 SP-2. Any thoughts why th...

Export works
Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates the PST file. When I try to import, browsing for file, I cannot find the PST file to import? It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or what? Thanks Always choose your save locations carefully ;-) By default Outlook export to the following folder; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creatin...