How to set a value in a cell whose address is held in another cell

Say I  have A1=4 and A2="D3", can I write a macro to set D3=4, using the
information in A1:A2?
--
Ellis Morgan
0

Sub MakeItReal()
  Dim strText As String
  strText = Range("A2").Text
  Range(strText).Value = Range("A1").Value
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

In article <jlndga$cr4$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Jim Cone
<james.coneXxx@comcast.netXxx> writes
>Sub MakeItReal()
>  Dim strText As String
>  strText = Range("A2").Text
>  Range(strText).Value = Range("A1").Value
>End Sub

Thanks Jim, just what I needed.
--
Ellis Morgan
0

Creating Address Labels in Excel
I have maintained my greeting card mailing list for years in a non-Microsoft program. After I changed my OS to Windows XP, the mailing program wouldn't work. I recently managed to pull the name and address data into Excel, but can't figure out how to create mailing labels from the data. Is there a way to create mailing labels in Excel without having to merge the data with Word or another program? Thanks very much for pointing me in a direction. Hi Mandy, If you have Microsoft Office then you would use Microsoft Word to do the printing with Excel as the database. http://...

skipping blank cells in dynamic chart
I am creating a dynamic chart that captures 24 months of data. I'm using a vlookup to put data into the cells and it goes out 5 years. It looks like the dynamic chart code picks up the vlookup code 5 years out and tries to chart it. It also picks up months where no production accured. Is there away to ignore the vlookup if no data is in the cell? Here is a sample of my data: Dec 05 700 Jan 06 725 Feb 06 720 Mar 06 695 Apr 06 710 "blank" "blank" Jun 06 720 Jul 06 700 "blank" "blank" Aug 06 ...

set default address list?
Hi Just wondering if there's a way to globally set the default address list for Outlook 2003 using the exchange 2003 server? Basically we have 4 offices and we'd like to set the default address book of people in office A with officeA address bok etc. thanks gerryR hi this KB will help you.. http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=319213 shai -- "gerryR" wrote: > Hi > > Just wondering if there's a way to globally set the default address list for > Outlook 2003 using the exchange 2003 server? Basically we have 4 offices > and we&#...

name.value@ smtp address wildcard
Hello, Were developing an extension to our application that will require many smtp addresses to be assigned to an account in the following format; mysmtpname.12345@mydomain.com We have a server side service which monitors a mail folder and performs actions when mail is received. The ID part of the above address is used to link these actions to items in our database. We need the ID in the smtp address as we cannot inject it anywhere else through the process. There will be many ID type addresses needed against the account and rather than place a burden on the exchange admins to set thes...

Outlook Address Book issue
When one of my clients connected to the home office via TS looks at the Address book in Outlook, it only shows EX addresses. I am novice enough that I don't know if this is normal or not. But when she is sending a new message to one of the internal people in the company and clicks To: to get the address book the message does not get delivered. If I look at the message, and select Outlook properties for the recipient, it only shows the EX address string. Should TS users not be using Cached mode as it looks as though there is no off-line address book. SBS 2K3 sp1 WXP Pro Outlook 2K3 ...

VBA
Hi Is it possible to fill a cell with colour on a locked worksheet?? I guess not! what I would like to do is have a peace of code that runs after the user selects a colour from the colour palette toolbox, then temporarily unlock the sheet, fill the selection with colour, then re-lock. is they any functionality accessible in the colour toolbox? like an after update event? or can anyone think of a workaround. Thanks Jado Hi depending on your Excel version you can allow formating cells within the Protection dialog. Which version do you use? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany J...

Conditional formating a cell containing a date
I need to conditional format a cell containing a date based on 3 criteria... In the example below I need each cell in column J (containing the date) to turn red with white lettering IF the date in J* is the current date or earlier AND I* says "CMM" AND L* says neither "accepted" or "rejected". Based on my criteria cell J2 and J5 should be red with white lettering. Who Priority date accepted/rejected CMM 12/22/09 CMM 12/20/09 ...

How to set up for out of office
I need to know how to setup my e-mail account in Outlook 2000 to let people know that I will be out of the office for an extended period of time when they e-mail me. I don't want to have to send a broadcast e-mail to my contacts in my address book. New and potential clients aren't in there and I don't want them to think I'm ignoring them. Thank you, Gary McCormack See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please repl...

public calendar default settings
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I have my default Outlook calendar and have created a second public calendar that is shared with others on my Exchange server. The default reminder setting for my default Outlook calendar is 1 hour. That seems to also be the default reminder setting for the things I put on the public calendar. However, the public calendar items do not need reminders. But when I change the default reminder setting to "none," that has now become the default reminder setting for my personal calendar as well. Is there a way to set separate defaults fo...

use value of variable in a statement
I would like to use the value of a variable in a statement within a module like Dim strTestvariable as string strTestvariable = "Chicago" ' This value will be passed by another module or a form If Location = strTestvariable then ................... I would like strTestvariable replaced with its content "Chicago" Thanks for the help Ynot wrote: >I would like to use the value of a variable in a statement within a module >like >Dim strTestvariable as string > >strTestvariable = "Chicago" ' This value will be passed...

changing contacts frm global address list to contacts in outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C7197D.17870700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I change in outlook 2003 so that the first place when I address a = email it looks at my contacts instead of my global address list. I'm = using the office Microsoft exchange server version. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C7197D.17870700 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Trans...

Cannot scroll in outlook 2000 address book
Cannot get the microsoft intelli explorer whell mouse to scroll the address book. Installed latest drivers. I have seen this scroll bar work in Outlook 98. I tried a support fix from microsoft but still doesn't work. Please help. ...

Multiple domains
I am currently managing an Exchange 5.5 box that is servicing mail for two domain names...lets say @company1.com and @company2.com. Is there a way to set up the Exchange box to allow the message specific changing of the "reply to" address? In other words, my internal client receives a message that was sent to user@company1.com and when he replies it shows that it came from user@company1.com. The next message he receives was pointed to user@company2.com and when he replies it will show that it came from user@company2.com instead of user@company1.com. Not supported in Ex5.5. Wit...

Locking cells from scrolling
I've seen this functionality in spreadsheets, but I can't find info or the feature that can accomplish this. It's like creating a framed web page, where only a portion of the window actually scrolls. Does that make sense? If so, you know the functionality I'm trying to create. The purpose is so that I can create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content. Thanks Dan Hi Dan, In the top right corner of the spreadsheet, there is a small horizontal = button. Drag it down as far as you need, then do Window>Freeze Panes. HTH Anders Silv=E9n &qu...

Address updates
Situation I have many contacts linked to an Account. So ... I get a new account address ... do I need to drill into each record and update each contact .... or is there a way to link them, or auto update related records Rhett ...

Creating more than 1 line in a cell
Is there any way to create more than one line in a cell? You cannot use the RETURN or TAB keys since they take you to another cell. I tried using three cells and then merging into one, but then it only keeps the information form the uppermost cell and then deletes the data in the other two cells. Text-wrapping doesn't work because if the word(s) on the top line is long enough, then I have to add several spaces before it will be forced to go down to a second line. I've tried Excel Help, but it goes to autoformat and none of the formats are the ones that I want. Thank...

Outlook 2003 Address Book Issues
Before installing Outlook 2003 over Outlook 2000, the Windows Address Book (%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\wab.exe) and Outlook were unified in the sense that the Outlook contacts and Address Book held the same entries. So opening the Address Book from the start menu and opening it by clicking the icon in the Outlook tool bar displayed exactly the same list. After the installation of Outlook 2003, the described unification went somewhat out of order: 1. The Address Book displayed by clicking the icon in the Outlook tool bar starts up an address book program different from "wab.exe"....

Need OWA security settings
What are the proper directory security settings for the three OWA folders: Exchange, Exadmin & Public as setup in IIS? ...

Setting for shutting down when I hit the power button
I have Windows XP installed on my box at home, and, before I installed it on a brand new HDD, I was able to just hit the power button and the OS would shut down and power off automatically. During the installation phase of XP, I had issues which I tried to resolve by resetting the BIOS. I'm pretty sure this is where I went wrong because now that I have the computer working right again, I can't shut down the thing automatically as previously described. Is there a power setting in XP Pro that I can change that will allow this functionality, or is it in the power options...

One or more margins are set outside the printable area...
Greetings. I had this message a few years (and Office generations and OS) ago. At that time, I think it was resolved by deleting a normal.dot file (which I did this time) or downloading new printer driver (which I have done). The problem persists. Could I have a step-by-step walk through, please? I have Office 2008 with Snow Leopard, and a Canon Pixma iP2000. Thanks. ...

another pst file has attached itself to my all mail folders list
Outlook 2003 I have a few different users and each one has its own pst file with its own individual name. mg.pst or louise.pst etc. Somehow, when I open the mg profile, the louise.pst is also listed in my All Mail Folders List on the left. Right clicking on it to close it, results in the message "the operation failed. An object could not be found". Is there a way to get this out of my mg mail folders list profile list? And how did it get on? TIA Louise Create a new mail profile - yours has somehow become corrupt. Configure it to use your existing .pst file. --� Milly...

How to automatically move to a new cell...
....After data is entered. Hi, This seems one of the most helpful and friendly groups available. If anyone can help, I'll be grateful. Current method: We have a device that measures color density of printed patterns. It automatically exports its data (with a return) to an Excel cell and moves to the cell below it. The sheet is set up so that data is entered in five cells in a column and the 6th cell averages the five entries. The user must then manually arrow up to the top of the next column. Arrowing right and up four may not sound like a big deal but the user may sample a hundred spots...

placing a value in a field
Hello: With the use of VBA, what code would you use to populate the Employee ID field in one window with the same empliyee ID (value) from another open window? Thanks! childofthe1980s Set the value of the second window field = to the value of the first window field. You will need to qualify the name of the field. Put on whichever window event is appropriate to your case - probably the After Open event. I can give you more exact information if you'll give me the object names involved. EmpID.focus (windowname.fieldname) Leslie "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: >...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

Show cell contents depending on other cells information
Hello, here is my problem. I have two cells (B5) and (C5). If (B5) has any other value than 40 or if (C5) contains text, I want to display the contents of cell (D5). Otherwise the contents of (D5) are to remain invisible. Is this doable? Thanks. On Nov 19, 11:04=A0am, RedBeard <eea...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, here is my problem. > > I have two cells (B5) and (C5). > > If (B5) has any other value than 40 or if (C5) contains text, I want > to display the contents of cell (D5). > Otherwise the contents of (D5) are to remain invisible. > >...