How to set a value in a cell whose address is held in another cell

Say I  have A1=4 and A2="D3", can I write a macro to set D3=4, using the
information in A1:A2?
--
Ellis Morgan
0

Sub MakeItReal()
  Dim strText As String
  strText = Range("A2").Text
  Range(strText).Value = Range("A1").Value
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .

In article <jlndga$cr4$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Jim Cone
<james.coneXxx@comcast.netXxx> writes
>Sub MakeItReal()
>  Dim strText As String
>  strText = Range("A2").Text
>  Range(strText).Value = Range("A1").Value
>End Sub

Thanks Jim, just what I needed.
--
Ellis Morgan
0

setting up new outlook mail account

Inserting time inside cell
I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a cell? sn hi, hh:mm:ss or 12:12:12 also see Format>cells>number tab. scroll down left to custom. scroll down right to see other formats. regards FSt1 "Sachi Noma" wrote: > I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP > > Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a > cell? > > sn > > Hi Sachi, Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell, i...

OWA Set Rule problem

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the conditions of it's calculations........... =(IF(A1>5,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vic_dic" <vic_dic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A590D8A6-7E86-49B7-AA9A-12DE213E670C@microsoft.com... > Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. What are you...

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

Reading Pane Settings

Freezing contents of a cell
I have a cell (A4) that copies the results of a formula in another cell (B8). When B8 changes, I want A4 to keep its original results. Is this possible? Thanks, Barney Yes, have a look at the freeze pane function. It takes a cell co-ordinate and freezes on the cell. -- Regards, Alvin Bruney [Shameless Author Plug] The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET available at www.lulu.com/owc ------------------------------------------------------------ "Barney" <postonbl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OB#mmsSIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a c...

Need to sum values that are not strikethroughs
I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs values; is it possible to combine a formula and vb code to a cell ? =SUM(BH100:BH120) & Activecell.selection.font.strikethrough = false Thank you Khf Try: Function zum(r As Range) As Double Dim rr As Range For Each rr In r If rr.Font.Strikethrough = False Then zum = zum + rr.Value End If Next End Function In the worksheet use it like: =zum(A1:A10) -- Gary''s Student "Rock" wrote: > I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs > values; i...

running macro from 1 wks that manipulates another
I have been at this problem for too long...keep not getting the results I need. I have a wks (ie: wks1) that has a commandbutton on it that copies a 2nd wks (ie: wks2) to a 3rd (ie: wks3) so that I can delete some rows not needed for a report and re-sort based on data in 1 column. The copy procedure works fine but when it looks thru the data in column D for the string "series", it does not delete the rows. The secondary procedure to sort works fine. What am I doing wrong? Please Help...thx here is the code for both steps: Sub btnSortBySRC_Click() Dim strMainWks As Str...

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

How do I set OOR

format a cell
does anybody know how i can format a cell so that it looks like its raise. thanks in advance. One play to tinker with Either switch-off the gridlines (Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck gridlines > OK) or press CTRL + A (select entire sheet) then click to Fill color > white Select the cell(s) Click Format > Cells > Border tab Select the thickest solid line in "Style" Click to format either the right & bottom or the left & top borders Select the thinnest solid line in "Style" Click to format the remaining 2 borders Click OK -- Rgds...

Set Focus