how to remove side number that show on the excel worksheet?

when i print out a worksheet  it comes out with the number 1 - whatever on
the left.
I was wondering how to stop it from print those numbers?
0
Ben1 (161)

Try this:

File|Page Setup|Sheet tab
Make sure "Row and Column Headings" is unchecked.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"BEN" wrote:

> when i print out a worksheet  it comes out with the number 1 - whatever on
> the left.
> I was wondering how to stop it from print those numbers?
If I understand the problem, it looks like you may need to go to FILE, PAGE
SETUP, then SHEET and deselect a check mark in the "Print" section.  You
should deselect "row and column headings".

"BEN" wrote:

> when i print out a worksheet  it comes out with the number 1 - whatever on
> the left.
> I was wondering how to stop it from print those numbers?

Remove Excel Icon ??

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

Removal

Excel 2002
Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? If the entries truly are numbers, and assuming they are 10 digit numbers, then you need to use one criteria of >=2307450000 and another of <=2307459999 "Mike Faulkner" wrote: > Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* > in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? I found this solution: Autofilter doesn't work with digits as if they were other characters (e.g. l...

Remove lines with +++

can i edit only a selected range of data in an excel chart?
I perform a lot of tests that involve changing changing an element during the run and observing the effects over time and it would be extremely useful if I could create a trendline that covered only the desired range of data, rather than spanning the entire chart, without having to go in, find the data range and plot it in a chart of its own. Is there any way to do this? I'm currently using Office 2003. Let's say the dates are in column A, the y-values in B In column C type a 1 next to the cells you want plotted In D2 (I will assume the first row has headers) , enter =IF...

Lookup
I currently have a lookup field in my spreadsheet that looks up the price of a product by product number. Although the lookup usually works there are occasions when it returnes the N/A even tho the product number is in the lookup table. If I copy the product reference from the lookup table and paste it into the first spreadsheet, the lookup then gives the correct price. I've tried formatting the product reference field in the spreadsheet and in the lookup table to try to get them to match, but i still get these errors. Can anyone shed any light? thanks Gill --- Message posted fr...

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

How to Remove SRS

How to create a shortcut in Excel?
How to create a shortcut in Excel? Hi Vova To a macro? To a sheet? A shortcut on the desktop to a file? Post back with more info and someone can help you -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to create a shortcut in Excel? Vova wrote: > How to create a shortcut in Excel? One way (Excel 97): Insert >> Hyperlink ...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

Shortcuts of excel
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. "Page across" is Alt+PageDown. To page back towards the A column again you do Alt+PageUp. If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys (it was there up to Excel 2000). Regards David "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7H2C9PqDHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontal...

read only worksheet wanted.
I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet read only. Is it possible to do this (make a workbook or a worksheet read only) via a macro statement? Hi Susan.......... I just recorded one and it came out like this.......... Sub readonly() ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d83c01c3ef45$3f202900$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet > read only. Is it possible to do ...

Removing an item from menu

Excel PDF
Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? You can save an excel file as a PDF file but you have to have a PDF writer. "Craigv_2000" wrote: > Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? Craig For FREE!!! I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which you then convert to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:16...

Annoying things / Excel
Hello, I used to run excel 2000. I currently upgrade to excell 2002 and it nice and all but there are these really annoying pop up help boxes when I am working in excel. I copy cells and paste them to other cell all the time but then now this annoying popup box /clip board shows which blocks my view. I know what I am doing when i copy and paste....i dont need that pop-up clip board to keep showing. How do i disable it? -- Maxwell-5000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

Serial Number Contact?
I found several similar questions, but not this one exactly. I downloaded 2007 Money Plus and installed. Computer crash wiped it out. I don't have the serial number. Is there a contact at Microsoft or DigitalRiver for finding this number? ...

remove Fax from address book?

Borders on text boxes do not show??
I cannot make the text box borders show no matter what I do. When I select a color for the text box borders it will not show in the selection box, nor will it show on the page I am editing. It will however print properly. The same occurs when I place a rectangle or any other shape on the page - no border can be shown. Actually, so shading or fill color is shown either. Any suggestions?? Did you find a solution to this, Dave. I have same problem "Dave" wrote: > I cannot make the text box borders show no matter what I do. When I select a > color for the text box bord...

Exporting several xml levels from excel

Need to remove selected characters