How to printout only selected rows and columns

Hi all.

here's my problem:

I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
someotherstuff
I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
(continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now
Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as
prints.

I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would
appreciate your help !!

TIA

Gina

0
gin1 (4)

Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP > Sheet.  You should see two
used the row option, buth if the headers were in column A, I would put A:A in
the Column option.  Then highlight what continues columns I wanted to print
and the appropriote headers in column A would print.  Maybe you just have to
enter 1 for the Row if you want row 1 to print as stated.

Les

"Gina Meyer" wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> here's my problem:
>
> I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
> someotherstuff
> I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
> (continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now
> Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as
> prints.
>
> I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would
> appreciate your help !!
>
> TIA
>
> Gina

0
WLMPilot (32)
8/31/2006 10:34:02 AM
Hi Pilot.

Thanks for your answer .... but unfortunately it is not what I need in this
case, I think
what I have tried so far is:

***********
Sub PrintMySelection()
Dim strTopLeft, strEndRight As String

    strTopLeft = "$A$2"
    strEndRight = "$E$3"
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = strTopLeft & ":" & strEndRight
    ActiveSheet.PrintOut
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Null

End Sub
************

What I would rather like to have is a more dynamic approach ....
whatever rows and columns I select
say next time ... I would like to have row 5-15 ( because I have selected
them)
.... same number of columns though

maybe someone can point me to right direction
(I am using Access 2000)

Thanks, Gina

"WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP > Sheet.  You should see two
not
> used the row option, buth if the headers were in column A, I would put A:A
in
> the Column option.  Then highlight what continues columns I wanted to
print
> and the appropriote headers in column A would print.  Maybe you just have
> enter 1 for the Row if you want row 1 to print as stated.
>
> Les
>
> "Gina Meyer" wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > here's my problem:
> >
> > I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2,
> > someotherstuff
> > I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns
> > (continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now
> > Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as
> > prints.
> >
> > I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would
> > appreciate your help !!
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Gina

0
gin1 (4)
8/31/2006 12:07:16 PM
This is an Excel forum :)

Pilot's answer assumed you wanted the headers printed - because you  =

mentioned them.

Steve

  =

> this
> case, I think
> what I have tried so far is:
>
> ***********
> Sub PrintMySelection()
> Dim strTopLeft, strEndRight As String
>
>     strTopLeft =3D "$A$2"
>     strEndRight =3D "$E$3"
>     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea =3D strTopLeft & ":" & strEndRight=

>     ActiveSheet.PrintOut
>     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea =3D Null
>
> End Sub
> ************
>
> What I would rather like to have is a more dynamic approach ....
> whatever rows and columns I select
> say next time ... I would like to have row 5-15 ( because I have selec=
ted
> them)
> ... same number of columns though
>
> maybe someone can point me to right direction
> (I am using Access 2000)
>
> Thanks, Gina
>

> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag=

>> Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP > Sheet.  You should see tw=
ve
> not
>> used the row option, buth if the headers were in column A, I would pu=
t  =

>> A:A
> in
>> the Column option.  Then highlight what continues columns I wanted to=

> print
>> and the appropriote headers in column A would print.  Maybe you just =
 =

>> have
>> enter 1 for the Row if you want row 1 to print as stated.
>>
>> Les
>>
>> "Gina Meyer" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all.
>> >
>> > here's my problem:
>> >
>> > I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address=
2,
>> > someotherstuff
>> > I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate column=
>> > (continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for=
  =

>> now
>> > Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels=
 as
>> > prints.
>> >
>> > I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and wo=
uld
>> > appreciate your help !!
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > Gina

-- =

Steve (3)
0
sj_walton (248)
8/31/2006 4:21:54 PM
sorry ... I may then have to find a different forum ?
I am too new to even find my way through here

thanks anyway
Gina

--
Steve (3)

0
gin1 (4)
8/31/2006 4:32:39 PM
I'd answer, but I don't use Acess so can't quite help

Steve

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:32:39 +0100, Gina M. <gin@freenet.de> wrote:

> sorry ... I may then have to find a different forum ?
> I am too new to even find my way through here
>
> thanks anyway
> Gina
>

> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> This is an Excel forum :)
>
> Pilot's answer assumed you wanted the headers printed - because you
> mentioned them.
>
> Steve
>
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:07:16 +0100, Gina M. <gin@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pilot.
>>
>> Thanks for your answer .... but unfortunately it is not what I need i=
>> this
>> case, I think
>> what I have tried so far is:
>>
>> ***********
>> Sub PrintMySelection()
>> Dim strTopLeft, strEndRight As String
>>
>>     strTopLeft =3D "$A$2"
>>     strEndRight =3D "$E$3"
>>     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea =3D strTopLeft & ":" & strEndRigh=
>>     ActiveSheet.PrintOut
>>     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea =3D Null
>>
>> End Sub
>> ************
>>
>> What I would rather like to have is a more dynamic approach ....
>> whatever rows and columns I select
>> say next time ... I would like to have row 5-15 ( because I have  =

>> selected
>> them)
>> ... same number of columns though
>>
>> maybe someone can point me to right direction
>> (I am using Access 2000)
>>
>> Thanks, Gina
>>

>> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitra=
>>> Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP > Sheet.  You should see t=
wo
ave
>> not
>>> used the row option, buth if the headers were in column A, I would p=
ut
>>> A:A
>> in
>>> the Column option.  Then highlight what continues columns I wanted t=
>> print
>>> and the appropriote headers in column A would print.  Maybe you just=

>>> have
>>> enter 1 for the Row if you want row 1 to print as stated.

>>> now
s  =

>>> as

>>> would

-- =

Steve (3)
0
sj_walton (248)
8/31/2006 4:46:42 PM
Steve
unbelievable ... I meant Excel ....
2000 ... I was probably thinking about better using access and wrote ...
ashes on my head

--
Steve (3)

0
gin1 (4)
8/31/2006 5:51:44 PM
Mmmmm.

So the gist is that you want to select an area and print it from a macro=
  =

(button I guess)

2nd bit, was to remember the columns and on subsequent range selections =
 =

just alter the rows (using the previous columns)

Your macro works - but only for the area you hard-coded in.

Off to think - sorry

Steve

 =

>>> not
>>> in
>>> print

0
sj_walton (248)
9/1/2006 8:38:21 AM
How about:

Sub PrintSelection()
    Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1
End Sub

That will send whatever you have currently selected to the default printer.

"Gina M." wrote:

> Steve
> unbelievable ... I meant Excel ....
> 2000 ... I was probably thinking about better using access and wrote ...
> ashes on my head
>
> Gina
>
> "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'd answer, but I don't use Acess so can't quite help
>
> Steve
>
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:32:39 +0100, Gina M. <gin@freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > sorry ... I may then have to find a different forum ?
> > I am too new to even find my way through here
> >
> > thanks anyway
> > Gina
> >

> > "SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > This is an Excel forum :)
> >
> > Pilot's answer assumed you wanted the headers printed - because you
> > mentioned them.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:07:16 +0100, Gina M. <gin@freenet.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Pilot.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your answer .... but unfortunately it is not what I need in
> >> this
> >> case, I think
> >> what I have tried so far is:
> >>
> >> ***********
> >> Sub PrintMySelection()
> >> Dim strTopLeft, strEndRight As String
> >>
> >>     strTopLeft = "$A$2"
> >>     strEndRight = "$E$3"
> >>     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = strTopLeft & ":" & strEndRight
> >>     ActiveSheet.PrintOut
> >>     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = Null
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >> ************
> >>
> >> What I would rather like to have is a more dynamic approach ....
> >> whatever rows and columns I select
> >> say next time ... I would like to have row 5-15 ( because I have
> >> selected
> >> them)
> >> ... same number of columns though
> >>
> >> maybe someone can point me to right direction
> >> (I am using Access 2000)
> >>
> >> Thanks, Gina
> >>

> >> "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> not
> >> in
> >> print

> --
> Steve (3)

0
JLatham (219)

selected text highlighting issue
Windows XP SP3. This has always bugged me so I figured I'd finally ask the question. I run 2 monitors and work on multiple things at once. If I have a Word doc open (or notepad or some other editor) and select a block of text and then move to another application, the text in the Word doc no longer appears selected. This is extremely annoying at times. Just because my Word doc is no longer the active application doesn't mean that I don't want to see what I've selected. And if it's so that I know it's not the active application, well that's pretty silly sinc...

select all for check box..
HI.. I have a check box field in a continuous form... name is mCheck I want to have a command button Select All such that when clicked, all check boxes in the continuous form would be selected...Thank you.. -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 A continuous form would display a set of records. Are you saying that you want all the records in the set marked with a check-mark? If so, one way to do this would be to run a query via code behind the command button that updates the field underlying the checkbox in a...

Countif multiple column criteria
I need help with a count: I am using Excel 2003. I have three columns A B C Record ID Year Criticality 1 2006 Critical 2 2006 High 3 2007 Critical 4 2006 Critical 5 2007 Medium 6 2006 High 7 2006 High What I need is a way to count where the record is in 2006 AND Critical. For 2006 Critical, I should end up with 2 2006 high I should end up with 3, etc. I have tried many variations of fo...

Apply Outlook 2007 filtering to selected email accounts
I have Outlook 2007 configured to check email on my Exchange server, 2 personal POP3 accounts, as well as my hotmail account. I have junk mail filtering turned on, and all works well - except with the hotmail account. It's mainly a timing quirk, I guess, between the time the header is downloaded vs the message body. Many times I'll start highlighting the headers to delete the junk messges and then all of a sudden Outlook moves one (or more) of the messages to its Junk Mail folder. That's nice, but it's caused me to accidently delete legitimate messages that have becom...

remove or hide blank rows
Hello, I have a problem with excel, i have one sheet with a lot of information of project that are plannend for a prefered month. I want to make a list on a other sheet for each month. I want to use the name of the month to generate this sheet. How do i leave the blank rows(because there for a other month) out of this list? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Erik, Try using Data | Filter | Autofilter to hide all non-related information prior to copying and pasting into the other sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Erik Beijlen via OfficeKB.com" <forum...

Printout
Hello, On the email printout, the default format is that there is user name at the upper top left corner (just above the horizontal line). How can I modify the default? I am going to manually change the default to our company name, or even remove it. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks. Billy ...

Filter excluding selection filters out null values
I have noticed that when I use the Filter Excluding Selection button on a form it also filters out all records which have a null value for that field even though the current record and field I have selected doesn't have a null value. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks. -Scott On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:52:02 -0700, hishi <hishi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have noticed that when I use the Filter Excluding Selection button on a >form it also filters out all records which have a null value for that field >even though the current record and field I have sele...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Selecting Addresses for a new mail message
When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display my contacts to select for the new message. In screen that pops up when I select the "to" shows email addresses and fax or business numbers. Is there a way to customize this screen where it will only show my contacts' email addresses and not show their fax or business numbers? Any suggestions or help is appreciated. flwmims <flwmims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display > my contacts to select for the n...

How to find which phone is selected from Phone Seletors in Contact's form?
Hi, Is there any way to find which phone is selected in first "phone" texbox in ContactItem's form? I saw that this textbox is bind to "Phone 1 Selected" property, but i cannot find such property in OMM or CDO? Thanks ...

selection criteria
Hi I have two rows of data (header and data row) and I am trying to select only data matching the following criteria If the data cell is empty, do not include cell or corresponding header cell in selection Example header1 header2 header data1 data selection should return {A1, A2, C1, C2 I know I can select blank cells by using "Edit", "Go To" ,"special" and then "blanks", but what I am looking for is the inverse of that selection with additional cells discluded based on any value in the cell directly below it. My explanat...

Selecting a range of cells based on the date.
Hi MS Office Help, I would like to know how to choose a selection of cells based on what month it is. For instance, if the month was january, excel would allow me to select cells A1-F1, which I could then use as a data source for a chart. If the month became march or april, excel would allow me to select cells C1-H1, D1-I1 respectively, and so on. This will allow me to vary my chart automatically as the month changes. Help is greatly appreciated. Hi Solomon, Use the Data - Autofilter -custom feature or Data - filter - text filters - custom depending on your version of...

Check Registry printout
Is there any way to print out a copy of my check registry for the previous calendar year, or for that matter, for any chosen span of time. All I can find is a drop-down window that lets me select from; All Dates Current Month Current Year Last 3 Months Last 12 Months None of these will give me a print-out of my 2004 checking activities. Thanks for any suggestions, Gordon Try customizing an Account Transactions report. "Gordon" <gordonlr@DELETEswbell.net> wrote in message news:9g1h21dpk0nlkue6jrto9csfnrbroa2fhl@4ax.com... > Is there any way to print out a copy of my check...

Printing the first two rows as headers.
I would like to have the first two rows print at the top of every page of my print out. I know this is a basic function, yet I can not seem to find it in the help function. Could someone please post how to do this /AND/ tell me what key words to put in the search/help function that would show the answer as well. Thanks Michael -- J. Michael Morse michael@stignatius.cc <mailto:michael@stignatius.cc> St. Ignatius <C:/Parish%20Administration/Graphics/Bulletin/Ignatius2C.jpg> "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." - Mother Teresa Hi ...

select name box freezes Outlook

Finding values in different rows/columns
This should be simple, but I'm lost. To greatly simplify my sheets: 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 I want to do a VLOOKUP(1,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in D4, or VLOOKUP(2,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in C9. In other words, find my A cell reference and return the value in a different row/column from that. Another question: When I move a cell (cell1) to another cell (cell2) a cell (cell3) that references cell1 moves its reference from cell1 to c...

Excel heading rows to repeat
How do I get my column headings to repeat on subsequent pages during the printing process? I'm not talking about the A, B, C, D rows that identify the column. For example: My headings would be Apples Oranges Bananas I want that to show up on every page of my printed report when the data is more than just one page long. File>page setup>sheet and rows to repeat at top Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ironmaiden64083" wrote: > How do I get my column headings to repeat on subsequent pages during the > printing process? I'm not talking about the A, B, C, D...

Resizing columns in CHeaderCtrl
Hello, How can I resize columns in CHeaderCtrl so that their width is equal to the width in pixels of header string? Regards, Vladimir. I think this was answered well in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:48:53 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I resize columns in CHeaderCtrl so that their width is equal to the >width in pixels of header string? > >Regards, >Vladimir. > > ----------------------------------------- To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please ...

selecting sheets in an array
hi i want to select a few sheets and move it before a sheet name total. i have to program as : Sheets(Array("Q1 2005", "Q2 2005", "Q3 2005")).Select Sheets(Array("Q1 2005", "Q2 2005", "Q3 2005")).Move After:=Sheets(9) i am successful is forming the string Sheets(Array("Q1 2005", "Q2 2005", "Q3 2005")) by the code as: str = "" For n = 1 To m If n = m Then comStr = "" Else comStr = "," If n = 1 Then begStr = "Sheets(Array(" Else begStr = "" ...

Missing column letters and barely visible row numbers
The row with all column letters have totally disappeared in some of my Excel spreadsheets and the row numbers are just barely visible in the left margin. Any solutions ? Using xl2003 menus... Window|arrange|Tiled and resize the windows the way you like. If both the column and row headers were not showing up, it could be this: Tools|Options|view tab Make sure "Row & column headers" is checked. ppprado wrote: > > The row with all column letters have totally disappeared in some of my Excel > spreadsheets and the row numbers are just barely visible in the left margin. ...

Can't sort column of SUM values
I'm having a strange data sorting problem where my table won't sort a column of values that are SUMs of other columns. For example, the formula in Row 2 in the sorting column H is: = SUM (A2, C2, F2, G2) When I do the sort of Col H, most of the numbers are in the right order, some of the sums are out of order. Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but it seems only the 11 sums that seem to get mis- sorted. 55 52 25 23 11 15 12 11 0 0 0 0 11 11 0 0 0 Anyone have any idea why this is happening?! Thanks. John If you're just sorting that column, maybe you can convert it to v...

Problem with printout
Hi, I have this problem when i print the report from access. After clicking on the print, i have to go to the printer to press on the start button to print but the problem does not appear on the other PCs as well as other microsoft office product. Do anyone know how this problem occurs and how to retify it..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200803/1 I don't have the answer (although I can speculate) but just in case this is unclear to anyone (and tell me if I've misunderstood please): 'Benjamins' press...

Move select data to another worksheet
I have a master worksheet that contains project report information. Of the 300+ rows of data, I need to pull only the rows based on the "Business Owner" column into another worksheet (or workbook) so I can send only the project information specific to that business owner. The manual alternative is to save the workbook with another name, delete the rows that don't pertain to that business owner, save, and send. Is there a formula or macro I can use to automate this process? I have 25-30 different business owners and the manual process is too time consuming. Annabelle, Select a ...

Copying a formula down 20K rows
I have a rather large spread sheet and would like to copy formulas from one row to the next. It seems like there should be an easier way of copying to 20K rows than grabbing the fill handle and moving down that long. I tried reviewing some of the tips in "programing" but I have no idea how or where to type those directions (macros???I hope not). Thanks If there are entries immediately to the left (or the right) of the column where the formulas are to do, then all you need do is double click the fill handle best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.s...

UNMERGE two cells/rows in Excel
I copied a MS Word Table into an MS EXCEL table and some of the rows were split into two rows when pasted into the workbook. How can I get (Merge) all of the data data split into the cell on one row. Larry In a helper column enter =A1 & A2 If need a space between =A1 & " " & A2 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:31:03 -0800, "Larry D." <Larry D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I copied a MS Word Table into an MS EXCEL table and some of the rows were >split into two rows when pasted into the workbook. How can I get (Merg...