How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands

I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
Thanks for your help .....
0
Halifax (1)

"Halifax" <Halifax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
> I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
> Thanks for your help .....

I don't see the problem. Copy the text, and in the new worksheet paste into
a comment...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

The trick is to use the formula bar

Say we have text in A1 thru A5

1. in B1 enter:
=A1&A2&A3&A4&A5

2. copy B1 and paste/special/values in B2
B2 contains the concatenated text

3. click on B2 and hi-light the text in the formula bar
then touch CNTRL-c

4. on the new worksheet, insert a comment and touch CNTRL-v
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200827

"Halifax" wrote:

> I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
> I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
> Thanks for your help .....
0
GarysStudent (1572)
1/17/2009 2:25:01 PM
Why use two cells? Paste Special back into B1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The trick is to use the formula bar
>
> Say we have text in A1 thru A5
>
> 1. in B1 enter:
> =A1&A2&A3&A4&A5
>
> 2. copy B1 and paste/special/values in B2
> B2 contains the concatenated text
>
> 3. click on B2 and hi-light the text in the formula bar
> then touch CNTRL-c
>
> 4. on the new worksheet, insert a comment and touch CNTRL-v
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200827
>

> "Halifax" wrote:
>
>> I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
>> I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
>> Thanks for your help .....

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/17/2009 3:57:50 PM
Hi,

I see your problem, you want to copy all the data with one command.

Here's a strange trick:
1.  Highlight the range and choose copy
2.   Open Word and choose Paste.
3.   Select the Word data and choose copy
4.  Move into the comment on the other Excel spreadsheet and choose Paste.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Halifax" wrote:

> I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
> I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
> Thanks for your help .....

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

need to create a list box based on the selection of another list
I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link someone gave me. sorry to have to ask again, but it looked exatly what i wanted - had a new computer at work and they lost all my stored data... thanks what's your question ? -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Gover" wrote: > I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in > acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link > someone gave me. sorry to have t...

text must be seen as code
Hi all, I am struggling with the following: I have made a table where a define Case / Description Case / SQL-code The sql-code is the correct code (with [table]!... etc.) which need to be checked if a record belongs to case 1 , case 2 , etc. I want the code for these codes all togheter in a table to make it easier for my successor to maintain it. Now the problem: In a query I make the following check: Case 6: IIf([Overview cases]![SQL-code],"OK","NOK") This does not work because access sees the test as TEXT, how can I make it clear to access that this [Overview cases...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Text values to numeric values
Is there a formula to convert a text value in a cell to a numeri value? Thanks, Jayveeja -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39463 Good afternoon Jatveejay Yes there is. Say your numeric value is in A1, in B1 the formula: =VALUE(A1) will show the number as a value. If you wanted to convert a number in its cell from a text number to a value number, ie., not use a formula in a di...

Using Outlook 2003 Lotus Connector
I use Outlook XP and have it configured to use the Lotus Server connector and it works great. Recently I tried to config Outlook 2003 to use the Lotus Connector that is built into Outlook2003 and it fails everytime. Outlook loads but then closes and says the connector failed. Anyone have any ideas? That connector that looks built in is leftover cruft from your Outlook 2002 isntall. Ignore that. You need to wait for the Outlook 2003 connector, which is supposedly in beta now. Until then, IMAP/LDAP is your buddy -- sans calendar, of course. Cheers. Sander wrote: > I use Outlook XP ...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Searching against disabled users using Advanced Find
I am trying to search for leads using Advanced Find where owner=disabled user. We need to reassign all of the leads owned by a terminated user to a new user. When selecting owner as a search parameter, disabled users do not show in the lookup. This is also the case when trying to search against the created by and modified by fields. Is this simply a limitation of advanced find or is there a selection option i am missing? If so, any workarounds anyone can think of other than temporarily enabling the user? Thanks in advance. Hi Try using the FilteredViews to build a report to show the l...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Text data
I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to calculate the number of times particular words/phrases appear in each column. I am very new to excel, so any help would be appreciated! =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"word") replace A1:A1000 with your range and word with the word you want to count -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excelbeginner" <excelbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE55CF40-F3B6-42F3-918F-D200690758F6@microsoft.com... >I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to > calculate the nu...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Please Help
We recently deployed to 55+ remote users using the SFO client. Most of them are running well. However one of our salesmen keeps having problems with Outlook loading up the CRM toolbar. He keeps getting "An error occured while installing the CRM toolbar" I have unisntalled and reinstalled teh crmaddin, I have reregistered the crmaddin dll, I have even uninstalled outlook and uninstalled SFO. Reinstalled both and applied the rollup patch. It seemed to work for a couple days. Now we are right back to "An error occured while installing the CRM toolbar" when we try...

Text boxes in e-mail newsletter
I want to send an e-mail newsletter in the body of an e-mail. When I e-mail the newsletter to myself or another person, the formatting looks fine, but if you click on any of the text, a text box outline appears around the text. How can I make it so that this box doesn't show up if someone clicks on the text? Even though you can click on any object of the email, they cannot be edited. I have no idea why this happens. If you save the email into a folder this phenomenon doesn't occur. A better solution would be to send your newsletter as a PDF. Publisher 2007? There is a *save as a...

Cannot e-mail an Access report using Excel
When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. It worked with 2003 but not with 2007. I searched everywhere for an answer but no solution. Does anyone know how to make this work? You are very much in the wrong newsgroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30B14FA1-EAAD-4032-9C21-50DB7E2CAB13@microsoft.com... > When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. > It worked with...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Dialog Bars and Edit Box
I'm MFC newbie using Visual C++ 6.0 with Windows Xp. I'm trying to add a dialog bar to my application. I have no problem with creating the dialog, and adding to the MainFrame window. That works just fine. My problem is assigning handlers to controls within the DialogBar. The code to achive so is: int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { .... if (!m_wndMyDialogBar.Create(this, CG_IDD_MYDIALOGBAR, CBRS_LEFT | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_HIDE_INPLACE, CG_ID_VIEW_MYDIALOGBAR)) { TRACE0("Failed to create dialog bar m_wndMyDialogBa...

Commandbar not getting added to inspector when word is used as editor
Hi, I have written a Com Add-in which adds a new Commandbar to the New Mai window. I am using the NewInspector event to place a Commandbar wit buttons on a new mail Inspector window , I.e. Whenever New Mail messag window is opened. I have created a new commandbar and aded a ne commandbutton on that newly created commandbar. Everything is working fine if i use HTML as mail editor. If i use wor as the default mail editor in outlook, then the commandbar is no getting added and also the buttons. Could someone please suggest me what i should do to add the commandbar to the word mail editor when ...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

text box filter by form
For some reason that I just can't explain, a text box on a form associated with a single primary key field behaves unexpectedly when I do a filter-by-form. Instead of listing all of the records from the source table as choices in combo box mode, I only see "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as choices. I have an older form from another database that behaves as I hoped this one would, yet there seems to be no property differences between the two text boxes. Can anybody explain what I'm missing please? Having "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as filt...

.CSV Text
i have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers in it. some of the numbers start with zero and must always start with zero. they are item numbers. i need to save the spreadsheet as .CSV. when i save it as a .CSV and open it back up the leading zero's are gone. i need them to stay there. i have tried formatting that column as text before saving and it did not keep the zero's. TIA...spence ...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

toolbars #3
Hello all, I am running O2K3 Pro and have several add-in toolbars (Goldmine Integrated Services for MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Linktivity Live meeting) loading with Outlook. My problem is that upon loading I rearrange my toolbars in a single row the way I want them to appear. Upon closing the application I thought the toolbars locations would be saved. Upon opening the application the next time I find that the toolbars are in the original pre-altered locations (in horozontal rows). Is there a way to lock the toolbars locations? Thanks in advance. No, add-in programmers do a p...

If condition with text
I need a formula for the following condition: If text equals (word) then enter 1, if text equal (word 2) then enter 0 This is the formula I tried to used but is not working =IF(OR(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",O2=""),0,1) Then I need another formula that works with the one above for the following condition: If (Cell A) equals 1 then ( cell B) must be greater than ( 0) and if ( Cell A ) equals 0 then nothing happens. I’m very new at Excel, I hope someone can help! Thanks, =IF(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",1, if(LEFT(O2,5)="P...