How to one cells variables as a serie to a column

I cant find the way out. I have a daily variable data in a single cell (say
in A1) ant I want to form a serie with using daily values of that cell.

(Variable)
Date             Value
21.12.2006    400

(Series)
01.12.2006    300
02.12.2006    350
20.12.2006    420
21.12.2006    400

0
noyau (4)

"noyau" wrote
> That is first step. Thnx a lot.

You're welcome. Glad it helped.

> Now the point is to do the same thing for a
> daily variable next to the date.
> The problem is that the second variable is
> not increasing or decreasing.
> Still working but no result.

Suggest you put the above in as a new posting, elaborating carefully how the
2nd "variable" in B1 is supposed to vary within the corresponding range in
B3:B33, in relation to the dates in A3:A33. As it stands here, based on
what's posted I've no guesses on the pattern.
--
Max
Singapore

0
demechanik (4694)
12/21/2006 2:11:02 PM
Hi, I was checking your samples (pack no "1_zp_56_Samples_Max_04Nov2005.zip")
and I end up with a possible solution to my question in "randomization lotto
program" where you freeze the draws. But I was enable to extract what is good
for me with my GREAT 2-days macro knowledge. Any help from this point of view.

"Max" wrote:

> "noyau" wrote
> > That is first step. Thnx a lot.
>
> You're welcome. Glad it helped.
>
> > Now the point is to do the same thing for a
> > daily variable next to the date.
> > The problem is that the second variable is
> > not increasing or decreasing.
> > Still working but no result.
>
> Suggest you put the above in as a new posting, elaborating carefully how the
> 2nd "variable" in B1 is supposed to vary within the corresponding range in
> B3:B33, in relation to the dates in A3:A33. As it stands here, based on
> what's posted I've no guesses on the pattern.
> --
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> ---

0
noyau (4)
12/22/2006 7:32:00 AM
Suggest you put in a new posting in excel.programming to gather responses
from those versed in vba. You could post the code used in the sample (It's
all documented in the Notes sheet in the sample), & explain what you would
like to do/make happen instead.
--
"noyau" <noyau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I was checking your samples (pack no
> "1_zp_56_Samples_Max_04Nov2005.zip")
> and I end up with a possible solution to my question in "randomization
> lotto
> program" where you freeze the draws. But I was unable [corrected] to
> extract what is good
> for me with my GREAT 2-days macro knowledge. Any help from this point of
> view.

0
demechanik (4694)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

Locking cells?
Greetings, I know this is probably a simple thing, but how do I lock or protect cells which I do not want the user to modify? For example, if I allow the user to enter data into cells A and B but C uses a function to calculate the result of A and B, I want to lock the result cell so they cannot accidentally enter data into C. How can I do this in Excel? Mike Cells can be locked or unlocked. Unless you've changed some settings, the default for each cell is locked. You can lock/unlock cells by: selecting the cells format|Cells|protection tab check locked or unlocked But the "...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

Cell Referencing #2
Hello All, If I have an excel spreadsheet open with two sheets. In Sheet1 in cell D2 is "Hello". In Sheet2 in cell F4 is the formula "=Sheet1!D2", so it also says "Hello". What I want is to have next to F4 in Sheet2 (in cell E4) a reference to which row in Sheet1 that the formula in F4 is referring to? Ie. Cell E4 should have the number 2 in it. Is this possible using the =INDIRECT function or something similar? With thanks Bruce Hi Bruce, use the formula =column(Sheet1!D2); Br, Dries. >-----Original Message----- >Hello All, > >If I...

Adding highlighted cells only -Excel 2000
Anyone know if there is a way to add only cells that are highlighted? I would like to see quick sums of only the cells I have highlighted and hoping there might be a way to do this quickly and easily. I have to do this many times with various cells with differing number values. Thanks in advance K By "highlighted" do you mean colored or simply selected? If the latter, use the Sum on the Status Bar. If the former..................... You will have to use VBA to grab the colorindex of the cells. Do you want to do that? See Chip Pearson's site for UDF's for working with co...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

How to select series in chart?

seperating data in an excel cell
I have inherited an excell database from which I need to seperate data in a cell. There are two names in the cell (First & Last and another First and Last). I need to extract the first (first and last name) and use it for a mailmerge as well as use the second name in the mail merge. The two names are seperated by a soft paragraph (return) marker. Is there a way to have excel seperate the two names into two seperate cells? I found this information from Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm Rick wrote: > > I have inherited an excell database from which...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

Moving in a column by first letter of data in cells
Hi to all , I have a large worksheet (only a few thousand rows...) which makes it really cumbersome to move/scroll. I want to move around in one column by the first letter of word to enter data in the other columns (The same way we scroll in contacts of mobile phone by their first letter). I have sorted it alphabetically but still it's slow to move/scroll due to some codes and pivottables present in my workbook which have made my workbook quite sizeable. Regards. Say your names are in column A and that column B is available. In B1 enter: =LEFT(A2,1) and copy down. If then then...

Printing sheets based on a cell value
I have a workbook of about 30 sheets; each sheet has a date in K4, the value of which varies from sheet to sheet. I'm hoping for a method to cycle through the workbook and print the pages for which K4 equals a specific date such as 12/31/09. I've tried to Name a 3-D selection (K4 on each sheet) without success. I have cycled through rows on a single sheet before but I don't know how to cycle through sheets and then look at 1 cell on each. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. -- - markvi Hi Mark See http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#every -- Rega...

Help! How do I multiply all selkected cells by 10%?
Looking to select a block of cell, an dmultiply them all by a given percentage (10%). Then, I'd like to replace the old cell values with these new higher values. Thanks! - Ken Hi try the following: - enter 0.1 in an empty cell and copy this cell (or if you want to increase the values by 10% enter 1.1) - select your 'old' data - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Multiply' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7A8EC5F6-84D1-45D6-85CE-2570D195849B@microsoft.com... > Looki...

Text cells, crosstabs? Drilling down?
I have a workbook with 100 identical format worksheets. Each worksheet is an educational course. There are 25 row labels down the left representing 25 different competencies we need to teach. There are about 12 column labels to indicate if the course helps teach the competency and how it is measured if it is taught (such as written exam, oral exam, lab practical, specific competency on patient care, etc.) The cells only have text data (many cells have no data whatsoever). Is there any way to take advantage of something like a crosstab for numerical data using excel? If excel c...

Ranking Multiple Columns
Here is an example of a report I run every month, What I do is once I get the Data Listed Below, I add in the 1-5, 6-12, & the 13+ columns, Then I Sort the Data by RESPAR then by DAYS, then I manually Count the Days 1-5 to get a Count of Days between 0 & 5 days, then the same for 6-12 days & 13+ days. I do this by putting a 1 in the First record row with a 0 then hold down the Ctrl KEy and dragging till I reach a day of 6, then start that column over, going to 13. I have about 2000 or more records every month. Is there a formula I can use that will do this for me, with out ...

how do I make a word typed in a cell go to a specific cell in anot
My proble is I have to use abbreviations in the cell Im writing in and then when ever that word is placed in a cell I want it to transfer to a specific cell in another sheet.Example: y11 would be placed in a cell in sheet 1 and it would transfer to a cell in sheet three that said yard1???? What is the correlation between an unknown abbreviation and a specific unspecified cell. Did you try recording a macro to get you started. If you can do the specific steps needed manually to do what you ask you can record a macro. Being able to describe what you want is usually half way toward a sol...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

How to move to next cell by entering data-not using Enter key.
I am using ms excel to enter data, 1 for Yes and 2 for No, for 30 items/questions listed successively in column A. The data is the tallied on another excel page. However, I would like to have the entr of 1 or 2 provide the jump to the next cell down ( each time1 or 2 i entered) rather than have to always press enter key to go to the nex cell. Any ideas how to proceed -- johnexce ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

Skip condition if cell is blank
I have 4 conditions 1) If Sheets("Details").Range("H" & lngRow) > Date - 90 And _ 2) Sheets("Details").Range("F" & lngRow) = Sheets("Search").Range("C2") And _ 3) Sheets("Details").Range("J" & lngRow) = Sheets("Search").Range("C4") And _ 4) Sheets("Details").Range("I" & lngRow) = Sheets("Search").Range("E4") Then if Sheets("Search").Range("E2") is blank then condition 1 should be skipped if Sheets("Sear...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

Merge column into a single cell
Hey, if anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated. Here is my problem: I am trying to merge the content of a large column into a single cell. I want the same results as when I use the combining formula (ex. =A1&A2&A3...) problem is that a formula can't be longer then something like 100 characters and Im trying to merge columns which contain a few hundred cells. I believe there are a few programs out there that do this (Excel Merge, Merge assistant) but I'm not willing to pay 30 dollars or such a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Adv...