How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?

Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total.

The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there
will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last
entry.

Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the
end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a
permanent, ongoing record.

The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet
reused for the new month.

:confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2
and have them remain there when I reuse the worksheet?

Many Thanks, JagBbeach.

--
JagBbeach
JagBbeach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32845

Copy and Paste as Values would work to help your problem.

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9955

How can I reverse the order of a column of numbers . . .
I want to turn a long column of numbers upsidedown so that the last entries become the first vice versa. >-----Original Message----- >I want to turn a long column of numbers upsidedown so that the last entries >become the first vice versa. >. > If they are consecutive order just select them and do data sort select descending or ascending. If they are not in consecutive order in the column next to it put consecutive numbers (ex.1..99 ) and select both areas and data sort on the column with the consecutive numbers. A reply is always nice to know that it worked for you. ...

exchange version 6.5 build 7226.6: service pack 1 delivers blank m
hi, we use exchange 2003 sp1(version 6.5 build 7226.6: service pack 1) and we have the following problem: - when some of our PDA users sends an e-mail - some of the exchange recipients that receive the e-mail as part of a group - can see no body for the e-mail - it is just blank; on the client side users user outlook 2003. Those are the headers of the two e-mails: Header of the e-mail taken from recipients mailbox - there is no e-mail body - empty/blank: ==================== Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="win...

paste values to last row
Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one row to the last row on a worksheet? I used column A to find the last row of the worksheet and I pasted under that last row. Dim NextRow as long dim RowToCopy as range set rowtocopy = activecell.entirerow with worksheets("somesheetnameHere") Nextrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row + 1 rowtocopy.copy _ destination:=.cells(nextrow,"A") end with patojo wrote: > > Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one > row to the last row on a works...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Row Number
I need hellp with a formula. In Cell E8 I need to write a formula that will search Column A rows 18 thru 32 and if it finds the date 09/16/2006 it will display the row number. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dianne You didn't say what result you want if the date is not present. One way... A1 = some date =IF(COUNTIF(A18:A32,A1),INDEX(ROW(A18:A32),MATCH(A1,A18:A32,0)),"") If the date isn't present the formula returns blank. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Dianne" <Dianne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Restart numbering ater a set number of rows
I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns. the first two columns contains numbers which will never change the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by 1 every 255 rows) the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row. Help Please!!!!!:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: I...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Set tab changes for entire columns
I have created a document with 4 columns. After the heading I changed the tab stops. Somehow the tabs keep changing. How can I set the tab stops at a line below the heading and make them stay the same through the rest of the document? Problem is I have already typed 2 pages of the document and want to reset the tabs to cover the beginning list columns to be unchanging through the rest of the document. "Gramma Susie" wrote: > I have created a document with 4 columns. After the heading I changed the tab > stops. Somehow the tabs keep changing. How can I set t...

Missing Entries on Budget Reports on 2004
My main objective in using MS Money is to track spending vs. budget. Have complete budget created and but monthly budget report leaves budget column blank for several entries, therefore overspent.. What is up with this??? ...

Rows to repeat up top, is greyed out?
Can anyone help to figure this out? I have used this feature in the past but for some reason whenever i try now the option is not available. thanks in advance.... -- Sincerely Bob anti spam-remove the first letter of my email to reply by email Hi! Are you using file>page setup > sheet? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com That can happen if you are in print preview and click the setup button, close the print preview and do file>page setup instead -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BobMack" <eelemental1998@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eu5qOQ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Rows inserted into a List will not sort properly
I have a spreadsheet that is sorted first by department, then by number. The departments are sorting OK, but within some of the departments, the numbers are not being sorted properly. This is happening in departments where some rows have been inserted into the spreadsheet and data has been entered. In those departments, after running the sort, the numbers of the inserted rows appear first, followed by the remaining numbers. I've tried reformatting the cells and Iv'e also tried copying the sheet and pasting it into a new file, both to no avail. Any ideas? Excel 2003, Window...

How do I change column into lines on a Line-Column chart?
I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any help would be useful. Thanks Hi Ken, Create a column chart based on all your data. Select the series that you want as line and right click it. Choose Chart Type and change it to Line. Now double click the new line so you can change the Axis value to secondary. Cheers Andy Ken wrote: > I want to create a chart with three columns and one line using two axis. Any > help would be useful. > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

links

open continuous form
How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than bottom? Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open form right from database window in a2003, opens form from top of recordset. thx! On Oct 31, 4:03 pm, nycdon <nyc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set continuous form to open showing top of recordset, rather than > bottom? > Switchboard manager opens to show empty new Add row, even when set to Open > in Edit mode. Can scroll up to top, but when open ...

Last known good configuration
Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as restoring a previous registry? b11_ wrote: > Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as > restoring a previous registry? Repeat query - see your previous query for responses. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Formula
I have 4 columns and would like a formula that would give me th percentage of column 4 to the lowest number in columns 1, 2 or 3. 24 16 8 4 What is the percentage betwee 8 & 4 28 22 40 17 What is the percentage between 22 and 17 If you are paying $8 now and new price is $4, what is the saving percentage. I think I said that right! Thanks for the help. Sam -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try something like: =D12/SMALL(A12:C12,1) and format the result as a percentage. -- Andy. "samilees >"...

Sales Return Quantities Entry in SOP: Returns
We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions? Thanks, Have you looked at inventory item transfer entries, using the "Quantity Type" button? You should be able to transfer ...

Links

email links in Publisher pdf