how to increase size of "name box" and "contents of cell " displa.

need to enlarge the size of the "name box" and Contents of cell" inorder to
edit without using "F2"
0
LIberty (2)

I don't quite understand what you want.  If the cell is too small try
changing the zoom on the standard toolbar or change the cell size
highlighting the rows and then format>row height>change the number in the pop
up box.

To edit a cell you can double click in it. If that is not working you need
to go to tools>options>edit tab and put a tick in the 'edit directly in cell'
box

hope this helps
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Stubby- LIBERTY" wrote:

> need to enlarge the size of the "name box" and Contents of cell" inorder to
> edit without using "F2"
0
John1063 (943)
2/22/2007 6:16:27 PM
Some options to explore ..

1. Try Chip's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm

2. From a Tom Ogilvy posting:

Robert Gelb wrote a program that allows you to resize
the namebox itself.

http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=Source/src_excel_namebox.htm
(Two versions--one for xl97 and one for xl2k and above.)

3. From a JKP posting:

If you use defined names a lot, consider downloading the Name manager (by
Jan Karel Pieterse, Charles Williams & Matthew Henson) from:

www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp

or from:

www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm
--
Max
Singapore
"Stubby- LIBERTY" wrote:
> need to enlarge the size of the "name box" and Contents of cell" inorder to
> edit without using "F2"
0
demechanik (4693)

how to increase size of "name box" and "contents of cell " displa.
need to enlarge the size of the "name box" and Contents of cell" inorder to edit without using "F2" I don't quite understand what you want. If the cell is too small try changing the zoom on the standard toolbar or change the cell size highlighting the rows and then format>row height>change the number in the pop up box. To edit a cell you can double click in it. If that is not working you need to go to tools>options>edit tab and put a tick in the 'edit directly in cell' box hope this helps -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000,...