how to fit my column unmoved eventhough i scroll down?

how to make like for example i have column 1 until column 20
when i right scroll to column 8, it start to move to right hand side, and my
first column can't see anymore.

I want to be even though i scroll, the first column is not moving one.. no
matter how i scroll, it can see the first column, how to set?
which option?
0
Zxing (1)

Hi
- move the cursor in cell B1
- goto 'windows - Freeze Panes

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Zxing" <Zxing@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> how to make like for example i have column 1 until column 20
> when i right scroll to column 8, it start to move to right hand side,
and my
> first column can't see anymore.
>
> I want to be even though i scroll, the first column is not moving
one.. no
> matter how i scroll, it can see the first column, how to set?
> which option?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Scatterplot with a best-fit line
How do i create one scatterplot with three separate data sets and a best-fit line to go with each set? Make an XY chart with the first set of X-Y values. Copy the second set of X-Y values, select the chart and use Edit menu > Paste Special, and add the data as a new series, categories in first column (row). Repeat for the third set of X-Y values. Add the trendline to each series by selecting the series, right clicking, and choosing Add Trendline. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "neally" <neall...

Columns Grouped
Can you please tell me if their is a way through code to determine what columns are grouped? I have a worksheet with filtered rows and grouped columns. I need to export only the filtered rows to a new workbook. I am doing this by first unhiding all the columns, then copying to new workbook. However I would like to be able to put the grouped columns back. Thanks ...

Combining two columns into one X-axis?
I have a sheet with three columns of numbers, I would like to plot: A Date B Time C Measured responsetime Example: Apr-9-08 15:06 624.0 Apr-9-08 15:05 656.0 Apr-9-08 15:04 623.0 Apr-9-08 15:03 889.0 Apr-9-08 15:02 873.0 Apr-9-08 15:01 702.0 Apr-9-08 15:00 749.0 .... How do I specify a graph, that uses columns A and B "combined" for the X-axis and column C for the Y-axis or values? Perhaps just a pointer or hint towards the concept or function to be used - then I can take it from there. -- Steen Suder If t...

need scroll bar on user added field
I added a field using the schema editor. It is a text field with 2000 characters. I want this field to have scroll bars but it just shows up as a single line. Is there a way to get scroll bars? Otherwise it's useless. Thanks. AW - If you can roll back to a backup of CRM from before the time you added the field, I'd recommend that you do it. - a 2000 character text field will take up almost a quarter of the total allowed user defined fields for a given table. - Some tables run out quicker than others (Contacts is notorious for having only room for a handful of user defined...

How do I rename columns in Excel 2003?
How do I rename columns in Excel 2003? Columns are either assigned letters: column A or numbers: column 1 You can make a meaningful name in two ways: 1. use the first row as a column header and put your names in there 2. assign a Defined Name to the column - this will allow you to used =SUM(costs) instead of =SUM(A:A) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200825 "chimala" wrote: > How do I rename columns in Excel 2003? What do you mean rename them? They are assigned column letters (or numbers if R1C1 style) by Excel. You could turn off column headings and put your preferred...

HELP
Hi, One of the columns in my excel has its content broken into lines. I guess each line within that column ends with a carrieage return and line feed. how can I replace these with say a "-" character? I was trying to use Find and Replace but don't know how to enter the CRLf character and if I use Alt 13 and / or Alt 10 (for cariage return and line feed) it wont fine these. Any help will be appreciated Dino has responded to his initial post. Dino Buljubasic wrote: > > Hi, > One of the columns in my excel has its content broken into lines. I > guess each line ...

delete columns if 0
i am using the following code to delete the complete row: Range("B:B").Select Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="0" On Error GoTo line1 With Sheet1.Range("b:b") Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete End With line1: what i need is to delete only columns a:g (not the entire row) if the value in column b = 0. any help is appreciated. jat Try some code like the following. Change the line Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") '<<< Change to appropriate sheet to the app...

How do I stop mouse from scrolling horizontal in Excel?
Mouse scroll wheel causes worksheet to scroll right and down or left and up. How do I get it to scroll vertical only? ...

Fitting characters to a grid
In Excel I will have a grid sized 36 x 36, and this grid is subdivided into 36 6 x 6 boxes. What I would like to do is auto fill the grid randomly with the characters A-Z and 0-9. However, in each row and in each column, each character will appear only once. In addition, each character will appear only once in each 6 x 6 box. Sort of like a giant Sudoku puzzle. Any idea how I could formulate this? Marcus WOW!!!:eek: You do not want much do you???:rolleyes: Just to be sure I understand. In row 1 (for example) you would have a-z then 0-9 (randomly distributed) in columns "A" ...

Bound columns
Hi, I Have a form with text box with 2 field - fDesc; aDesc. fdesc is the bound column and displays in the text box. But I also want to store aDesc in the table. How can I also have the second column bound? Don't do it! Access is a relational database. Unlike Excel, it is rarely necessary to store the same data (e.g. your [aDesc]) in more than one table (and there are some very good reasons NOT to do it). Use a query to join the tables to display [aDesc] for a given record. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "gatabrava" <gatabrava@discussions.microsof...

unhide all columns
the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M I need to show all the columns they are not protected I just dont know how to show/unhide them hi it's always a good idea to state what version excel you have perticularly now since the newer version of excel is so radically different. high light column h and m. (h through m?) 03 on the meun bar>format>columns>unhide 07 home tab>cells group>format>hide and unhide>unhide columns regards FSt1 "unhide all columns" wrote: > the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M > I need to show a...

Getting Scroll Bars in a text cell
I want to add a scroll bar into a cell that is a particular size (similar to the box I am typing this in). How do I do that in excel? I have tried adding scroll bars but it only deletes my text and adds a number in its place - depending on how many lines down I scroll. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think you'll be able to add a scrollbar to a cell that will scroll down within the cell. But maybe you could add a textbox from the control toolbox toolbar. Right click on it and select properties. Change multiline to true change enterkeybehavior to true and chang...

Best fit data from a best fit curve?
MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy with, and I now need to extract the corresponding actual best fit data from the curve for use in other software applications. Does someone know how? Hi, See Bernard's page, which also includes a link to Tushar's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm Cheers Andy Gigi wrote: > MS Excel 2003. I have followed the instructions to apply best fit curve to > my raw data points. I have a best fit curve that I am happy w...

how to fit a curve to
Hi there I need to draw a curve to best fit some point on a chart. is there an easy way to do this approach without going into deep programing ? thanks Have you looked at the Chart's Add Trendline facility? Right click the data on the chart and select Add trendline from the shortcut menu; on the dialog box pick the type of curve you need and specify if you want to see the equation. Come back with more questions, if needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "yosi_lb" <yosi_lb@bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:45c5...

More than 256 columns? #2
How do I get 1050 columns into Excel? Alternatively, which other tool can I use for this that is not too expensive? You don't. Excel is limited to 256 colums. Two alternatives: 1) Swing your table around, make the colum headings the row headings.... not a good suggestion at all though. 2) Get your data into Access... I guess you already have it. Then run your data analysis in Excel straight from the Access database.... much better. "65538" <65538@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C41D68C-CF17-4E48-90E4-9358FEF39967@microsoft.com... > How do I ge...

can i wrap rows to form multiple rows per row to fit on 1 sheet?
i have a worksheet with very long rows (a to cf). For printing i would like to wrap the rows to fit on a single page, and then seperate each set with a space. I would also like to wrap the headers too, of course. is this possible? Say you're creating 10 columns per new row. So it kind of looks like this: $A$1 $B$1 $C$1 $D$1 $E$1 $F$1 $G$1 $H$1 $I$1 $J$1 $K$1 $L$1 $M$1 $N$1 $O$1 $P$1 $Q$1 $R$1 $S$1 $T$1 $U$1 $V$1 $W$1 $X$1 $Y$1 $Z$1 $AA$1 $AB$1 $AC$1 $AD$1 $AE$1 $AF$1 $AG$1 $AH$1 $AI$1 $AJ$1 $AK$1 $AL$1 $AM$1 $AN$1 $AO$1 $AP$1 $AQ$1 $AR$1 $AS$1 $AT$1 $AU$1 $AV$1 $AW$1 $AX$1 $AY$1 $...

How to set a cell to expand to fit text in Excel not shrink fit
I'm not sure it this is doable but is it possible to set a cell so that it automatically displays all the text that is in there, expanding where necessary without manual changes. i don't want shrink to fit as I need to text to be of a certain size Wrapping text can be one way or install such an event sub: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 1 Then Columns(Target.Column).AutoFit End Sub This works on column A! Post if you need help to install it! -- Regards! Stefi „Elisal” ezt írta: > I'm not sure it ...

Combining data from columns into one.
I would like to be able to combine the data from three different columns into one column. I don't want a sum of the numbers though. Example: in column A is the #123, column B is 456, column c is 789. I would like to add one column that combines these numbers into 123456789. I am not well versed in excel and would appreciate any advice and suggestions. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ pos Assuming the 123,456,789 are in J4,K4,L4 =J4&K4&L4 will give you text 123456789 =(J4&K4&L4)*1 will give you the number 123456789 OR just enter the numbers =(1...

Defining Column Widths
Hi i need to define the column widths and heights of the excel worksheets in cm but it appears that the default measurement is not in cm so how can i go abt changing the default to be in Centimeters? Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated Thank you Alvin Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions your approximation can be off. If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm........... Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions. http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol Gord Dibben Excel MVP ...

stacked column question
I have the following data: A B C D E Jan 09 10 10 100 90 Feb 09 15 14 90 90 Mar 09 15 13 95 90 i want to create a stacked column chart where columns B and D are stacked together, and columns C and E are stacked along side the B/D column, for each month. How do I do that? ...

add up columns
What is the best way to add numbers in 10 columns Thanks Hi Ian! If they're all together: Example: =SUM(A1:J26) If they are not all together: Example: =SUM(A1:D26,F1:K26) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Ian" <finance@turnerleasing.com.au> wrote in message news:857BEF88-E8B1-4EF9-B89B-9E6A474A73F1@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to add numbers in 10 columns? > > Thanks ...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Can I combine a stacked and clustered column chart in Excel
I would like to have two columns on the same chart. One will be the amount of good parts produced by a machine. The other would be a stacked column of scrap parts produced by the machine. The scrap parts are seperated by certain defects, but I'd like to see their total compared to the total of good parts. a sort of sneaky way to do it is to set all of the data up with a blank cell between the machine data indicators. make a stacked chart of all of the data including the good parts. select the good part section and change the axis to secodary axis. then goto <chart><sourc...

Searching for partial data in a column
I am searching for partial data in column and want to return all possible queries. Example: Search item in cell B1 Find all items on a second sheet in column a1 that contain b1 from original sheet. Not looking for exact matches, in other words a1 contains "exchangers" and on the other sheet column a1 might contain "heat exchangers" or just "exchangers" I want to return not only "heat exchangers" or "exchangers" but also the info in the rest of the row. A1 B1 1 Item Location ...

Column Attributes
We have successfully reverse engineered an Entity Relationship Diagram into Visio. The tables are there with the column names but the column attributes are not showing up. What do we have to do to get the column attributes to show up??? Figured it out... Database ==> Options ==> Document ==> Table Tab...Data Types towards bottom...ensure the radio for Show Physical is checked. "wnfisba" wrote: > We have successfully reverse engineered an Entity Relationship Diagram into > Visio. The tables are there with the column names but the column attributes > are ...