how to filter list based on multiple criteria

Date          S/No     Name   Dept     R/No
26/07/09    01        ABC      M1       M001
26/07/09    02        DEF      S1        S001
26/07/09    03        GHI      A1         A001
27/07/09    04        DEF      S1        S001
27/07/09    05        ABC      M1       M001
27/07/09    06        GHI      A1        A002

I have a long list of records as shown above, how can I copy the list to
another range with records for "Name", "Dept" and "R/No" not duplicated and
showing the latest S/No. In other words, Record 1 and Record 2 should not
appear as it is duplicated in Record 5 and Record 4 respectively.

The new list should only shows:

Date          S/No     Name   Dept     R/No
26/07/09    03        GHI      A1         A001
27/07/09    04        DEF      S1        S001
27/07/09    05        ABC      M1       M001
27/07/09    06        GHI      A1        A002

Thanks for any help i can get.
0
JSBPL (1)

Here's one play which delivers the new list that you seek

Assume the source table you posted is in A1:E7
In G2:
=IF(COUNTA(C2:E2)<3,"",IF(SUMPRODUCT((C2:C$7=C2)*(D2:D$7=D2)*(E2:E$7=E2))>1,"",ROW()))
Leave G1 empty. This is the criteria col. It basically nails down your
definition of duplicates (from bottom-up).

In H2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)>COUNT($G:$G),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL($G:$G,ROWS($1:1))))
Copy H2 to L2. Select G2:L2, copy down to L7. Format col H as dates.
Minimize/hide col G. Cols H to L will return the outputs that you seek.

Success? Click the YES below.
--
Max
Singapore
"JSBPL" wrote:
> Date          S/No     Name   Dept     R/No
> 26/07/09    01        ABC      M1       M001
> 26/07/09    02        DEF      S1        S001
> 26/07/09    03        GHI      A1         A001
> 27/07/09    04        DEF      S1        S001
> 27/07/09    05        ABC      M1       M001
> 27/07/09    06        GHI      A1        A002
>
> I have a long list of records as shown above, how can I copy the list to
> another range with records for "Name", "Dept" and "R/No" not duplicated and
> showing the latest S/No. In other words, Record 1 and Record 2 should not
> appear as it is duplicated in Record 5 and Record 4 respectively.
>
> The new list should only shows:
>
> Date          S/No     Name   Dept     R/No
> 26/07/09    03        GHI      A1         A001
> 27/07/09    04        DEF      S1        S001
> 27/07/09    05        ABC      M1       M001
> 27/07/09    06        GHI      A1        A002
>
> Thanks for any help i can get.
0
demechanik (4694)

utilising drop down lists
i need help using excel's drop down lists. i've searched through the group but can't make sense of anything to be used in my case. i have different columns as different categories and the rows make up the data. i want to make it such that each header is a drop down list, which will be made up of the data under it. when i select that data, it will show the data. however, i want the headers to be a split window up top, and when i select a value, the value is shown in the bottom split. is this possible? hope i was clear. thanks for any help. I think data validation will be helpful h...

need help replying to multiple email messages
I sell things on the internet, and when I receive say 5 emails for prospective buyers, I would like to be able to highlight all five of those and repsond to all of them at the same time instead of having to cut and paste five addresses individually. this has to be possible - anybody know how to do it? ...

Managing list membership in GAL w/OWA Exchange 2003 SP2
Is it possible to manage distribution list membership for a list in the GAL with OWA on an Exchnage 2003 SP2 server? This would also have to work to on Firefox and not just IE as the user in question uses linux, which is why he isn't using Outlook to begin with. Thanks. P To my knowledge, the answer is no. However you could get a more definitive answer if you asked this in the Exchange group. Nikki "Paul" <pauldi@iona.com> wrote in message news:518acaad-ddf7-4416-8ac3-9a78bd5f167d@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... Is it possible to manage distribution list membership f...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Employee Filters

Image in Knowledge base
Hi, Is it possible to add an image in an article of the knowledge base? Thanks for your help I don't think this is possible. But, it is pretty easy to drop in a hyperlink to a picture on another server, or a local file, etc. When you publish the article, the hyperlink becomes active and will open another window with the picture. Not that great, but it does work. Good luck! Steve C. "B. Guillout" wrote: > Hi, > Is it possible to add an image in an article of the knowledge base? > Thanks for your help ...

drop-down lists #2
I am trying to search through a list that is 12 columns wide by 891 rows. Each row must stay together. The spreadsheet I have now has drop-downs on the top of the page, bu the drop-down lists do not include all the possible entries in eac column. It only contains approximately 1000 of the first alph-numeri entries. Is there a 1000 entry limit on drop-down lists? :confused: How can I get the drop-downs to include all data in the column? Thanks for any and all help on this.: -- prodrafte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prodrafter's Profile:...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Hyperlink base: What does it do?
Excel 2007 I've been reading some posts on the hyperlink base feature, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. What I would THINK it should is that, when you press Ctrl-k in a cell, the Address would automatically appear as your base and the Current Folder would open to the base folder, so you could set you more- specific hyperlinked location from there. But that's not what happens. Does the hyperlink base have any practical value when creating hyperlinks using Ctrl-k? Thanks. ...

clip art in list box
i want to insert clip art into a drop list instead of text One word...Can't. Which technically is two words but you still can't... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "mrmatt67" wrote: > i want to insert clip art into a drop list instead of text ...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

bcc list wont leave outbox
I am running Office xp with outlook 2003. I send a weekly email to a group. I convert a Word doc to email by send to recipients. I also have copied the information and pasted on new Outlook email. If I put the group in bcc, the email doesn't get out of outbox. If I put one name in bcc, it goes with no problem. I have played with it, turning NIS/AV off, etc, and still it hangs. Then for some reason, it goes. I cannot figure out why it is hanging or why it suddenly goes. Can any one help? Thanks. Bill Sterling. ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

mutli-select list box problem
The following code is my failed attempt to get the items picked in a multi-select List box to then appear in another form named "NameDetailForm". The NameDetailForm does open but does not show the items picked from the list box. I believe the end part of my code is flawed, but cannot figure out what it should correctly be. If there is better code for this purpose, I would appreciate seeing it. Private Sub Itemschosen_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varItem As Variant If Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each varItem In Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelec...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

Add Drive A to my Access Send To list
At predent the only place I can send my Access filr is to an email recipient. I want to Add Drive A so I can back up my work, Any suggestions please. TIA csmdave Send To is used to mail a copy of the current object (form, report, whatever). If you want to back up your work, exit Access and copy the .MDB file to drive A. Carl Rapson "csmdave" <csmdave@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:464585af$0$9973$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > At predent the only place I can send my Access filr is to an email > recipient. > I want to Add Drive A so I can back up my work, >...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Monthly Inventory List
I have a client using RMS, and the accountants would like them to print out an inventory list each month (simialr to the Item Vlaue List). Does anyone know how I can print one out for specific time periods like they are requesting? Unfortunately that would require the ability to have stored snap shots of the inventory for a specific date and time and the system does not store that kind of information. Nor is there really any way of getting a historical inventory report from the system by customizing a report. The only way is you have a backup of the software for that day. Restore the ...

Outlook Rules: when email comes into inbox want to place email address into contact list
Hi there, Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email address and add it to a specified contact list. Can this be done?? Thanks Steven <stevenpelham@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137031390.188120.152420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email > comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email > address and add it to a specified contact list. > > Can this be done?? So ...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...