How to count same numbers in a coluum #3

Thanks Dave for the PivotTable links.

Fran

--
FPA186
FPA1869's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1470

SOP Serial Number & AR Posting
Dear All, We are currently using GP 10.0 with SP3. We have a requirement wherein the customer demands that our invoices originating from the SOP module have to have their serial numbers agains the products. In short, is there a way to capture a nonsequence (010,050,090) type serial numbers against line items in SOP. Secondly, is there any possibility of preventing the posting of SOP Invoices to AR & GL. Basically, my requirement is that i need to deliver the products from a customer order to the customer and record the inventory part of it. Invoicing of the same trx will happen after a c...

5.5.3 Too many recipients
I have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. When I send a message to more than 196 recipents, I get the following Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients The following recipient(s) could not be reached . . The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients <exchange.domain.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients In Message Delivery Properties, under Defaults, Recipents is set to "No Limit" In Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties, Limit Number ...

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

XML Deserialization #3
Hi all Im building an object model so I can deserialize my incoming XML and Ive got a wee problem My incoming XML looks like this .... <Surnames> <Surname>Kelly</Surname> <AlternativeSurnames> <AlternativeSurname>Hill</AlternativeSurname> <AlternativeSurname>Bell</AlternativeSurname> </AlternativeSurnames> </Surnames> .... Have 3 classes - AlternativeSurname, AlternativeSurnamesCollection and Surnames. namespace PROMOD { using System; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Serialization; [Syste...

Counting words............
How can I give the total of how many times a word appears in a column? -- Smokey_Vol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Smokey_Vol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495182 have a look at =COUNTIF( -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Smokey_Vol" <Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

Tracking Number on SOP Invoice Form
I am trying to get the Tracking number that is entered in the Sales User Defined Fields Entry Window onto the SOP Long Invoice Form. Does anyone know what tables to create the relationship with? I know the SOP10107 table holds the tracking number into and I was able to get the table in the table list but i must have the incorrect relationship because nothing appears on the report when i add the tracking number. -- Thanks Knavas Hello Knavas, If you are on GP 7.5 SP2 or higher you can refer to KB article 874762. If you are on GP 7.5 SP1 or lower you can refer to KB 859212. Both art...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Count how many ROWS ago a new high was made
I need to count how many rows ago a new high was made in the last 6 days. In this case 2 days ago a new high was made. How to I get excel to count that number of rows ago without manually doing this? Guessing a bit of the data cells, but it would be something like =MATCH(MAX(A2:A20),A2:A20,0) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "rhhince" <rhhince@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1168725590.045657.70170@51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... >I need to count how many rows ago a new high was made in the last 6 > days. In this case 2 days ago a new hi...

Tab Names #3
Hi, I am looking for a code that can change the sheet tab name to correspond with a name in a given cell on the same worksheet Many thanks in advance John Hi John, VBA event code Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address(False, False) = "A1" Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard 'cod...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

forwarding emails #3
When I try to forward some html emails I get 'unspecified error'. This happens in Microsoft outlook 2003 sp2. The same email I can forward fine in Microsoft outlook 2003 sp1. Try this: Start - Run - type in "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without the quotes. Make sure Outlook (and other apps) is closed first. Tim "rchilambi" <rchilambi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCCFA074-9D06-4D84-AA24-C9C876951E2D@microsoft.com... > When I try to forward some html emails I get 'unspecified error'. This > happens in Microsoft outlook 2003 s...

FRx Help #3
I have a row calculation that I do not want to print in every one of my columns. Is there any way I can get it not to print in certain columns. It is a % calc that I do not want in my Variance columns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Barb In the row format you can dictate which columns your data shows up in. In column G in the row format is where you tell to print in the columns you dictate...example You want to print in columns a,b,c,d,e or use a to e "BK" wrote: > I have a row calculation that I do not want to print in every one of my > columns. Is t...

Sending large number of emails
Does anyone know of the restrictions and/or procedures using Outlook for sending a large number of emails-same message, large number of addressees, like 1000 or more. Thanks Outlook probably won't be the restriction here but your ISP. Contact them to verify that you are indeed allowed to send that many e-mails as once. When you are allowed to so you can either use the BCC field and put all the addresses in there or use a Mail Merge from within Word. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD...

Email Signatures #3
When I edit my email signature in Word I can insert tabs to format each line as I would like. However, as soon as I return to Outlook the tabs are removed from the signature and the text is no longer aligned correctly. Any ideas? Pat, Go to Tools > Options > Mail Format > Compose in this message format > Rich Text That should then hopefully keep the alignment as per design. -- Regards, Ash. ...

Division on a totaled number
I have a worksheet where I have a column that has number of participants to attend a class, a column that has the length of class and then a column that has a formula to multiply the number of participants times the length to get a total amount of time trained (example 15 people in a one hour class is a total of 15 hours). The column with the total amount I have auto summed so I get a total number of hours for a month. I want to know take that total for the month and divide it so I know how many minutes that breaks down to. I can not get any formula to come out right for me. I know ...

Outlook macro #3
Is it possible to write a macro that basically does this in Outlook? Right click on the Arranged By:, then click on custom, then click on Other Settings..., then change all the fonts from tahoma to verdana size 9 and then click ok. Is this possible at all? Thank you ...

cell validation #3
I have cracked the list in a cell using the cell validation. I have a list of around 30 which is a bit long and could be type in as quick as scroll to find it. Can I do something like this and if so, any pointers please :-) If in A1 I put room 1, can I have a validation from a certain named range (which will mean about 5-8 choices) to selected in B1 then in A4 I put room 2 then a different named range (which will mean about 4-7 choices) will be available in B4. and so on... Hope I explained that okish :-) Thanks in advance. For the Autocomplete question see Debra Dalgleish's site...

Macro recorder #3
Is there a way to control the macro recorder using VBA? I'm using Exce 2003 and the recorder doesn't have a pause feature (that I'm aware of) I would like to control the recorder i.e. pause it and insert comment as I record. If there are any 3rd party solutions that would accomplish this task, would be interested in knowing about them. TIA, Fossi -- Fossil_Roc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fossil_Rock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...

Dynamic Range #3
I'm sure this has been answered before but nothing I've read here has helped me. I had a chart in a workbook I made in Excel 2003. Worked fine until I "upgraded" to 2007. The chart gets its data from column K on another worksheet. In 2003, it was: Series Y Values: =Table!$K$4:$K$60000 This worked fine in 2003, but in 2007 it seems to be trying to calculate ALL those extra rows. I only put them in there to make sure all values got added to the chart as the number of rows with actual numbers changes (realistically it would never take up that many rows). 2003 ig...

CRM 3.0
Hello, Could we export security roles from a CRM 3.0 and use these roles on an other CRM 3.0 ? How can we do it ? Thanks WTCSO Afraid there is no support for this. Roles are BU specific and they have not provided an import/export tool for this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "WTCSO" <christophe.soyer(antispam)@free.fr> wrote in message news:e5bWF2iNGHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hello, Could we export security roles from a CRM 3.0 and use these roles on an other CRM 3.0 ? How can we do it ? Thanks WTCSO ...

Counting records
I have a report which is based on a query. One of the fields in the query is a based on a field in a table which is also used as a source for a combo box on a form. There are 4 values, lets say Val1, Val2,Val3 and Val4. In my report I want to count how many records have Val1, how many Val2 and so on. I assume I use the Count() function but how do I count the number of records that have each value of my field? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: >I have a report which is based on a query. One of the fields in the query is >a based on a field in a table which is also used as a sour...

Duplicate .pst files #3
How do I get rid of a extra .pst file for Microsoft Outlook 2000? My operating system is Microsoft Windows Professional 2000. My company does not have Microsoft Exchange. We use Novell as a server. Somehow I ended up with two .pst folders: The Outlook Today, and one that is named "Personal Folders". I can't close it the Personal Folders; if I try to close it, I get the error; "The operation failed, the object could not be found". It gives me the same message when I go into the personal properties, advanced section. I went into mail icon in the Contacts folder, but i...

What happened to the column number count in the status bar?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am new to using Office with a mac, and I have a lame question. I am using Word 2008. There used to be options as to what counts and tools you could put at the bottom of the window. Such as, word count, page number, column number etc. I don't see any options to customize the status bar. Am I missing something? It used to be as easy as right clicking (w/PC) and selecting which tool you wanted. How do I do this with my Mac??? Any help is appreciated. -B Yeah, evidently the guy/gal in charge of those features was out...

Comparing two numbers
I am trying to figure out how to compare two numbers (that are constantly changing in value) to see if they meet a particular ratio and then pick the smallest of that original number to be carried forward. I have tried nesting If statements but end up with "False" answers instead of 0 sometimes. This is the type of data I am tring to compare along with the conditions that must be met. Example 1. a. 166.00 b. 97.00 First condition: If B>=1/3A Second condition: If B meets first condition then B must be larger than C. Third condition If B meets second condition then C is ...