how to add drop box in a spreadsheet

I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no and
for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it will be
used as a data entry, How to add such a drop list to a cell in the
spreadsheet????.
0
work (14)

I believe it's under the "data" tab...
"Manat work" <Manat work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no
>and
> for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it will
> be
> used as a data entry, How to add such a drop list to a cell in the
> spreadsheet????.

0
crosem (24)
10/8/2004 2:36:46 AM
You can use Data Validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and
here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a little less, but still slightly sensible, but WTF is up with IE8? I can't figure what possible criteria it could be using to populate the drop down. Some items that I frequently type in never show up, and some that I type just once jump right in. Any ideas on how to get some addresses you use frequently to show up in the drop down? Windows Search! >WT< "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:aam2q5ps2hsi6oqankrcgnpkvt7jipdbt6@4ax.com... > OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Company not login drop-list
After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the company will NOT appear in any of the "Company" drop lists when logging in. I know there is some problem with XP and service packs but this is happening on our 2003 server. Also (assuming I get the above problem resolved) how can I copy a chart of accounts from one company to another? Any help is much appreciated. In article <62546DC0-A2BF-432B-9942-68225EF929F2@microsoft.com>, DavidHaber@discussions.microsoft.com says... > After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the compan...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Trouble with drop down box on pivotchart.
I have made a pivotchart with "time" as a field on the x-axis. When I click the drop down box for "Time" I have 1440 minutes for all the minutes in a day. I would like to keep the by-minute generation data, but when I click the "Time" drop down box I would like to be a vle to select 1 hour or 60 minutes at a time so I do not have to select all 60 minutes one at a time. Is there any way to solve this issue? ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

Combo Box autopopulate two fields in Form
I want my combo box to autopopulate two fields in form. Is that possible? Sure! Set up your combobox using the wizard and include the fields you need, from Left-to-Right. If in the Combobox they appear as Field1 Field2 Field3 then the code would be Private Sub YourComboBoxName_AfterUpdate() Me.txtField1 = Me.YourComboBoxName.Column(0) Me.txtField2 = Me.YourComboBoxName.Column(1) Me.txtField3= Me.YourComboBoxName.Column(2) End Sub Notice that the column index is zero based. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based ...

How best to build this spreadsheet
Hello, I teach teenage boys computer basics and am currently going over Excel with them. I came across something which I am sure is inefficient the way I explained it. I would like to know the best way to build a spreadsheet for the following scenario :- Suppose you run a sandwich business and wanted to do a "what if" analysis. This would be to see what effect varying the cost of various components (ie bits that are used to make the sandwiches) would have on the profits. The way I set it up was to have the components listed at the top, with their prices. So, column A (first...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

choosing from drop down lists easily
I have several lists that appear as a result of selections from other list through data validation. Is there a way to go right to say ..all the words that begin with "s" by selecting "s" on the keyboard then toggling thru just the "s's"to make your choose after activating the proper drop down list. Is there a function formula or do I need VBA. I get so tired of scolling thru long lists of data. Thanks in advance This is not a feature in Excel, but in Access. No... <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-&g...