How Outlining w/o numbers possible?

I received a file wherein there are no numbers, but still it is outlined,
upto 8 levels. There are just 3 columns, 2nd col. has no header and as a
sample I give the first few rows' data:
      <ProductCatalog>  ProductCatalog
           <CatalogHeader> 1..1 ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader
                <CatalogID>(xsd:string) 1..1
ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogID
                <CatalogDate>(xsd:dateTime) 0..1
ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogDate
                <CatalogProvider> 1..1
ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogProvider
                     <Party> 0..1
ProductCatalog/CatalogHeader/CatalogProvider/Party

Can someone tell me how its been done? Thanks

0
padhye.m (42)

Trying to synch w/ my live.com account
I am receiving error message: Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 after going to this address http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry and putting in the suggestions there. It does not give me an option to choose a (Port... ). Help? -Angie In Windows Mail go to to Tools, Accounts, select that account, = Properties, Advanced. ...

Outlining
We are trying to import an outline, usually two levels, with an occasional third. The original is either WordPerfect X3 or MSWord 2003. These two program produce outlines differently. WPX3 is superior by the way. But I digress. We want to bring that outline into Publisher 2007. We get the text but no numbers. We used Publisher 2000 and got the numbers until we updated to WPX3 and Word 2003. Once we made those changes no numbers. I have tried to import text. I have tried copy text. And I have tried creating an outline from scratch and cannot get two level outlines. Is such a...

Outlines of Pie Charts
I am working with pie charts in Excel and cannot seem to get the line/edge of the pie smooth. The line looks wavy - is there any way that I can get this to look smooth? ...

Recommendations on number of items in PST and OST
I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a PST and OST? I am currently running MS Outlook 2003. Thanks I know that there is a limit to the number of items in a single folder in a pst file...it was around 16,000...actually had a user run into it once, and that folder was no longer accessible... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Hasher" <Hasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2864AF80-FD7A-4578-8A80-AB2A32E75993@microsoft.com... > I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a > PST and OST? > &g...

Change positive number to negative number
Hi, I've searched this board and have tried a few things, no luck yet. I have about 100 rows, in columns A and B there is descriptive text. In column C it is either blank or it contains the text "CR". In column D there is a value (number with 2 decimal places). Column E is blank and available to use for the formula. If there is "CR" in column C, then the value in Column D must be displayed as a negative number. If "CR" doesn't exist then the number should be left positive. How can I do this? I've been working with the ABS and I...

Outline
I have a sheet with NO calculations. I would like to manually outline (I am new at this feature) so repetitive data collapses. Let's say my data looks like this: Acme Co. North Acme Co. North Acme Co. South Badge Corp. Badge Corp. Chicago Loop Chicago Loop I want it to collapse to show only unique names, like below. +Acme Co. North Acme Co. South +Badge Corp. +Chicago Loop When I manually outline each group, they all combine to one big group. Any hints? How about using the subtotal feature from the data menu? Just select "count" of "co. name" or whatever. >...

Trouble formatting page numbers
I have a document that uses a 2 page master, both pages have a page number centered in the footer. When I switch from the Master to the publication pages, the page number moves over to the outer margin of the page...I hae tried deleting the footer and re-insterting, copying from a file that the footer is centered correctly, etc... nothing seems to work for long. Any ideas? Thank you! Tanya You can move the page number text box anywhere on the Master Page, format it right, left or center. It behaves the same as any text box. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tanya" ...

Saving custom number format
1) I am trying to save a custom number format for e.g. ###,###,000.000 But when I open a new file this format is not available. Why doesn't it gets saved? (excel 2002) 2) My home computer has recently been upgraded to the latest version of excel. But I used to hit Alt + F and then C to close a file in earlier versions. This no longer works! I have to hit Enter key after pressing the "C". Is it a bug? or am I missing something? Shantanu Oak Custom formats are saved with the workbook. To have these available for all new workbooks, save a blank workbook with the custom formatti...

Formatting cells for phone numbers
Hey, im looking to format a number of cells into a phone number format I have a rather large excel spreadsheet of around 900 phone numbers they are currently in different formats such as: 0870 8888888 +44 0800 7777777 +800 (900) 666666 0980 888888 These are obviously just example numbers and not real ones, as you ca see they are all over the place and in the wrong format that i nee them in. Changing them all manually would take me forever so ive trie to create a custom formatting rule to have them represented like this: +44 (800) 888888 So basically they must all begin with +44 then the n...

Exchange 2003 w/ MAPI over port 80
I run an exchange 2000 server for my company in a native windows 2000 environment. I have wanted to try Exchange 2003 using MAPI over port 80 for some time now... but I had a friend who told me that in order to upgrade to Exchange 2k3, I have to upgrade my ENTIRE network from Windows 2000 to 2003. My company currently has licenses for Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, and Exchange 2000. There is no way they would go for an entire network/server upgrade due to the cost involved for one feature in Exchange. Is it possible to run Exchange 2003 on 2000 Server? If not, is it possible to run ...

Checking cell for Number
I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free. can this be done with a if statement? Thanks Try... =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$200,B1),"Used","Free") If you have a list of numbers in Column B that you'd like to check, enter the above formula in C1, and copy and paste the formula to your other cells in Column C. Hope this helps! In article <E5CA9196-6FCF-492C-B488-1B7E431720CF@microsoft.com>, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have abou...

Change paper size w/ WinXP
I recently updated to Win XP. In Excel 2000, I just noticed that when I do page setup, the paper size can't be selected. It is grayed out. I'd still guess that printer driver. Don wrote: > > I recently updated to Win XP. In Excel 2000, I just > noticed that when I do page setup, the paper size can't be > selected. It is grayed out. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Reading Numbers in Words
I need a formulae that can read figures in a specific cell e.g 123 and change them into words (One Hundred Twenty Three) -- tarig Tarig, have a look here, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:433865C1-7417-4CAB-B582-7A0B2B3E1620@microsoft.com... >I need a formulae that can read figures ...

ReAssign an account shares the account with the existing and new o
I have noticed that when an account is reassigned from one owner to another, it establishes a share between each of these parties. Is there a way of turning this option off. Thanks Kim Cannon Afraid not. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:39:03 -0800, "Kim Cannon" <KimCannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have noticed that when an account is reassigned from one owner to another, it establishes a share between each of these parties. Is there a way of turning this o...

VBA : get number of rows in a spreadsheet
Is there any way in VBA that I can find the number of rows used on a spreadsheet (the active worksheet)? The reason I need this is because I am trying to add some extra lines to a sheet (and move the following rows down the sheet). Cheers Bill Dallas Bill, Dim myRow As Long myRow = Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row The above will often report more rows than those actually used, so often it is better to check a specific column for the last entry: myRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Bill Dallas" <bill.dallas@gb....

General numbers lookup from FY-PP-WK-D resulting in MM-DD-YY
I have 8 numbers in general format in the J column of the main! sheet: 20100416 20100527 20100427 20100513 20100414 These numbers represent dates as follows: YYYY ( Fiscal year)-Pay Period ( 01 thru 26)-(week of pay period, either 1 or 2), and day of week; 1=sat, 2=sun,3=Mon,4=Tue,5=Wed,6=Thu & 7 = Fri. The first number 2010 04 1 6 would indicate Fiscal year 2010, PP 04, week 1, day 6. I also have another sheet (table!) with first 7 of the 8 numbers that indicates the first day of the week based on the 042, 051, 052, etc, such a...

Outline format disappeared
I am no longer getting the hierarchical tree structure of messages on this forum. They are all listed one after another in date order. Can anyone suggest how to get it back? "Nicholas Geti" <ngeti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4ba0e9dc$0$22518$607ed4bc@cv.net... >I am no longer getting the hierarchical tree structure of messages on this >forum. They are all listed one after another in date order. Can anyone >suggest how to get it back? > It would have made things a lot easier if you had told us how you're accessing this newsgroup...

Email messages and pics are outlined and in box form
How do I change my Email Messages that I receive that appear outlined in box form? They are inside a box and it is a mess. Thanks debull@gmail.com You haven't provided any details. Any answers you get at this point will simply be guesses. Please advise the following: Version of Outlook Type of mail account Default format O/S Any error messages? What do they say? Has it always been like this, or is this new? Does this behaviour continue if you open Outlook in safe mode? If you use Vista or Windows 7 follow this instruction: Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe...

How do I change column labels from numbers to letters?
I'm using Office 2003. Excel column labels used to be letters A-B-C etc, but somehow got changed so both rows & columns have number labels. I would like to go back to letters for column names, but haven't been able to find out how to make the switch. Gregg, tools, options, general, uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Gregg Hillyer" <Gregg Hillyer@discussions.micros...

Setting week numbers
I would like to set week numbers on a programme from a specific date of my choosing rather than project start or end or from fiscal or calendar year dates. Is this possible -- GDD As far as I know, there is no way to change how the week numbers are computed. However, what you could do is implement your own algorithm for computing week number based on date using one of the custom number fields. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 04/06/10 08:30, Gary D wrote: > I would like to set week numbers on a programme from a specific date of my > choosing rather than proje...

Create an outline
Hi, I try to create an group & outline and I expecting some little problems. 1) I select 5 rows before a subtotal 2) I select Data, Group and outline, Group 3) At the left, I see the - 4) I clik on the - and the pop up appear - CANNOT SHIFT OBJECTS OFF SHEET- What I'm doing wrong with this? Thank for your help Hepta TIME, is, the greatest thief of the world...... begin 666 Hepta.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DAE<'1A#0I&3CI(97!T80T* M3DE#2TY!344Z2&5P=&$-"E)%5CHR,# T,#0Q,U0Q.# R,39:#0I%3D0Z5D-! $4D0-"@`` ` end I could do it ok i...

How do i number a template so that it will increase 1,2,3 etc?
Like the date. so every time i open a new one the numbers will increase eg: 1 2 3 Dreamworks, have a look here, http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html and if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dreamworks" <Dreamworks@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

detailed sales report should show check number
My customer would like to be able to see tender type along with the check number beside check tendered transactions on the detailed sales report. If not allowed here, possibly on the tender types report but they would need to be able to see the transaction number and at least customer account number displayed alongside. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Help w/minor change- Outlook 2000
I'd like to make a minor change.. using Outlook 2000, Workgroup setting, and Windows XP... When checking for mail, 2 dialog windows pop up- one for each of the mail boxes it checks.. 'checking for mail'.. is there a way to set it up to have a small dialog box, as Internet only has on the lower right corner? Also, when it does find new email, another dialog box pops up 'Do you want read new mail'?... Is there a way to disable that as well.. a small envelope in the tray is sufficient.. Thank you! -- B'Regards, Vinnie I do not have an answer to your first questi...

How to return a number instead of true/false with an if function?
Please help =IF(your condition,1,2) eg =IF(A1=B1,1,2) will return a 1 if TRUE, and a 2 if FALSE -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "charles" wrote: > Please help Always elaborate on your issue in the message area (that big white space). The subject line's just that, meant to be brief keynotes on your issue. It's NOT your query. Elaborate by posting your formula or your formula attempts and by describing details of what you have (your sheet set-up, sample data) and what you want to do/happen Anyway, here's 2 simple IF examples to groove you in its use ...