how do you make a summary page showing the workbook name with the excel sheet names

How do you make a summary page which would have the bookbook name as the
folder and the excel sheets listed under, so that when you look up your
file you get the folder (workbook name) and then the sheets are under
and you can click on any to open.

--
carole
carole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34643

I have home-made XLA that should help: http://cjoint.com/?fwqZQdNgus
It is not protected: you can view & edit the code and the userform

To have tabs alpha ordered, right click on arrows left of tabs list, and
select "Sort tabs"

To select a sheet:
Right-click on a cell and select "Select sheet"
You can type the beginning of the name: it will select corresponding entry
of the list.
To validate: press Enter or double-click on a name
To cancel: press Escape

HTH
--
AP

"carole" <carole.287vrd_1148314810.1609@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans
le message de news: carole.287vrd_1148314810.1609@excelforum-nospam.com...

> How do you make a summary page which would have the bookbook name as the
> folder and the excel sheets listed under, so that when you look up your
> file you get the folder (workbook name) and then the sheets are under
> and you can click on any to open.
>

> --
> carole
> carole's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34643
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544354

0
ardus.petus (319)

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Website Author Name Details in FP 2003
Hi, Can one insert/change the FrontPage Website Author name in a FP file? Like one can insert the Author name in MS Word (i.e. File, Properties, Author..)??? Thanks. Michael Hutch No FP does not support that because it uses the FP site credentials for managing the "author" -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Michael Hutch" <MichaelHutch@discussions.microsoft.com...

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Make Default

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

OWA only accessible via internet with exteral ip address, not with internet domain name
OWA only accessible via internet with exteral ip address, not with internet domain name. Computers in the network can use the internet domain name and access OWA, but outside the local network (on internet) computers get "cannot find server or dns error". Can someone please help me out? Hi, You have created an A record (like webmail) pointing to the external IP address of the exchange server so that the users can type webmail.domain.com? Leif "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1160773241.988293.84780@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > OWA on...

Excel 2002
ok well I got 1 thing conquored only to run into something else abou Formulas and substituion variables. my question is this I want to change all the occurances of pieces of the formul COUNTIF('PATHVALUE[NEW_Transfer_LOG_CLOSED.xls]Octobe 2003'!$F$26:$F$197,"OPD FDR") with COUNTIF('PATHVALUE[MMMM_YYYY_ts.xls]SHEETNAMEVALUE'!$F$26:$F$197,"OP FDR") I am encountering the following message: The Formula contains an Invalid External Reference to a woorksheet. I want to force this because what I am trying to do is change the 30 plus formulas to be automa...

Inventory Reports Sales Summary
Hello, I setup a new company and sold some items. The SOP line items are in the SOP30300 table. When I go to Inventory>Reports Sales Summary and view all items nothing shows. Shouldn't this report show the sales summary of the items as the title suggests? Thanks JPP ...

Remove Manual Page Break
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003. Excel Help indicates that you can "remove a page break by dragging the page break outside of the page break preview area." When I click on the page break solid blue line, I can only move it up or down. I cannot move it "outside the page break preview area." I know that I can right click in a cell below the page break and choose to "remove the page break." However, I am intrigued by the dragging option described in the help section. Is this help information indicating I should be able to drag the page break line out...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Chart on a different sheet
I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart: A1 A8 A15 A22 etc I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such yo shhet 6 =Sheet2!:a1 =sheet2!a8 etc etc Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is becoming very long. Thanks In Sheet6, Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2: =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6) Copy B2 down as far as required. B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1 B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8 and so on -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "pcor" wrote: >...

making tickets

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

Change inbox name!!
Hello, I have found a syncornization tool the only problem is that i am working with two different languages so "Inbox" -> "Postvak IN" so when is syncronze i get an extra folder instead it syncs Inbox with Postvak IN. Is there any way i can change the name of the "Postvak IN" to "Inbox" that would solve the problem i think Thanks in advance G -- Hooters hooters jum jum jum, hooters hooters on a girls that's dumb ------------------------------------------ Al Bundy You can use the following tool for that; http://www.slipstick.com/files/ff...

Reversing name values in a field
Hi, I have a field called CustomerName that has values that are last name, first name. So there is a value of Smith, John which is John Smith. I want to preserve the value in this field but create a new field called CustomerName1 that has John Smith in it. It would need to somehow reverse the values based on the comma delimeter and then get rid of the comma. Can someone help? Thanks, -- Chuck W LN = Left$(CustomerName, InStr(CustomerName, ",") - 1) FN = Right$(CustomerName, Len(CustomerName) - InStr(CustomerName, ",")) -Dorian "ChuckW" wrote:...

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

Msn not showing emoticons
I checked the box in the customisation window, i checked it so i can see emoticons, but yet i still cant. i tried restarting the computer, but it still didnt work. Anyone help? Greetings, What exactly are you seeing instead? For instance, are you seeing the textual equivalent, like :)? Or are you getting a blank white area or what? Additionally, are these custom emoticons or the built-in ones? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jona...

Save workbook as a Text file
Hi, I have recorded a macro to store an Excel workbook as a .* txt file. The result from the macro-recorder is mentioned below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ActiveWorkbook. SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\map1.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlTextMSDOS, CreateBackup:=False --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I carry out above action manually the text is taken over exactly the same as in the workbook, however if I carry out the action by using the above a macro, some data with "quotations ma...

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...