How do you fix a cell number in excel for mac

Hello,
How can i fix a cell in excel for mac. I am a PC user and i allways used the
F4 key, but i cant find it for excel for mac.
--
Muchas Gracias, Martin
0

From Mac XL Help ("Keyboard Shortcuts" topic):

 CMD-T      Toggle the formula reference style between absolute,
            relative, and mixed.

In article <9FE8FA7E-D0C1-42D4-900E-6B902466F999@microsoft.com>,
 Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> How can i fix a cell in excel for mac. I am a PC user and i allways used the
> F4 key, but i cant find it for excel for mac.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Best way to format a flat file that Excel will load properly?
I'm generating a flat file in Outlook VBA. Right now I'm able to save it as a ..txt file, although I hope to save it in a delimited flat file format with an ..xls extension so it will automatically be opened by excel without having to go through the whole 'import' sequence. There are string fields in the file, some of which contain commas- so I can't make it a comma delimited file. What is the best delimiter to use so that Excel will automatically recognize and parse the flat file contents across columns? Currently in 2003, but strongly prefer solutions ...

Port number
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C51EC9.F5678870 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my frineds is able to use the Microsoft Office Outlook Live fine = from his house. When he goes to his office and accesses it, he is = getting an error message 0x80040126 while trying to send and receive = emails in MOOL. The only reason why this could happen that i can think = of is the firewall. Is there any other reason why this could not work = fine? Is there somebody here who knows about the...

Subtract two numbers
hi I have a stock table with fields like qty rcvd, allocated and left. i want to put in a java script which says left = rcvd - allocated. these fields are type int in the crm entity. below is what i have but doenst work. can someone please help var QR = crmForm.all.new_quantityreceived.DataValue; var A = crmForm.all.new_allocated.Datavalue; var QL = crmForm.all.new_quantityleft.DataValue; if (crmForm.all.new_quantityreceived.DataValue !=null) { QL = QR - A; } regards and thanks in advance ridhima 1. Typo: var A = crmForm.all.new_allocated.Datavalue; This should be: var A = crmForm.a...

Read text as a cell for a formula
I have two formulas in two cells, one spitting out a value for a colum (A) and the other a value for a row (2). In the a third cell I'm addin the letter and number together to create a cell address (A2). I want t use this information in a fourth cell for a formula (=A2*$B$10). But, how do I get Excel to recognize the text "A2" as a value for cell and then add A2 (or whatever the third cell may be) in to formula? Any help? Thanks, Nat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nate try =INDIRECT(A4)*$B$10 where A4 stores your cell reference as text, e.g. 'A2&...

Excel macros not functioning in different geographies
I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses 3 macros to process data that is sent to me in a separate .csv file. Now, a colleague in Argentina is trying to run the first macro (which opens the .csv file and copies the data into the current spreadsheet) but she keeps getting an error. It's clear that her version of Excel is functioning differently than mine. Can anything be done so that her Excel behaves the same as mine (I'm in the US)? Could anybody offer other suggestions so that when the first macro opens the .csv file the data will be properly populated into multiple columns, i...

Excel charting #3
Hello experts, I am new to the group and wonder if you can help me with this problem. Here is a sample of data I want to plot chart with. A B C (Y axis) Series 1 12 4 33% Series 2 5 2 40% Series 3 10 1 10% Series 1,2,3 will be my X axis and they are categories. As you can see, column C is the percentage of B over A. In the chart, I want to show Column A and B, but I want to label B as percentages instead of numbers. Is there anyway to do that? Thanks so much for your assistance. learntoexcel Make the...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Problem with updating links in Excel 2003
Five spreadsheets, collective size around 150 MB. Knee deep in formulas, functions and figures. All five workbooks are linked to each other, thus it is necessary to open them all at one time. Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. Each time the fifth sheet is opened, you receive the following error: "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other apps." ...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Automatic resizing of cell
I use Excel for my job. When I enter a long text sentence into a cell that is larger than the cell, it gets covered up because the text wrapping is on. I want the sentence to wrap around to the next line, but Excel doesn't automatically adjust the size of the cell when it sees that the text is longer. I end up printing out my work and only half of the sentence is there. I can resize it myself, but I want Excel to resize it when it sees that it's covering it. I can't see why anyone would actually WANT Excel to cover it up. Which version of Excel are you using. I'm u...

Page Numbers in Cells
This is what I am doing.... I have a monthly document (identical in appearance but not content) which can expand or shrink dependant on the number of items which are added to it. The top section is printed on each page and one of the cells needs to state the page number… ie Page 1 of 2 etc. Is there a formula that can be put in the cell that registers the printed page number? Dave Why not put the page number in the header or footer. Got to Page Setup and the Header/Footer Tab. Select the pull down menu for header or footer and page # is an option. "DC appleyards" <...

How can I insert a carriage return and line feed into a cell ?
I am trying to display a statistic with its t_stat in the same cell, one over the other. Try pressing Alt+Enter or Format the cell to wrap from Format|Cells tj "gpm" wrote: > I am trying to display a statistic with its t_stat in the same cell, one over > the other. In a concatenation you can use ="line one" & char(10) & "line two" & char(10) & "line three" You will have to turn on cell wrap for such cells Format, cells, aligment, cell wrap Failure to turn on cell wrap will show the square printer's bullets asso...

can Excel randomly sort numbers
I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in Excel or any office application? "gasmith" <gasmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A905226-47EA-4EE3-BADE-E22A58A1C15E@microsoft.com... > I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in > Excel or any office application? Yes. Assuming that your numbers are in column A, insert =Random() in column B. Drag this function downwads so that you have as many calls to Random as you have numbers to sort randomly. Select columns A and B Select Tools|Sort and sor...

sum column based on single cell match?
This seems so simple and yet the solution eludes me... In row 2 I want Excel to match a cell's contents (ex: find 3200). Once finding the column that matches, I want it to sum rows 3:94. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Something like this: =SUM(INDEX(A3:G94,,MATCH(3200,A2:G2,0)) In this example, you have columns A-G for your data. -- Best Regards, Luke M "adodson" <adodson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7C768FE-2ED0-4FB4-881E-CDC9C7CE75DB@microsoft.com... > This seems so simple and yet the solution eludes me... ...

Excel #71
How do you cacculate the number of people working on a schedule at hourly intervals: 9-10 2 people, 10-11 3people, etc. I have made a scheduling worksheet which calculates how many hours a person is scheduled for. I want to go a bit further to calculate the number of people working at hourly intervals. Can anyone show me a way? I appreciate your help and thank you for your time Hi you may provide some more details about your spreadsheet layout (e.g. post in plain text some example rows of your data) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Malomar wrote: > How do you cacculate the numb...

Learning VB for Excel
I am brand new to this group and could really use some advice. I consider myself to be about an intermediate level Excel 2003 user (that's the only version the company I work for uses). I have no programming experience. I've been told that I need to understand enough Visual Basic to enhance some of our Excel reports later this year- not exactly sure what means yet. Since I'll have to learn this on my own, I sure could use some advice about books or online resources to help me over the next 2-3 months. Unfortunately, I'll have more time than money to do this. I can affo...

How do I add a base to a graph in Excel?
Most ghraphs need to show the base. Is there a simple way to add that in or do I need to create a text box each time. And why do those inserted text boxes sometimes not copy across with the rest of the graph? Hi, You can use the x or y axis titles if not already being used. Make sure the chart is active when adding textboxes other wise the textbox will not be embedded within the chart object. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Monitor01" <Monitor01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8712C653-9D73-4CEF-BE41-66680AC4...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

2005 Excel User Conference #2
Just a reminder about the 2005 Excel User Conference. Details can be found at: http://www.exceluserconference.com/ The conference will take place on Friday, September 16, 2005 - Saturday, September 17, 2005 and will be held at Stockyards Hotel Fort Worth, Texas USA. Mark your calendars and make plans to attend. This will be your opportunity to meet some of the regular posters and learn from some of the "masters". Don't miss out!! Everyone is welcome to help spread the word about this event. Messages posted in other forums in which you participate would be appreciated. We would...

short cut for excel.
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. cclai, Use Alt + PageUp / PageDown to do "horizontal pageup / pagedown" For keyboard shortcuts, simply search Excel's help for "shortcut". -- Ture Magnusson Microsoft MVP - Excel Karlstad, Sweden "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eV%23gW9PqDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontall...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Copy Only Visible Cell
Hi Everyone, Is it posible to copy a block of cels with combined hidden collumn and row to another sheet or cells without those hidden field to be copied ? When i try to copy this kind of cells to another sheets/cells, excel copy all cells including the hidden cells. I just want to copy cels that is visible not including those hidden cells, Is there a way around this ? Thanks in Advance Hi Robert, Select the desired range. Click Edit - Go To. Click Special then select Visible Cells Only then OK. Copy the selected range. David In article <1125983768.158532.315240@g44g2000cwa.goog...

Aligning Two Lists in Excel
I hope someone can help. I would like to take two long lists of data records in excel, and align them wherever they match. The problem I have is that the lists are not 'flat' (although I maybe able to overcome this), and items in the first list may not necessarily appear in the second or the other way around, but I would like the final list to be a combination of the two. To illustrate; List(1) ----A-----|----B----|----C----|----D----| Apple Tree|---------|---------|-----1000| ----------|Apple----|---------|------700| ----------|---------|Red------|------600| ----------|-------...

Sounds with Excel
Hello Friends Is it possible and how can I do this task with ExcelXp: If the value of cell A1 on "my worksheet" in "my workbook" is "1"-play any sound, If cell A1 is empty-don't play sound. For the next cell on the same sheet B1: if B1=1- play sound different than the sound for the cell A1, if B1 is empty-don't play sound. If both cells A1=1 AND B1=1 play sound different than the sounds for cell A1 and cell B1. I'm running WindowsXP. Thank you. Hi Tim have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip87.htm Frank Tim wrote: > Hello Friends...