How do I update a spreadsheet with numbers input into another?

How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time?
0
Duma (4)

"Duma" wrote:
> How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time?

Probably something like this

In Sheet2,
In A1: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
Copy A1 across/down to cover the extent

Sheet2 will then reflect entries/updates in Sheet1 for the formulated range
--
Max
Singapore

While on Sheet1, hold the shift key down, click Sheet2, now both are
highlighted.  Now your sheets are "Grouped".  anything you do on one, will be
applied to the other, including print page set ups.

Practice, be careful doing this as you can accidentally key something in all
sheets and not intend to while they are grouped.

Very handy though to set page set up same in all sheets quickly.

Does that help?

"Max" wrote:

> "Duma" wrote:
> > How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time?
>
> Probably something like this
>
> In Sheet2,
> In A1: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
> Copy A1 across/down to cover the extent
>
> Sheet2 will then reflect entries/updates in Sheet1 for the formulated range
> --
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> ---
0
GuruGirl (4)

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Excel cells changes number format automatically
I am using Excel 2007. Many of the cells I am working on are in general format where I store various numbers for analysis. These values change itself to date format occassionally creating whole lot of work for me to change them back to general format. How can I solve this issue? Also in my pivot table, my source data is in general format. Still when I click on sub total in any catagory in the table to find details about it, formats are changed date format in the new sheet it pops up. Can someone help resolve this issue. ...

How update entity in post update?

count matching numbers
This is probably simple but I'm about to go crazy trying to figure it out. Please help. I'm trying to count or total how many cells match another row of cells. For instance A4 = 23 B4 = 14 A5 = 34 B5 = 30 A6 = 39 B6 = 34 A7 = 48 B7 = 39 A8 = 53 B8 = 55 The answer I'm looking for is 2 because there are two cells that match. (A5 matches B6 and A6 matches B7) Thanks, mike Try ths: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A4:A8,B4:B8,0)))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Catfish" <mtblanton@gmail.com> wrote in message news:491279e0-18f9-4d29-a...

latest update too MSCFV2

How to call another file in your xml document.
Greetings. I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share. Each user has different text requirements. what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt) and populate it with the local contents and display it. So for each user the content would be customized to his liking. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how. Thank You Hemang "Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote: > Please let me know if this is possible and if...

Dynamic Menu update

Validation of numbers
hey I want to validate a cell so that it will only accept numbers, no text. These numbers could be decimals or whole numbers, therefore th Whole number option won't work. I tried the Decimal option, but i still allowed text. Can u help?? Thx KrisB_baco -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way (assume A1 is the cell) =ISNUMBER(A1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "KrisB_bacon >" <<KrisB_bacon.11vmuj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KrisB_bacon.11vmuj@excelforum-nospam.com... > hey > > I want to validate a cell so that it will ...

Stop duplicate numbers
Hi I am setting up a spreadsheet to use as a basis for a database. How do I create a column of unique numbers that can be used as serial numbers? I need to ensure that all the numbers are not duplicated. Thanks Dave Put 1 in A1, 2 in A2, select A1:A2, go to the bottom right of the selection until the cursor becomes a black cross, click and drag down as much as you want. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Stig" <qazat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:wIOdnflaPtux-3fcRVnyvQ@brightview.com... > Hi > I am setting up a spreadsheet t...

how to return a serial number to a date
Example: 40899 Is there a formula to convert the serial number 40899 above back to 12/22/2011? Thanks, Holly Format the cell as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82F628DD-B506-4A72-B5AC-DF85265ADAB0@microsoft.com... > Example: 40899 > > Is there a formula to convert the serial number 40899 above back to > 12/22/2011? > > Thanks, Holly "Holly" wrote: > Is there a formula to convert the serial number 40899 > above back to 12/22/2011? It would h...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Re: Excel spreadsheets over WAN
Forgot to add, I should note a contributing factor to the time it takes for the spreadsheet to load from the remote file server is the 52 inherent worksheets (representing 52 weeks in a year). If I create a new spreadsheet in the same folder with only a couple of worksheets, it opens with no noticeable delay (because it's a smaller file). So, I was still wondering if there are any settings within Excel that changes the way the app handles spreadsheets over a network? "Roger Rabbit" <roger@rabbit.com> wrote in message news:... >I have a user that tries to load a 6....

RE: Moving a Mailbox from Storage group to another SG
Hello's I'm trying to move mailboxes from one Storage group to another on the same server. I have tried using Exchange Tasks to move the mailbox. However, Exchange Tasks fails the job due to what it says are errors. I have tried using Exmerge to create a PST of the mailbox, but still need the mailbox present in the destination SG to import the PST into the mailbox. Please advice on how to perform this task. thanks Blue. are the accounts enabled? is it perhaps a "storage limit" issue? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Bluehades" <Bluehades@discussions.microsoft....

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...