How do I resize a complex Excel template?

I bought a template to make a calendar, the template is wonderful but doesn't
fill a full 8.5X11 sheet of paper, I've tried adjusting the margins, fiddling
with the print at %, and everything else I can think of.  Is there anyway to
enlarge the calendar without resizing every cell?
0
Palin (1)

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

excel 97 file name problem
When I attempt to save an excel file, the file is saving only under the first initial of the proposed name. For instance, if I attempt to save file as "book1", the file is saved as "b" This just started happening. Any ideas why this is happening? How can it be fixed? I have up to date virus protection and I don't think that is the problem. Any suggestions? TIA Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

Opening excel and file opens in XLstart
Everytime I open Excel a file opens along with the Personal file that contains my macros. I can go in and delete the file but it appears again next time I open a file it opens again. It is saved in xlstart and I want to know how to permanently delete it. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi If you don't want it any more, delete it using Windows Explorer. Just browse to where it is and delete the file. I guess some macros have been written once upon a time, which would create the file in the first place. As it is created in xlstart, it will open automatically each ti...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Excel Help File Problems
Our company is using Office 2000 on Window 2000 / NT OS. I recently had some issues and had to have my hard drive re-imaged. I am a relative novice with Excel VBA and rely heavily on the VBA Help files. Unfortunately the hot links on the top of the help pages are missing and there is only a placeholder (small square box shaddow with a dot in the middle). These use to have hot links such as "See Also", "Examples", Methods", etc. Most of the hot links embedded withing the text of the help files do not work either. A common error message that appears would be: &...

Excel 2007 #5
Where are the formula icons in Excel 2007, i.e., the plus, minus, etc.. I had them on my 2000 toolbar for quick access. Hi Marie, For my reference, why do you use those rather than just typing? In 2007 choose Office Button, Excel Options, Customize, on the top right pick Commands Not in the Ribbon from the Choose commands from drop down. You will find the buttons you are looking for here. Select a button, click Add>> button. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Marie" wrote: > Where are the formula icons in Excel 2007, i.e., the plus, minus, etc.. I > had them o...

Difference between 2 excel spreadsheet
Someone has given me two exported results from a query in CSV format. Is there any easy way in Excel to find out whether they are exaactly the same (ie all rows and columns matched) ? Thanks Here is one way (but, there's probably a better way): Load both csv files into the same workbook either as seperate sheets o on the same sheet. I would probably use seperate sheets so that I coul reference any differences a little easier. (A1 on sheet 1 should = A on sheet 2) Then insert a "difference" sheet (SHEET3) and in A1 use this formula: =IF(SHEET1!A1=SHEET2!A1,1,0) Then sel...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Toolbar missing in Excel
Hello, When I double-click on a .xls file the Excel app opens but the toolbar with File, Edit, View etc is not viewable. This occurs on ANY excel file I open in this fashion. However, when I open Excel from Start menu that toolbar is there as expected....Any ideas? Thanks, Steve - feeble attempt/ideas: tools, options, general: check file locations - right click empty spot in toolbar/top, customize, toolbars, reset (note, if sharing changes in tool bars, can make replica of main tool bars, by hand, and put your name to them: a ed edit... "Steve P." wrote: > Hello, Wh...

Can an excel workbook be printed two-sided?
I have a two sheet excel workbook that I can not get to print two sided. Can this be done? I am working on a Mac and using a Xerox Phaser 8400DP laser printer. Also some of the borders to the cells show up in print preview but do not appear when I actually print. Thanks. This is dependent on the printer and it's abilities. Worse case scenario -- print 1 sheet, then flip it, put it in bin and print sheet on other side "Janika" <Janika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21815C1-22B8-4803-9DA2-2EAB188CE96C@microsoft.com... : I have a two sheet excel wo...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

How do I split a list by every other one in excel?
I need to divide a list I have in two equally. I want to do it by selecting every other one. Is ther a formula or macro I can use to do this? Is it a list in 1 column and you need to make it into 2 columns? If so, Download Asap Utilities Add-in and use Advance Transposer -- select 2 columns and let it go "jont" <jont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3554544A-5CBD-4B1D-BA2D-4E6E2CB9104B@microsoft.com... : I need to divide a list I have in two equally. I want to do it by selecting : every other one. Is ther a formula or macro I can use to do this? Than...

Location of certain Excel files
Hi, I need to reinstall Excel2003 but I have added many micros and specialized toolbars. Does anyone know where this information is stored such that I may saved those files? Thus after I reinstall Excel, I will be able to replace the default files with these advanced versions. Thanks, Jeff IF? you are referring to personal.xls and your .xlb file, I suggest a WINDOWS find looking for personal.xls and another looking for *.xlb -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:4581d...

Timelines in excel
I'm want to create timelines similar to those in MSProject in an excel chart. Is this possible and if so, how do I do it. Your help in this regard would be very much appreciated. Hi, Have a look at this article by Jon Peltier and these links on gantt charts. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html Cheers Andy Ian B Milner wrote: > I'm want to create timelines similar to those in MSProject in an excel chart. > Is this possible and if so, how do I do it. > > Your help in this regard would ...

Individual labels to data point in Excel charts
Once I had an add-in that made it possible to add indivual labels (names) to each data point in an Excel graph. Somehow that add-in has disappeared, probably due to some upgrades we have been through. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance Sverre Hi Sverre, It was probably Rob Bovey's XY Chart labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Sverre Rolseth wrote: > Once I had an add-in that made it possible to add indivual labels (names) to > each data point in an Excel graph. > Somehow that add-in has disappeared, probably due to some upgrades...

Excel
So after a recent upgrade from Excel 2002 to Excel 2003, the page orientation feature no longer works - no matter what is selected (portrait or landscape), Excel will only print in portrait mode. I've tried changing this in the software, in the printer driver... i've tried running Office Detect and Repair... i've tried this with workbooks created on different machines. I'm out of ideas. anyone? thanks in advance Just a guess. I'd try removing the current printer driver and reinstalling it. (Maybe even visit the printer's web site for a newer/fresh version.) ...

How to query from two worksheets
I have two worksheets: WS1, contains Jobs each with one or many Qualifications Requirements WS2, contains Employees each with one or many Qualifications For each Job, I would to assess the Required Qualification(s) an identify all Employees that have the required Qualification(s). For example, - Job Asst Terminal Manager must have Qualifications Radio Trainin and First Aid. - If any employees that have both the Radio and First Aid should b extracted. How would I achieve this in Excel 2002? Thanks. Masa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It would be possible to do t...

Hyperlinks from Excel 2000 dont work anymore in Excel 2003
Hyperlinks for excel 2000 dont open files on the network share \\server\test\sdsd\.... after upgrading to excel 2003 other users which are still on excel 2000 have no problem accessing the files linked to a hyperlink...how i fix that (our company is upgrading to Office 2003) ...

Tab key in Excel
We have one PC that in any spreadsheet, the tab key advances a full screen instead of a cell, and Ctl-Home and Ctl-end do not go to the beginning and end of a cell, just to the beginning or end of the row or column. Any ideas on how this could happen, and how to get it set back to the way it should be? Will Fleenor Found the answer. Sorry for the Post. Go into the following setting; Tools, Options, Transition - Unclick the transition navigation keys. The system is navigating like Lotus 1-2-3. "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:eaT1z3B4FHA.1188@TK2...

how to add two stories in pie chart in excel
Hi, Can you explain what you mean by 'two stories' assuming this page does not help? http://www.andypope.info/charts/pies.htm And if you do reply use the body rather than the subject area for your text. Cheers Andy ndprabhakaran wrote: ...

Excel Formatted Spreadsheet To SQL ?
Hello, Is there any reasonably straightforward way to convert an Excel spreadsheet, or part of one, to a format that SQL would accept ? Thanks, Bob Usually the method that works is to save the worksheet in CSV format. Then import the CSV format into your database. Access will import CSV and so wil a number of other databases. -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196450 http://www.the...

notepad to excel
I have file in notepad and have to change a lot of entries. When i paste it into excel, the values are in the same column. I think I can only edit how i want if the values are in separate columns? is there an easy way to do this? thanks jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Assuming they are delimited well, you can use DATA -> TEXT TO COLUMNS. Come back if you have more questions. "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I have file in notepad and have to change a lot of entries. When i paste > it into excel, the values are in the same column. I think ...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

excel 05-17-10
I have a spreadsheet linked to others which retrieves data from each month and places the infor in a sumarry table. Rather than change the formulas each month is there a formula that will move the reference to the next row the next month thanks, Assuming January reference is in row 2, maybe something like: =OFFSET([Book2.xls]Sheet1!$A$2,MONTH(TODAY()),) -- Best Regards, Luke M "dobbers" <dobbers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB03C335-228A-45F0-A0C7-D3A55556CC1B@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet linked to others which retrieves ...