how do I remove titles of workbooks in excel?

I have created several workbooks in Excel that I no longer want to use I have
removed all the content but how do I remove the title?
--
Bendgee
0

If you want to delete the file, just delete with windows or use KILL in a
macro.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Bendgee" <Bendgee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created several workbooks in Excel that I no longer want to use I
>have
> removed all the content but how do I remove the title?
> --
> Bendgee

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Shared Workbooks???
I have several questions concerning shared workbooks in Excel XP and I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me. The questions are below. 1. Concerning shared workbooks, what is the difference between Save vs. Save As? How are multi-user edits affected? 2. Why does User B receives an error message stating that the shared workbook is locked by User A when User A is no longer in the shared workbook. In addition, when the share workbook dialog box is viewed, User A's name appears twice in the "who has this workbook open now field". 3 Is it possible to lock c...

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

Removal

an excellent time waster
Open a new blank workbook, go to the VBA immediate window and type cells = 1. This will fill every cell in sheet1 with a number 1. Save the file as number1.xls and close the file. Open another new blank workbook, go to the VBA immediate window and type cells = "a". This will fill every cell in sheet1 with a letter a. Save the file as lettera.xls and close the file. Now bring up the windows explorer and look at the size of both files. Why is the file with the letter "a" bigger than the file with the number 1? I thought a number takes up more bytes than a single lette...

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

Excel 2002
Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? If the entries truly are numbers, and assuming they are 10 digit numbers, then you need to use one criteria of >=2307450000 and another of <=2307459999 "Mike Faulkner" wrote: > Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* > in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? I found this solution: Autofilter doesn't work with digits as if they were other characters (e.g. l...

Help, I can't resize chart legends on my axes or titles
I only have this problem on this machine. Things work fine on all others Running Office 2003 (SP2) on XP Pro (SP2) on an Inspiron 9300. When I enter text into chart legends, it gets clipped and when I click on the frame, Excel won't let me drag the frame wider. What could be causing this? If I copy the file to another computer and reopen, it's fine, everything works, but if I copy it back the problem immediately returns. I've run the update for Excel, I've updated my video drivers, nothing works. My apologies for taking up anyone's time. This problem has apparent...

Fill Series Across Multiple Workbooks
Hi all, Am attempting to reference data from one workbook to another, whilst this is straightforward in itself I would like to be able to "fill" across in a series fashion i.e. incrementing the columb letter everytime. Is this possible? Doing it mannually is becoming very tedious!! Any help would be great. Thanks -- DangerMouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DangerMouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27755 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472637 Hi If...

How to create a shortcut in Excel?
How to create a shortcut in Excel? Hi Vova To a macro? To a sheet? A shortcut on the desktop to a file? Post back with more info and someone can help you -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to create a shortcut in Excel? Vova wrote: > How to create a shortcut in Excel? One way (Excel 97): Insert >> Hyperlink ...

How to Remove SRS

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

Shortcuts of excel
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. "Page across" is Alt+PageDown. To page back towards the A column again you do Alt+PageUp. If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys (it was there up to Excel 2000). Regards David "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7H2C9PqDHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontal...

Update two workbooks at the same time, but not all the time.
Hi Folks, I have set up 2 workbooks. One is for RMA's and the other is an evaluation form for returned equipment. When I fill out the RMA form certain feilds are filled out on the eval form at the same time, however I only need to do this when equipment is being returned for evaluation. We get part returned for various reasons, but not for eval. So I need to be able to turn these functions on and off when necessary so I don't create an eval form for a non-eval part. Can anyone help??? -- John.. ...

Message title is blank
Using Outlook 2000, I have noted lately that when I reply to an email stored in my pst file, the information does not have a subject line or a message text from me as it supposed to have. It is just an envelope that is blank. Any idea what is causing this behavior and how to resolve this? It does not happen from my mailbox itself but only from my pst files that are stored on the network. ...

Sharing Workbook Info message ?
Recently, as I go to Tools, Share Workbook, ck on Allow ....(slfkjsaldjflskjf.....) and OK a message box pops up saying "Seletion is too Large" I just ck OK and move on. Am I missing something here? TIA, Jim ...

Need A formula in VBA ,Similar to NETWORKDAYS in excel
I would like to get only working days after excluding satuday and sunda and holidays. Holidays will be there in the range of sheet There is one formula in xls (NETWORKDAYS) , It would be appreciated i you can make it similar one. The format of NETWORKDAYS is NETWORKDAYS(STARTDATE,ENDDATE,HOLIDAY-RANGE) Regards Joph -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:03:12 -0600, jophy <<jophy.zycba@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I would like to get only working days after excluding satuday and sunday >and holidays. Holidays will be there in the rang...

remove Fax from address book?

Annoying things / Excel
Hello, I used to run excel 2000. I currently upgrade to excell 2002 and it nice and all but there are these really annoying pop up help boxes when I am working in excel. I copy cells and paste them to other cell all the time but then now this annoying popup box /clip board shows which blocks my view. I know what I am doing when i copy and paste....i dont need that pop-up clip board to keep showing. How do i disable it? -- Maxwell-5000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

Excel PDF
Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? You can save an excel file as a PDF file but you have to have a PDF writer. "Craigv_2000" wrote: > Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? Craig For FREE!!! I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which you then convert to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:16...

Removing an item from menu