How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in?

How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in excel vba? I am trying to make
a address book manually using Excel VBA. Is there a way I can record multiple
information into Excel after submitting info. All i have so far is being able
to submit one bit of information into excel but I dont think it will stay if
I save it. Like is there a way I can group multiple address information using
excel VBA?  If so how?
0
mikstr14 (1)

What you want to do is not clear.  Please post back and give us a
step-by-step procedure of what you want to do and what you want Excel to do.
HTH   Otto
"mikstr14" <mikstr14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in excel vba? I am trying to
> make
> a address book manually using Excel VBA. Is there a way I can record
> multiple
> information into Excel after submitting info. All i have so far is being
> able
> to submit one bit of information into excel but I dont think it will stay
> if
> I save it. Like is there a way I can group multiple address information
> using
> excel VBA?  If so how?

0
ottokmnop (389)

Changing constants in a query to user input values
Access 2007 I have a table that contains (among other things) Start Date TimeDown End Date TimeUp All of these are Date/Time type Example data: Start Date TimeDown End Date TimeUp 16/3/10 02:00 16/3/10 04:00 16/3/10 06:00 16/3/10 09:00 16/3/10 19:00 16/3/10 20:30 16/3/10 23:00 17/3/10 01:00 17/3/10 03:00 17/3/10 04:00 17/3/10 08:45 ...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

Required Input When Certain Condition is Met
Hi guys & gals, I'm new here in the forums and I'm glad that this forum exists. I am in a bit of a jam with regards to a function I need for an excel file. Here's what I would like to do. Let's say I have the following: Code: -------------------- A B 1 in 2 -------------------- A1 consists of a list - "in, out, n/a". This I know how to do. Then I want that B1 would have a value that would be required from the user (thru a dialog box or equiv.) if A1 has a value of "in". Is this possible without using any macro? Could...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

Combo Box to look up autonumber field in a form
I have a form called frmFallVariancePastEntries that has field called FallID. This is an autonumber field which is visible but not updatable. I have thousands of records available and want to create a lookup combo box. I created one called cblFindFallID. It is based on a query which lists all FallIDs. I want to be able to go directly to the specific record based on the Fall ID but am getting an error which says “Run Time Error 3464 Data Type Mismatch in Criteria Expression”. Below is the vba code for this object. I am doing the same thing in another database that I use but ...

Comment Box #4
I have a spreadsheet that contains what appear to be either comment or text boxes that appear when certain cells are highlighted. I can not do anything to them other than move them around. I can't double click on them or delete them. I have tried all the options under comments and they don't do anything, so I don't believe they are set up as comments. Any suggestions for deleting or editing these would be appreciated. Maybe they are Data, Validation input boxes. You can clear them from the dialog. -- Jim "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

"save" button not requerying as coded
Using Access 2007 I have a form (frmNewFamily) that is opened when a NotInList event is triggered from a subform in a different form (frmAttendance/sfrAttendee). I have a "Save" button on the frmNewFamily that will save the record, close the frmNewFamily and requery the combo boxes on sfrAttendee. I have it working just great, but I want to delete one of the combo boxes. But as soon as I comment out the requery line, the Save button stops functioning properly. It will save the record to the table, but not close the form or requery the combo box. The same thing...

Cell Value Updated based cell input
I'm trying to update a cell "A1" based on a cell value in "B1": If cell value in B1 < 5, A1 should be 100 if cell value in B1 is between 5-10, A1 should be 200 if cell value in B1 is between 10-20, A1 should be 300 and so on. How do I write a formula in A1 to make this calculation? If this is just a three condition item, I would use an IF statment =IF(condition,true,false) You can nest them up to 7 deep I think. =IF(b1 < 5,100,if(and(b1>=5,b1<=10),200,if(and(b1>10,b1<20),300,"Not In Range")) If you want a matrix, then I think a mat...

Text wrapping button grayed out
My text wrapping button is grayed out, also the position button. I am using newly installed Word 2007. No matter what picture I select same result. I click on picture, format, arrange. If I bring up a docx document sent by somebody else these buttons then work on their document Any help appreciated. ...

CommandBar Combo Boxes
I've created a VBA function to use as the action for a menu bar combo box. How do I determine which item was chosen? And also for a textbox, how do I get the value? Jennifer I'm still stumped on this. What syntax do I need so the function knows which item was selected? Jennifer On Aug 22, 4:18 am, Toxalot <toxa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I've created a VBA function to use as the action for a menu bar combo > box. How do I determine which item was chosen? And also for a textbox, > how do I get the value? > > Jennifer ...

How to pop-up a message box without using MFC?
Hi, I would like to know how to pop-up a simple message box wihout using MFC , as I am just developing a very simple command line program. Thanks. Problem solved! Ricky wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know how to pop-up a simple message box wihout using MFC , > > as I am just developing a very simple command line program. > > Thanks. ...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

Drop Box Width
I am having a weird behavior will my workbook! I have 5 columns in my worksheets that contain a drop box for data validation. My question is, what controls the width of the drop box? In one of my columns the drop box is twice the width of the column when I click to open it. No matter how I adjust the columns width, the drop box opens wider than the columns width. I am using dynamic range cells for my data validation, and I have adjust the columns width from that worksheet the match all the other worksheets. No sure what to try next! Any help would be appreciated! JDH JDH,...

Message stuck in in box
I have this problem. How do i get these messages out and onto the person sent to. I look at others with the same problem but did not find an answer. Please help! See www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ steve "Patricia" <Patricia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0256767-38C4-40EF-85A0-732D81D90A42@microsoft.com... >I have this problem. How do i get these messages out and onto the person >sent > to. I look at others with the same problem but did not find an answer. > Please help! Hello Patricia, In addition, the options listed in ...

Where to put error handler code for "No current record" error?
Hello, to brighten the essence of my current problem I woud like to describe the situation from scratch. I use Acess 2007. I have two tables 'tblOrders' and 'tblOrderDetails' linked as ODBC tables from MS SQL 2000 Server. Both tables have primary keys: 'tblOrders' has 'orderId' primary key and 'tblOrderDetails' has a pair 'orderId' and 'itemId' as primary key. On server there is also a foreign key constraint defined on key 'orderId' between both tables. In access I have a main form 'frmOrders' bounded to 'tblOr...

Recall button showing under transaction but Zero Items on hold
Hello, about a week ago I noticed that under transactions for every user its showing the recall button. the issue is there are no items on hold. is there a way to reset this so the hold option comes back up. I tried adding a new user and they see the recall button too, so its like the system thinks there items on hold but on the recall screen there are 0 items. Thanks for any help on this. BUMP This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01C85E08.0A247590 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00CA_01C85E08.0A247590" -...

How do I put it back?
In Microsoft money 2003. Used to: When I put on my paycheck I would have a window pop up with seperate catagories, "taxes", "healthcare", ect. there were four of them. Now when I put them in I just get one "spit catagories" window. I don't know how I changed it or how to change it back. I can't even find any support that can/ will help me. If anyone knows Please let me know. I will be greatly indeted to you. thank You. Derek "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9D38C7E-D837-4376-99D3-79C760EC4F85@mic...

What does _v0000 mean on the name box?
I am working with vb application that goes through excel worksheets which have pictures in it. The pictures that were addressable have 'Picture 1' in the Name box and my code could access them because Worksheet(1).Pictures.Count returns a non zero value. For those pictures that when clicked shows a label in the Name box as '_v0000' , the expression Worksheet(2).Pictures.Count returns a 0, which means that it is not recognizing that as a picture. Is there any other object or collection other than Pictures that those identified with _v0000 pertain to? Thanks ! "Sha...

how to put constraints in excel
how to put constraints in excel You need to be more specific in your question. Perhaps Data Validation, on the Data menu, will do what you want. This will allow users to enter only values in a range of numbers in a cell. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "structures" <structures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFC87EE4-BC1A-4F88-9E35-0EB42F42881C@microsoft.com... > how to put constraints in excel ...

How do I hide tab scrolling buttons?
I have a workbook that has the some of the tab scrolling buttons hidden. How do I unhide them? Do you have the "sheet tabs" option under Tools, Options, View selected? The scroll bars options? Not sure what you're referring to. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "dlove10486_1999" <dlove10486_1999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0853FAC7-2AE5-495D-89D1-6D74B0122C72@microsoft.com... |I have a workbook that has the some of the tab scrolling buttons hidden. How | do I unhide them? ...

Put % in ( )