how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

0
A.D (1)

Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates

Put in C1: =B1-A1

where
A1 contains the start date, say: 01-May-2005
B1contains the end date, say: 10-May-2005

For the sample dates in A1 and B1, C1 will return: 9
---
Pl post your question within the message area in future.
The "Subject" line is meant only for some key words/descripts, not to house
your *entire* post
--
Rgds
Max
"A.D" <A.D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
demechanik (4694)
5/12/2005 6:35:53 AM
Format the answer as General.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates
>
> Put in C1: =B1-A1
>
> where
> A1 contains the start date, say: 01-May-2005
> B1contains the end date, say: 10-May-2005
>
> For the sample dates in A1 and B1, C1 will return: 9
> ---
> Pl post your question within the message area in future.
> The "Subject" line is meant only for some key words/descripts, not to
house
> your *entire* post
> --
> Rgds
> Max
> xl 97
> ---
> GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
> xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
> ----
> "A.D" <A.D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
rumlas (268)
5/12/2005 4:03:38 PM
"Bob Umlas" <rumlas@kpmg.com> wrote
> Format the answer as General.

Thanks for the add-on, Bob !

I must have done up the formula in C1 first,
followed by the test date inputs in A1 and B1
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
demechanik (4694)

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

HOw do I get the formula to figure out a percentage?
Example H & P Consent Pre-Sedation YES NO YES NO YES NO Total Cases 11 13 12 98 I need the percentage of each column. Assuming that your numbers are from A2 to F2, here is a very simpl solution, i.e., not an elegant formula but will work. If you want the percentages to appear below the numbers, enter in B2 =if(A2="","",A2/sum($A$2+$F$2)) and copy this up to cell F2. Another option is =if(A2="",0,A2/sum($A$2:$F$2)) Also, don't forget to "percent" format your cells (B2:F2). Jen Wrote: > Example > H & P Consent Pr...

Footer date changes from one PC to the next
We have created a password protected, spreadsheet on a shared department drive. When I go into the document, the date on the footer is different than the same date, in the same footer, in the same file that another person goes into. How can this be? We verified it is the same file by changing some of the data. The data views the same on both PCs. How can the Header and footer information be different, viewed on two PCs, in the same file? Thanks in advance. Ron The date you see is that of the local PC. One (or more) date settings is incorrect or the PCs could be on opposite si...

Inconsistent formulas
Hi! During development of my school project I have found a bug (in my opinion). Writing formula 5-10^2 I am getting as expected -95, however changing order of summation to -10^2 + 5 I am getting 105 (which is equivalent to (-10)^2 + 5 not as intended -(10^2) + 5). I think it should be unified - solving this problem is not easy, becuase both formulas should give the same value. Thanks Piotrek Hi You should use =-(10^2) + 5 as the square pertains to -10, not to 10. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Piotrek" wrote: > Hi! > > During...

Numbers change to dates automatically
I have dot as a default date separator in regional settings (comma is a default decimal separator). Now, if i type in a cell e.g. 2.5 it becomes a date. Is there a way to prevent this change to date? I don't want to change reginal settings. Type 2,5 instead of 2.5 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Aa" <Aa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:107765F1-8B0E-4390-8332-D708D95C4FBE@microsoft.com... >I have dot as a default date separator in regional settings (comma is a > default decimal separator). Now, if i type in a cell e.g. 2.5 it becomes a > date....

I need different signatures for different profiles
I have a personal email address and an email address I use for business. I would like to have two seperate signatures on each with seperate contact info, email address, phone number etc. How do you do this? Each time I go into each, my personal or business email outlook inboxes, and try to change the signature, it appears the same in both of my email accounts. What version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subsc...

Matching data in two tables
This is probably pretty rudimentary but I'm doing an Update Query in 2007 and I am having an issue with my criteria. I have two tables: tbl_1 contains a column with a serial number (14,000 rows) . tbl_2 contains a column with user description information that includes the serial numbers I want to match. (45,000 rows) tbl_1 field: 673567 tbl_2 field: FTN 673567 333, Doe John, W, X, Here is my query in SQL: UPDATE tbl_2, tbl_1 SET tbl_2.[Compare Match] = "Match" WHERE (((tbl_2.Descriptor) Like '*' & [tbl_1]![Serial Number] & '*')); I ...

Inventory Last Used Date
Does anyone know if there exists a last_used_date for items in GP? I need to do a report for Inventory items, total value and the last date the inventory was utilized. Your help is appreciated. I don't think GP stores this information. However, if you are going to do a report in Crystal or another report writer besides GP's, you would want to create a view on the inventory transaction history table and get the distinct record with the maximum date. You could then join this view to the other tables in your report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Wes" wrote: > Does a...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Cannot find my email sent or created in outlook
have they been archived? where can I find them? Search for a .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gina asked: | have they been archived? | where can I find them? ...

Formula #61
I would like to know procedure for multipling a currency against a time format I think you'll have to provide an example. Perhaps $20 x 3:00 (3 hours, where the formula bar shows 3 AM as the time), you can use: =A1*(B1*24) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "laksmi" <laksmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F906404B-11F6-44C4-8373-2EBB9CB6C7AC@microsoft.com... >I would like to know procedure for multipling a currency against a time >format ...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

Find Text String
Hi, It fails after several attempts, I try to work out VBA codes that help to find the existence of text string "HA" and "HVB" in C column of Sheet1and if anyone of text string not found, it will exit Codes below to find text string " HA " and " HVB" in every row of column C under sheet1 based on the following conditions : - 1) if "HA" not matched any part of substring in C column, exit sub with message box " HA not found" or 2) if "HVB" not matched any part of substring in C column, exit sub with message box &q...

Formula or VBA?
Hi Everyone, Okay, Either I am really tired or I am losing my mind. I've created a parts list for work which has the location of each part, name, description, quantity, etc... I am trying to track our parts due to outrageous expenses. I currently just tracking the quantity, and would like to add a column that tracks used parts which then leads remaining parts (or something of the sort). The problem I have is that the used parts will change daily and I don't think I can use a formula, or can I? Is there a way to transer the used to the remaining, so the used cell will become blank for...

sumif formula
Hi is it possible to write a sumif formula to get data from two sheet at the same time. I want to look for "A4" from Sheet1 & Sheet2 at the same time. the idea here is if "A4" is in both tabs than give me the sum figure. Thanks Just string 2 SUMIFs together: =SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:A10,"A4",Sheet1!B1:B10)+SUMIF(Sheet2!A1:A10,"A4",Sheet2!B1:B10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Rohit" <Rohit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8120B7E-0E6C-4CBE-BE68-B2126E0B2C00@microsoft.com... > Hi > is it possible to write a sumi...

Summing of Two cells does not sum!!
I am setting up a monthly chart and all I am trying to do is a simple SUM formula. I set it up fine but every time I enter a value it does not add it in the cell I put the formula in. Example: Here is the exact formula I am using =SUM(C6,C8). (Trying for the sum in C10) It will sum if I already have numbers in it but if I change the numbers or start with no numbers it does not add it. Do you have manual calculation set? Tools>Options>Calculation. Make sure the Automatic button is set. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Joe D" <...

Group By Query
Hello. I need a little help. Is there a way to find out which records were grouped in a group by query, and maybe flag that record with a specific tag for example in this scenario: ID Amount Name 1 123 First 2 123 First 3 123 F-irst 4 345 Second 5 345 Second 6 345 Secon-d ....... ....... If I put this table in a group by query and Sum the amounts, I take the LastOfName and LastOfID then I get something like this: ID Amount Name 3 369 F-irst 6 ...

Formula issue.
I am creating a formula to copy data from one cell to another and I always get the $ in my formula. I do not want to copy the same data that is in that cell, so I have to go in and manually remove the $. How do I fix this issue. Hi, you can remove all the $ sign using find and replace, press CTRL + H, find what enter $, then go to the field replace with but do not enter anything and click ok "LCdebaca" wrote: > I am creating a formula to copy data from one cell to another and I always > get the $ in my formula. I do not want to copy the same data that is i...

Two Languages
Hello there, I am currently trying to create a web page in Publisher 2003. I have created the English Version of the page but I would like to make another version in a different language giving links between the pages!!! How do I do it?? Please help!! Thanks! AK Help here Hyperlinks http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH063576871033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AK" <AK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A26A93-1669-42BF-942E-8F230CA8CC0A@microsoft.com... > Hell...

excel changes date
When I enter 3/1/10 enter a cell formatted number, date, 3/14/01, it changes it to 1/3/10. But if I enter 3/19/10 in the same cell it leaves it alone. It is only on one pc, if I open the same file from a different pc the date works fine. Any ideas. Thanks I can not really follow your question but XL inherits it's date entry from your computers regional settings. Take a look at Start | Control Panel | Regional and Language Settings To get your computers date settings. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "sue gray" wrote: > When I enter 3/1/10 ent...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...

Formula #11
Hallo ik heb 2 worksheets : Worksheet 1 : Col A : alleen waardes : 0 en 1 Col B & C : Data1 en Data2 Worksheet 2 : In dit worksheet wil ik alleen de waardes uit de kolommen B & C van 'Worksheet 1' maar alleen als in kolom A van 'Worksheet 1' de waarde 1 of hoger is! Wat voor een formule moet ik gebruiken? Als je de vraag niet snapt, ik heb een voorbeeld in een html bestand gezet : http://www.hexan.nl/news/excel.htm Bedankt, Marco J.L. Hi Marco you should probably ask this question either in English (as this is an english NG) or post it to your regional NG....

Opening different Excel files in new windows
How can I make Excel open different files in completely new windows? Thats how it was working sometime back. Somehow, now everytime I open a new file, it opens in the same Excel window. Is there some setting in Options/Tools that would allow me to do this? Open the first file normally. For a second window open anothe application then the file. : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just a guess here. I had a similar problem when starting to use Windows XP. XP 'helpfully' lumped all my excel session under one taskbar list. To change it I had to adjust the setting in X...

outlook ka-put
After I installed the service pack updates for Microsoft XP, my Outlook has been uable to send or receive any email. I have gotten a few error messages: "unable to connect to network," "server found but did not respond." etc. What the heck do I do? ...