How do I organize data from excel 2003 database into a word file?

I am creating a neighborhood directory.  I have my information sorted in
alphabetical order and my column headings include...name, address, phone,
etc.  I would like to move the info into a word file and have the info go
into pre-determined slots based on the column headings.  Can someone tell me
how to get started?

Thanks!!

You can probably make do with some sort of mailmerge to Word.

For more help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:37:03 -0800, mdwife0520
<mdwife0520@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am creating a neighborhood directory.  I have my information sorted in
>alphabetical order and my column headings include...name, address, phone,
>etc.  I would like to move the info into a word file and have the info go
>into pre-determined slots based on the column headings.  Can someone tell me
>how to get started?
>
>Thanks!!

0
Gord

Show external organizations within an organizations
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to show external organizations like courier services (who perform daily delivery services and are part and parcel of daily processes in an organization) in an organizational chart? Thanks for your support. Regards. -- akk ...

How can I open files from a prev. version of Publisher in Pub 2000
Is there a way to open files from an earlier version of Publisher in Publisher 2000? I have a file that I cannot access, that I believe was created in Publisher 97 or 98, that I need to access, but I get an error message that says it cannot be opened. ...

Taking data from a worksheet
Hi, I want to put a range of data into a worksheet. I want the user to input the values, integers (Child IDs) into the F column. From the F column, I want my subroutine to take these values, turn them into a comma separated list string, and put it into another string so it will look like this: SQL String = " WHERE ChildID IN ( " & Comma spearated list string & " ) " My question is, how do I create a comma separated list string with dynamic ranges? This should get you started: It assumes column F contains no data below the list and no gaps in the list. You may ...

Excel Data form
I am using the function data-form in excel on a blank data table with column heading in it only. whilst this worked ok on a previous version of the excel file and created a data form, it has stopped working, and returns the error: " database or list range is not valid". I have not made any changes to the file , but have added more worksheets. what is causing this and how can i resolve ? many thanks ...

Earn $200 daily with offline data entry job
Earn $200 daily with offline data entry job register now to start earning at http://moourl.com/fc7vo http://moourl.com/fc7vo http://moourl.com/fc7vo http://moourl.com/fc7vo ...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

Export empty columns to Excel
I have a database, and some data in that needs to be imported into another database through Excel. I have no control over this, that's the way it needs to be. These Excel files have certain columns, and not all of them relevant for my database. Can I make a query with the relevant fields from my database, and have the needed columns inserted where appropriate? Also, some of my relevant fields have different names than the Excel template. Can I change the column headings in my query to match the Excel template? For example if you have to export and leave columns 2 and 3 blank an...

How do I create a list in excel that contains external data?
I have spreadsheets linked to external data sources but I also need to add data to them. Whenever the data source is refreshed rows are correctly added or deleted from the columns containing external data but not from the columns containing my data. My rows end up not corresponding to the external data rows. I thought designating the entire data range as alist might help but I recieved an error that says you can't make a list that contains external data. Any one have suggestions? You could store the related data on a separate sheet. Then, on the worksheet with the external data...

Sum, when data in adjoining column changes
I have spreadsheet with thousand of lines. Column A lists a name, and Column lists a percentage. When the name changes, I need to sum the percentages (they are supposed to add up to 100%) in Column C. Example: Column A Column B Column C AAA .50 AAA .25 AAA .20 AAA .05 1.00 BBB .10 BBB .10 BBB .75 BBB .04 BBB .01 1.00 (Sometimes the data in Column could be a number, such as 99-9999999.) Doing this by hand will take many hours, and I have to periodically repe...

Multiple Forms for Data Entry; re-loading data
Hi All, I have 15 forms set up to enter data in Excel which then gets stored in a hidden worksheet in the workbook. Right now it is set up so that the user can scroll through all 15 forms, enter the data, and then they are prompted to save to the database, which copies all the data over and erases the forms. I think it will be useful to allow them to re-load the data they've already entered, in case they need to make changes. So I'm imagining some kind of drop box or something that will display all the IDs associated with the information they've entered, and then they...

Repeating data when data matches
When the data column C matches the data in column A, I need the data in columns C and D to be repeated for all matching rows. For example: This is my data: a b c d 009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712 009701449-2 071712 009701452-4 008710 009701449-2 071712 009701455-7 008710 009701449-2 071712 009701460-1 008710 009701449-2 071712 009701465-6 058617 009701449-2 071712 009701467-8 059602 009701452-4 008710 009701468-9 059602 009701452-4 008710 009701455-7 008710 009701455-7 008710 009701460-1 008110 009701465-6...

MS Money 2003 UK Version
Dear all, I am getting this error when I try to create a new account with the nationwide building society. "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again" The only suggestion online appears to be that my IE has become corrupt. I do not think this is the case for me, as I already have 3 other accounts registered with Nationwide, and they are working fine, including direct downloads. Can anybody advise how to debug this issue. I suspect the firewall of SP2, but disabling it has not helped. Does anybo...

Drive for data
I have two partitions for 2 OS. One of partition is for Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. I would like to create a D drive in this partition to store data only. Currently software and data are stored on drive C. Do I need additional software to create D drive or there is built-in utility to accomplish it. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, build in disk management (Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management or diskpart) can do several actions for you : Create, Shrink, Extend, Delete.... Disk Management - General Overview http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd163558.aspx ...

Sot data and make it apperar in other sheet?
Hi. i have all my data in a "List table" in sheet1. How can i sort that data and make it appear in sheet2 automatically? is there a simply and obvious way that im missing? Thanks a lot SpeeD Sorting on a sheet won't magically make data appear on another sheet. Is the second sheet linked to the first? Sorting sheet1 will sort linked data on sheet2. Elsewise you will need VBA code to copy sorted data to sheet2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:25:02 -0700, SpeeD <SpeeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. > >i ha...

Visio EA vs Visio 2003?
Hi All, I was hoping a few of you could shed some light on a question that has been popping up among my developers. Many of whom are currently running Visio for Enterprise Architects that is available with Visual Studio.NET. I believe it is the same version of Visio regardless of whether you are using the 2002 or 2003 version of Visual Studio Enterprise. Please correct me if I am wrong. The big question I am hitting is: What reasons are there to upgrade to Visio 2003 (v11?) if you are already running Enterprise Architect of v10? Also, is there an EA version for Visio 2003, or would you b...

Error Handling: When adding data where data is incomplete/incorrect.
Greetings, I added my error checking (see code below) on the Form "On Current" event as I believe this code will run upon any action on screen being actioned. Errors happen when users are adding incomplete/incorrect data then pressing the next navigation button which adds a record if it is the last record. Where is best to put my error validation? Thanks Rob Private Sub Form_Current() On Error GoTo MyErr ExtenuatingCount = DCount("[StudentID]", "tblStudentsResultsDelivery", "[StudentId]= '" & [txtStudentId] & "' AND [Extenu...

Link Data
Hi All, I have a table in a spreadsheet with a large amount of data in it. I then have a metrics page that calculates about 200 statistical calculations. I would like to seperate the metrics sheet from the main page as when I update the data, it has to recalculate the metrics page for each change. What is the best way to seperate the metrics page (I have considered turning on / off re-calculation but this is not acceptable). The metrics page utilises dynamic ranges and the name of the data file changes daily. I can think of a number of ways to do it but am sure that one is significantly ...

Excel Macros #14
Hi, i would like to back up all my macros i have about 30 of them, i would want to back them up to my drive on the network but i cannot find where they are located. are they in a folder where i can just copy paste? If you've recorded them and saved them in your Personal workbook: Go to Window|Unhide & unhide Personal.xls Do a File| Save as and you'll see where to find it. "costin" wrote: > Hi, > > i would like to back up all my macros i have about 30 of them, i would want > to back them up to my drive on the network but i cannot find where they ar...

Public Calendar, Meeting Owner/Organizer
I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and hopefully even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer. My question is, is there any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a Public Folder/Shared Calendar? Thank you. if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure the "from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Christine Lisi" <ChristineLisi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DA4B3D5-ED9D-4715-BC3E-0620B...

Data Base Link
I have a workbook with numbered data base items that I use along with other workbooks, which are calculators for this data base information. I currently go to the data base copy the whole row of information then go to the calculator workbook and paste this information. This is tedious and has the potential for errors because in my calculator workbook I have protected some functions in certain cells staggered across the destination row, so I would like to create a macro that will respect the protected cells and enable to data base information to transfer with the entry of the Item numb...

Excel 2003 User name
We use ghost to image all our machines and ive noticed recently, when users use excel their user name comes up as venuswilliams (the guy that originally built our image had a thing for her so he used her as a test user). Its fair simple to change the username in excel if you go to Tools - Options, then click on the General tab and down the bottom is the user name field. But what i want to do is change it so it always takes the logged on user. Ive searched for venuswilliams in the registry and deleted everything relating to her but as soon as i log in as a new user on that machine in excel i...

data range is too complex.
I am just changing over to excel 2007. . Most of my data will update to the embedded chart just fine but one tells me "the data range is too complex to be displayed. I don't know how to fix it -- Thanks for all your help. God Bless, Frank I had one like it and all I did to fix it was select the chart and right click on it, select data-> click on the icon at far right of Chart Data Range, use the mouse to select the data range, click on the icon at far right then OK. Note: If there are multiple ranges and the ranges are not adjacent, select the first range then hold the Ct...

Great Plains has no data integrity , PLS do not sell it
we get a many problems with Great Plains , no data integrity in program , also there are many dupliacate in transactions , it is very slow , they are saying it can use by 1000 users and 2M transaction , and it is no correacr word , if use just 5% you will get hang in system. i think it vere bad to microsoft to have this progra ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Convert One Column Data to Multiple Columns Data
I have a Query I am trying to Build that has the Following data: Name WO Days Old AD K-12345 10 AD K-12346 23 AD K-12368 02 AD K-12351 05 AD K-12386 20 What I am needing to is move the Days old Data to three Colums based off of the Days old Name WO 1-5 days 6-12 days 13+ Days AD K-12345 10 AD K-12346 23 AD K-12368 02 Something like that if it is possible. I have searched for this and could not find any other topics like...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...