how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail

how do iopen aspreadsheet  sent via email windows need to know what programme
created it .i dont understand

Hi

Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it
Never open it in the mail.
Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ?

You can try this

Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"summertime" <summertime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B5E95E7-E909-45AA-8EF4-321B00D7B799@microsoft.com...
> how do iopen aspreadsheet  sent via email windows need to know what programme
> created it .i dont understand

0
rondebruin (3789)
3/10/2005 2:40:33 PM
You probably do not have Excel on your computer. So, you would need an excel
version capable of using that file or the excel viewer which will let you
look but not manipulate.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"summertime" <summertime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do iopen aspreadsheet  sent via email windows need to know what
programme
> created it .i dont understand

0
Don
3/10/2005 3:07:27 PM
First question is:   Do you have Excel installed on your computer?

If no, then you have a few options.

1.  Buy MS Office or Excel.

2.  Download Open Office(70MB) from http://www.openoffice.org

3.  Download Stephen Bye's freebie spreadsheet app that works with Excel
files.

http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/

4.  Download the Free Excel viewer.  You can view and print but not edit with
the viewer.

http://office.microsoft.com/en�-gb/officeupdate/CD01134796103�3.aspx

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:13:03 -0800, "summertime"
<summertime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>how do iopen aspreadsheet  sent via email windows need to know what programme
>created it .i dont understand

0
Gord

sent items #2
I don't want to keep copies in "Sent Items" of messages sent from a specific address.I'd prefer they be moved automatically but cannot make an Outlook 2003 rule to do so. Is there an way to create a rule to do this? Please help ...

How to set OL to use address the message was sent to?
I have 4 addresses. When I reply to a message I want the address the message was sent to to be the address sent from. But, OL keeps using the default address. How do I stop this? "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89F21FAF-C558-4605-B26E-5FC665E93A14@microsoft.com... > I have 4 addresses. When I reply to a message I want the address the > message > was sent to to be the address sent from. > > But, OL keeps using the default address. > Outlook by default uses the address the email was sent to as the account that r...

Attachment Mailing Alert
Exchange server 2003 with Outlook 2000 clients. Is it possible to have an alert message sent to one or more clients whenever a certain file type is sent to or received from an external address as an attachment. I am trying to control the sending and receiving of drawing files. TIA Phil ...

excel spreadsheet #3
there are 3 sheets in an excel spreadsheet say the names are 1,2 AND3 layouts ar ethere for all 3 sheets. the first sheet is used as input and based on certain fields , columns in the first sheet i need to populate entries in the second and 3 rd sheet. teh main purpose is taht based on the first sheet the 2 and 3 sheet should be automatically filled. wat kind of formula / macro should i be using .. im new to this and jsut know to create macro. CAn anybody help It is easy to pull values from one worksheet into another. Let's say that in Sheet1 cell A100 we have data we want to use in...

Preventing Spreadsheets from Email
Is it possible to prevent a spreadsheet which is saved on a shared drive from being downloaded, saved, then emailed; or simply just emailed from within Excel? no Jeff wrote: > Is it possible to prevent a spreadsheet which is saved on a shared drive from > being downloaded, saved, then emailed; or simply just emailed from within > Excel? An XL spreadsheet is a file like any other file. There is no way to stop people from copying or otherwise distributing it. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Jeff" wrote: > Is it possible to prevent a spreadsheet...

how do I edit delivery options on messages sent
In options how do I change/edit messages that I have already ordered to be sent at a later date? Simply double click them to open them from your Outbox folder. After making the changes make sure you press the Send button again. Another way to go would be to move them out of the Outbox folder and place them into the Drafts folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Jim ...

Error Mess when open spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet . There are no macros, When i open it I get an error message: It doe not display anythng and has while background, when i press ok it shuts. I get the following erro message. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 0167:308d0b99. Registers: EAX=00629c74 CS=0167 EIP=308d0b99 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00628684 EBP=0062868c ECX=00000002 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=215f EDX=00000008 ES=016f EDI=00629c74 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b ca 83 e1 03 f3 a4 5f 5e 5d c3 8b 4d 10 Stack dump: ffffffd8 00000000 00629db4 30251402 00629c74 00000000...

Networking excel spreadsheets error
We have 25 users all accessing a windows 2003 fileserver. Almost all of those users use excel extensively (with large linked spreadsheets many larger than 15mb). However, 2 of them are having recurring problems with approximately 3 spreadsheets. These spreadsheets lock up occasionally (sometimes after the first open, sometimes after a number of opens and closes). What happens is that any user opens these particular files, and finishes with them (sometimes making changes, sometimes not), they cannot then be re-opened. We get the annoying: "This file has been locked by another user do you...

How to extract cells from multiple spreadsheets into one new spreadsheet
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheets has somewhat similar data which I would like to list in one new spreadsheet which will update with any change to any of the other sheets. How can I do this? One thing that confuses me is that each sheet can have a different number of rows at any given day. So my new spreadsheet has to grow or shrink to accommodate the change in the quantity of data. Thanks in advance Guy Hi Guy Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm Delet the sheet and run the macro again to have a sheet that is up to date -- Regards Ron de Bruin http...

SETTING UP MAIL BOX
I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be in the signing up boxes. Thanks in anticipation of your advice. Geoff Hutchinson "GEOFF HUTCHINSON" <geoffpat@sky.com> wrote in message news:OhAMOwayKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and >incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be >in the signing up boxes. > > Thanks in anticipa...

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Forwarding Mail from Public Folders using OWA (Exch 2003)
Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major limitation to me. John LeMay wrote: > Is there a way to forward messages from a public folder when using OWA > in Exchange 2003? There is a reply to option, and I can find a forward > option in certian windows but it is greyed. Sounds like a major > limitation to me. So I did some additional poking around. Seems this is "by design" according to MS: http://sup...

can't find how to confirm e mail address
i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address Outlook can't really help in that effort. What provider are you using for your email? "newcomer" <newcomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C58BB8B-64E8-4F62-B223-54D946846A9A@microsoft.com... >i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address ...

Publisher
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything, I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the merge feature and activate it for a ...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

Can not send e-mail #2
I can receive email but am unable to send email. What do I need to do to resolve this problem? We are having a similar problem here. The mail shows up in the SENT folder but a while later we sometimes get an e-mail saying the mail was not delivered. Many of the sent e-mails, though, just end up in limbo. The strange thing is that only a few people have this problem in an office where everyone is configured the same - same POP/SMTP server, same Outlook settings. For some, changing the SMTP server seemed to help even though it didn't make any sense. We don't know if it's a...

HELP: cannot access inbox/sent items
When I open the application and click on any mailbox, I get a Windows Write Protect Error: The disk cannot be written to because it is write protected: please remove the write protection from the volume XXXX in drive \device\harddisk\DR2 Help, anyone? Thanks! ...

new mail not going to the top
Using windows explorer - vista - new mail goes sny place within the older mail. -- lois "lois" <lois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CA74F79-31FE-4B2C-BC7F-DDB4F1FB750A@microsoft.com... > Using windows explorer - vista - new mail goes sny place within the older > mail. > -- > lois You can sort incoming mail in several ways, as single messages or group them by conversation. You can also sort it by each individual column, Subject, From, To, Receive etc simply by clicking on the title of the column heading name, once to sort ...

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...