how do i make the excel chart axis title boxes bigger?

The text is often truncated as though it were too long for the box.  If I
reduce the font the titles are often too small to read.  How do I "grow" the
boxes to accomodate longer strings?

Perhaps try Andy Pope's response to a similar past query:
http://tinyurl.com/7sz94

--
Rgds
Max
"Patrick98001" <Patrick98001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The text is often truncated as though it were too long for the box.  If I
> reduce the font the titles are often too small to read.  How do I "grow"
the
> boxes to accomodate longer strings?

0
demechanik (4694)

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Combo Box problem 02-15-10
Hi I have 3 tables and 3 associated forms in an 2007 access database. On each form is a combo box "Name Search" so that one can input 2 or 3 letters of a surname and get a drop down list of names matching the input. All three Combo Boxes were set up in an identical manner using the wizard. The Main Menu has three buttons where you choose which table (or dbase) you wish to query. I now have a situation where 2 of the 3 combo boxes will not accept input (i.e. do not work) If I copy the Row Source from the one combo box that always works to one of the other two...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

Stacking data from within a series within a bar chart
Hi there, For a stacked bar chart (not the 100% stacked bar chart), is there a way to stack the data within a series and make each series a different bar within the bar chart, instead of vice versa which appears to be the Excel default (e.g. In Excel, the highlighted values for a series become separate bars, and each subsequent series is stacked upon this preceding series dependent upon the order of the highlighted values)? If not, can I move around my bars so that some are more adjacent to particular bars and not so close to others? If this isn't clear, I've tried to specify ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Chart on a different sheet
I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart: A1 A8 A15 A22 etc I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such yo shhet 6 =Sheet2!:a1 =sheet2!a8 etc etc Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is becoming very long. Thanks In Sheet6, Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2: =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6) Copy B2 down as far as required. B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1 B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8 and so on -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "pcor" wrote: >...

making tickets

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

Customer Feedback chart
I need to create a customer feedback chart. They have had to complete a comment card by answering excellent, good, average, poor and bad for a series of items. How can I input this data into excel and then show the results in a pie chart? The pie chart needs this data: Excellent XXX Good XXX Average XXX Poor XXX Bad XXX Select the data and use the Chart Wizard (chart-like button on the standard toolbar, or use Insert menu > Chart) to create a pie chart. If your data is like: CUSTOMER RATING Customer A Excellent Customer B Average Customer C Po...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

Pivot Chart #7
In Pivotchart, Everytime I press the refresh button,How can I keep the same chart type I like? (but not a default chart). Thanks. XL retains only certain aspects of a customized PivotChart. One option would be to create a macro that does the customization you want. The other is to create a normal chart from the data in a PT. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <418a01c4a015$75c998c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > In Pivotchart, Every...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Several Pivot Charts One Sheet of Data
Is there an easy way to create several pivot charts off of one database in the same document? Everytime I change one chart, the others change too. The pivot chart and pivot table are linked, so changing one changes the other. Copy your pivot table, and make a new chart based on the copy. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "michelerocks" <michelerocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92A0209-F5CB-4120-B255-5E867625D8A7@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to create severa...

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...