how do i make subcolumbs with in a columb with 2003 excell

?
0
jsm (3)

I don't know what you mean by "subcolumns", but it doesn't sound like
anything supported by Excel. Perhaps you could provide an explanation and
example of exactly what you are looking for.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"jsm" <jsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>?

0
chip1 (1821)

2002 to 2003 No Pivot Table?
Running my Access 2002 mdb in Access 2003 Pro SP1. I want to create a Pivot Table but don't have the PivotTable View Button. How do I create a Pivot Table? Can't find the answer in Acess Help, and my Access 2002 book is clearly of no help. Help, please. Traderv -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com ...

Outlook 2003 offline settings
I want disable offline folder settings for the exchange server, but the "disable offline use" button is inactive. Can anybody help? Um, ask in an Exchange group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | I want disable offline folder settings for the exchange | server, but the "disable offline use&q...

2003 Recovery Storage Group Query
Can anyone confirm for me if it is ok to mount your live main storage group as your recovery storage group on another exchange server? On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:03:03 -0700, Colin Graham <ColinGraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone confirm for me if it is ok to mount your live main storage group >as your recovery storage group on another exchange server? If they are in same admin group, you should be able to. thanks Andy - will there be any impact on performance on the live server mate? "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:03:03 -0700...

Exchange 2003
I have a web/email server running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchagne 2003 and we host email for multiple clients. I can't find a way to have their real name display on email in Exchange clients in the same network (or web mail). I had to be able to have two or more users with the name 'Chris Miller'. I thought that by using a naming convention on the username (ie cmpChrisMiller) and then putting in Chris Miller for first and last name would accomplish this, but that is not the case. When I tried that, it said the name was already in use. So I conclude that a unique u...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Can I stop rounding in excel?
I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I turn the rounding feature off? Jmadden wrote: > I am doing come calculations and end up with 139.7 for example. If I format > the cell as a number with no decmial points it automatically rounds up to > 140. Normally this is ok, but in this case I don't wnat it to round. Can I > turn the rounding feature off? If you format the cell as "gener...

Website Author Name Details in FP 2003
Hi, Can one insert/change the FrontPage Website Author name in a FP file? Like one can insert the Author name in MS Word (i.e. File, Properties, Author..)??? Thanks. Michael Hutch No FP does not support that because it uses the FP site credentials for managing the "author" -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Michael Hutch" <MichaelHutch@discussions.microsoft.com...

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Make Default

2003 SP3
I read one posting that said the > or other such formats is what causes your drop down box text to not be shown. I can't remove these as we rely on all the data being in upper case for formality purposes. I read another article that said the following hotfix fixes some of the problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 I looked it up and it says: 945280 Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install office 2003 Service Pack 3 I have not values visable, but they are there - does anyone know if this fix is the ...

Project Server 2003 and IE8
Hi, we are running Project Server 2003 SP1 with IE6 and are planning to update to Internet Explorer 8. Is this scenario supported? Which IE settings do we have to configure? Is there an officical statement from Microsoft? Thanks, Adrian -- Adrian Miller ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Exchange 2003 / Interbase (firebird)
Hi, We have Firebird running on a few sbs servers at different customers. runs ok, but after a restart, exchange System Attendant (mad.exe) takes a range of ports i.e. 3045 - 3055, sometimes lower, sometimes higer. but it always overlaps de firebird port (3050). Firebird cannot start correctly and no client can connect to the database. when i stop the system attendant, restart firebird, start sa, firebird sits on 3050 OK and exchange just picks an other port. no problem. but i don't want to do that every time a have a restart. now i think there are 2 options: - make exchange services d...

Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003
We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a message saying " You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy settings." Microsoft's solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 This works if we add the reg keys to current user but we are looking for a solution that would apply to all users. When we add the keys to the default user it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a >mes...

Exchange 2003 Transaction logs
Ahh the joys of being an Exchange 2k3 newbie... I am trying to purge about 20 gig of commited transaction logs by running a full backup using NTBACKUP.EXE. I have a couple of Exchange books that say that this should work. I have now run three full backups but none of the logs have been pruged. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance, Rand Soper are you certain these are transaction log files? where are they located, and what are they named? 20 gigabytes of transaction log files is an awful lot...sounds like maybe they are message tracking logs, instead... "Rand Soper&qu...

making tickets

2000 migrate to 2003
I have a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 site that wants to upgrade to 2003. We are planning to use new equipment for the exchange server and a file server, and reuse 4 additional servers. What is the best practice upgrade the exchange server first or the AD Doesn't make much difference, especially if you are planning to upgrade both within a short time frame. However, either way, I'd recommend to run Exchange 2003 Forestprep first. That way, if you do decide to upgrade your DC's to Windows 2003 first, you won't end up with mangled attributes. http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Outlook 2003 not responding when clicking on an e-mail with attachment
Hi, I am running Outlook 2003 on Microsoft XP. After reading various posts on this same problem, I figured the problem had to do with Winfax. I have Winfax 10.02 which is the updated version for Microsoft XP. The posts hint that the problem has to do with winfax but nobody posted a solution. I need both these programs on the computer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance - nb. See if this information helps. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "nuj baf" <nujbaf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d38d1b37.0404081330.17195721@posting.googl...

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Custom Application performance dll : NOT working on Perfmon 2003
I have a performance dll which pulls up custom counters from my application as per the performance dll spec. It works fine with XP and shows values when invoked by perfmon. When my application is run on windows 2003 the perfmon of 2003 does not show any values. It shows "---" for values. If the same process that is running on win 2003 is monitored from a perfmon of XP it shows the right values. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks in advance ...

Can I run a histogram with non-numeric data in Excel?
Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. Not directly, but you could easily cobble something together. The histogram created by the Analysis ToolPak is a custom bar chart based on a table. You could easily modify that table after creation to use your desired labels and count text frequencies by using COUNTIF(). Jerry QATegan wrote: > Example: E01a, E01b, E02a, E03a would be the bins. ...

OL 97 & 2003 compatibility
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003 S&T. All items in my old OL 97 Outlook.pst file were imported to OL 2003, with just one obscure anomaly. Each of my 129 memos, regardless of their total size, have the last two characters of text truncated!?! What's up with that??? Thanks in advance. My problem is with Outlook "NOTES" vice memos. Sorry, I got confused with PALM nomenclature. >-----Original Message----- >I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003 S&T. All >items in my old OL 97 Outlook.pst file were imported to OL >2003, with ju...

Problem with Money 2003 report
I am trying to make a report with Money 2003, I hae used this program for some time. I used Money 2002 prior to this. Up till now I have been ale to make a report by going to "Reports", "What I Have", "Account Balance History". Now I am getting a error message "There Has Been an Error Reading or Writing the File '.'" and a small window apperars "MSMONEY, with a yellow triangle and a !" When clicking the OK box or the Close X, nothing happens. I have to use the Windows Task Manager to close it out. Can someone help. I need to ma...