How do I make each row add up seperatly? Please make it easy...

I have never set up anything on excel before.  My job has always had  it
ready for me.  I want to do this to help me figure out how much I will need
for my baking ingredients for the holidays.  I thought that I could put a row
for sugar,  and then for everything I am making with sugar type in 3/4 cup
and 1 1/2 cups then at the end of all the sugar items have it add how much I
will need.  Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up??  Please make
it easy I am not computer smart at all.
0
Maker (6)

I'm willing to take this project on! Why don't you email what you have to
ng@officearticles.com, and we'll go from there? Then, we'll upload it on my
server for all the cookie bakers out there. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Homeade baker and candy maker" <Homeade baker and candy
maker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have never set up anything on excel before.  My job has always had  it
> ready for me.  I want to do this to help me figure out how much I will
> need
> for my baking ingredients for the holidays.  I thought that I could put a
> row
> for sugar,  and then for everything I am making with sugar type in 3/4 cup
> and 1 1/2 cups then at the end of all the sugar items have it add how much
> will need.  Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up??  Please
> make
> it easy I am not computer smart at all.

0
ng1 (1444)

Make Default

making a transfer show up in the budget

Autofilter includes extra row
Just recently Autofilter has started including the last row of data in the sheet, even though this row does NOT contain the filter criteria. Anything I can do? George Gee Do you have a hidden blank row or a very narrow blank row above the last row? Deal with that. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:16:09 +0100, "George Gee" <georgegee@nomaps.com> wrote: >Just recently Autofilter has started including the last row of data in the >sheet, even though this row does NOT contain the filter criteria. > >Anything I can do? > >George Gee >...

Wrapping A Long Row
I'm a newcommer to Excel and have a sheet with a long row of data (ove 1,000 entries). It would be nice if there was a way to wrap the lis into columns on a sheet so that the actual report isn't so many page with emty space around the data. Is there a way to do this? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe this can help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Slowhand >" <<Slowhand.179z9a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

Moving Row data to sheet
I have an Excel problem and I was wandering if anyone could give m their 2 Cents worth. Let me explain. I will have 2 worksheets Lets say A and B. In Workshee A I have rows and rows of data. In worksheet B I want to create a for (not excels form one written in the spreadsheet itself no VB) that wil contain info from each row singly only. Like for example.... Sheet A : Row 1 Name, Phone, Address Row 2 Name, Phone, Address Sheet B: From highlighted row 1 Name Address What I would like is each time you click a row the info changes i sheet B. I know this is done in Access very easily with...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Lose row when clicking sort
I sorted a list of data that does not have specific headers. I sorte it according to column F. Next, I tried to resort the sam data....without fail, row 1 always gets deselected when I click o data-sort. Any ideas? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi "sowetoddid >" <<sowetoddid.165ybg@excelforum-nospam.com> , Then you must indicate that you do not have headers so that Excel will only sort what you want. That was probably not mentioned in the following but may be of interest. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm --- HTH, David McRitch...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

IF Statement, Group Adding, Please help me
I have a problem in using an If Statement and adding statement together. A B C D Carl 1 2 3 1 2 Luis 1 1 11 Jim 1 1 1 I am trying to make an if statement where if there is anything as in letters or words in column A, it will add whatever is in cell B and C. So the 2nd row plus the 3rd row plus the last row will equal to 7. Since the 3rd row has nothing in column A, it will not add C's value. I would need the answer in one cell that adds up the whole result to 7. Thanks for the help. Hard to do a SUMIF for criterion...

Auto complete a row
I would like to auto complete a row rather than just whats in a cell. The key words are in column A (medication) and in column B what its for etc so when you start typing a medication in if is already there then it will auto complete the cell and also bring the other data from the same row. many thanks Johnnyboy One of the standard database concepts says that you only need a column when the data that will be contained changes. Basically this means that there is no need for columns when the data inside it is always the same. In the simple case, We have two colum...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...

easy: readxml() with basic.net
hello, i use this code: Dim ds As New DataSet ds.ReadXml(Me.txtImportFile.Text) at the readxml line i have the following error: "FormatException" please help Any chance of posting the content of the xml that you are reading into the DataSet? ...