how do i make a value entered be * 2

I want to make the value of the number I enter be * 2
example: if I put in 1 i want it to equal 2 in my sum in another column
can anyone help me
0
BigAL921 (1)

BigAL921 Wrote:
> I want to make the value of the number I enter be * 2
> example: if I put in 1 i want it to equal 2 in my sum in another
> column
> can anyone help me

This is probably what you need. Enter this in, say, Cell B1

=2*A1

where A1 will contain any value that you want as your input.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495107

Make Default

conditional formatting #value!
Hi Is it possible to create a conditional formatting condition that can detect the condition of #VALUE! ? That is NOT the text string but the "error condition". What I am trying to highlight is that certain calculated values have not been correctly calculated on the sheet and need further investigation. Thanks Clive Hi Clive, Use the 'Formula Is' option on the conditional formating dialog and enter the following, assuming the cells is A1. =ERROR.TYPE(A1)=3 You can also use the Go To dialog (CTRL+G), Special... to locate cells with Errors. Cheers Andy Clive Long...

hide a section depending on bit value...
Hi 2 sections on a form: 'pers' and 'pers_kat' On the 'pers' section I have a bit (yes/no) radio button that I would like to be the trigger to hide/show the 'pers_kat' section incl. the attributes On the pers_kat there's 6 different attributes - the attributes name are: hw_pl_komp1 hw_pl_komp2 hw_pl_komp3 hw_pl_komp4 hw_pl_komp5 hw_pl_komp6 the: //hide section crmForm.all.ap_pl_komp1_c.parentElement.parentElement.style.display='none'; //show section crmForm.all.ap_pl_komp1_c.parentElement.parentElement.style.display=''; won't work....

making a transfer show up in the budget

RUS problems #2
I'm receving this error on Exchange 2003 clustered environment(error listed below). I've notice that the error doesn't appear on one of the two active servers. I have gone through several KB articles (KB 290419, 813877, and 839912, 254030) none of which have worked. Any suggestions are needed. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 7/7/2005 Time: 8:24:16 AM User: N/A Computer: Active server Description: LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction dn: CN=Recipient Update Service (CO...

Weird CString Problem #2
Hi List, does anyone knows why this LPCTSTR Message = "Error Malformed XML"; m_Parent->GetConnectSocket()->Send("Test",sizeof("Test")+1); can cause an exception like this: Unhandled exception at 0x0040597e in FCS.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000002e4. Same exception when trying this: CString Message = "Error Malformed XML"; m_Parent->GetConnectSocket()->Send((LPCSTR)Message,Message.GetLength()); It seems every time I try to use CString in Parameters this causes an exception. Even when it goes like void MyFun...

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Reversing name values in a field
Hi, I have a field called CustomerName that has values that are last name, first name. So there is a value of Smith, John which is John Smith. I want to preserve the value in this field but create a new field called CustomerName1 that has John Smith in it. It would need to somehow reverse the values based on the comma delimeter and then get rid of the comma. Can someone help? Thanks, -- Chuck W LN = Left$(CustomerName, InStr(CustomerName, ",") - 1) FN = Right$(CustomerName, Len(CustomerName) - InStr(CustomerName, ",")) -Dorian "ChuckW" wrote:...

Macro/keyboard shortcut to increment a cell value
I would like to set up a keyboard shortcut (e.g., Ctrl+I) that would increment the value of the selected cell by 1. Can someone get me started by pointing me in the right direction? I have some experience creating simple macros in Word, if that is what's needed. Thanks -- PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) LAN: P2P with an HP Vectra workstation Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) One way is to make a macro and assign the shortcut key to it: Option Explicit Sub AddOneToActiveCell() With ActiveCell If IsNumeric(.Value) Then .Value = .Val...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Ignoring Negative Values
Like all things in Excel there must be a way... Given a column of numbers (say for simplicity 5 numbers) how can you use a formula to sum them and ignore any that are negative? (e.g. four of our 5 numbers are 5 and the other is -5 I want my formula to display 20 and not 15 or 25). Thanks. =SUMIF(A1:A5,">0") Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "solomon_monkey" <solomonmonkey@aol.com> wrote in message news:1119083876.413478.65430@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Like all things in Excel there must be a way... > > Given a column of numbers (say for simp...

Loan Payments Show Overdue After Payments Are Entered
I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule. I set the payment type to Write Check. I download transactions from my bank and select Loan Payment: Loan Name as the Category for my payment and then Accept. The transactions enter properly into the loan schedule. Bills and Deposits status consistently shows the payments are overdue. I have to manually Skip Payment for each one to get rid of the warnings. Input please! Anyone? On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:27:24 -0500, Kris <asdf@asdf.net> wrote: >I set up a loan with a monthly payment schedule. I set the payment >type to Write C...

Irregular formation of numbers #2
Thanks everyone for your responses.. it has made a complicated issue very simple.. Thanks agai -- Diamonell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Diamonelle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1275 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=24486 Diamonelle, Your gratitude is appreciated. I don't know what your question was originally. I thought I'd mention that this post seems to be an orphan. It appears you've posted it as a new post, rather than in the original thread, ...

Routing Group Connector Problem #2
I've been having a problem with a routing group connector for quite some time now and have been working around it with a SMTP connector. My setup is two routing groups; two servers in one group and one server in another. I used to have a routing group connectors between the two routing groups, but one of them stopped working (the connector from the two server group to the one server group). The other connector is still working fine. If I look at the connector under Queues in System Manager I see "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS" in the Additional queue in...

Track email to 2 accounts
I don't think it's possible but can an email be tracked to 2 accounts. The customer have a vendor and a customer account where some people need the information on the vendor and some others on the account. Kinda tricky but is there somehow a workaround to this. Jack Hi, As far as regarding field is concerned, you can only select one record there. But if you send an email to two accounts than you will see that email activity in both accounts's activites (Activites or History) as that email is emailed to both. An email activity comes in all the views of the records which ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

E-mail Alerts #2
I want to configure e-mail alerts for all users in my domain using outlook. Is there any way i can do this from one location ...

I wish to assign Quantity the value of [Quantity]-[OrderAmt]
Hello I have a some related tables (and the relationships work fine on the form) two of the fields are [tblBrochures]![Quanity] and [tblOrders]![OrderAmt], both the fields are "single" and bound I wish to assign Quantity the value of [Quantity]-[OrderAmt] Can you tell me how to do this please? Thanks Tony, Ummm, could be me but I don't get it... Did you mean you want to show the Balance in a Text Box? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://ww...