How do I increase the text size of an Excel cell?

Hi guys,

Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted it
into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated?

I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and
hasn't fixed this simple problem.

Mike
Web Developer and Catholic Apologist
http://www.faithfulchristians.net

I think this is by design. Not everyone would want the whole column resized
because of a single truncated cell.

"Mike_Humphrey" <Mike_Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> Situation: I had a memo size field in MS Access. When I copied and pasted
> it
> into an MS Excel cell the text gets truncated?
>
> I can't believe that Microsoft has had about 5-6 versions of Excel and
> hasn't fixed this simple problem.
>
> Mike
> Web Developer and Catholic Apologist
> http://www.faithfulchristians.net

0
Vasant

Limit the size of a users pst file
How can i limit the size of a users pst file. I want them to be able to burn it to CD Thanks in advance Karen I don't believe you can limit it. Karen wrote: > How can i limit the size of a users pst file. I want them > to be able to burn it to CD > > Thanks in advance > Karen Karen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i limit the size of a users pst file. I want them > to be able to burn it to CD Ask them to keep it below 600 Mb and if it's larger, to split it into multiple PSTs, each of which is below 600 Mb. -- Brian Tillman Smi...

Copying non-contiguos cells.
How can I copy and paste data in non contiguos cells? I tried to copy using the CTRL + mouse but when I try to copy doesn't appear... Any suggestions? Thanks a lot. Alex P.S. I wouldn't use macros. Axl, You can copy in the usual way, but when you paste, all the cells will be brought together, so you can't paste data in non-contiguous cells. -- HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Axl" <axl_mac@libero.it> wrote in message news:40b2a2a1.0402030646.417330b5@posting.google.com... > How can I copy and paste data in non contiguos cells? > > I tried to copy using t...

line spacing w/in a text box
I'm having difficulty with line spacing within a textbox. I go to the Format menu and click line spacing and even if I adjust between lines and before & after paragraphs I still have way too much space between the lines. I'm designing a business card and am having to use a separate text box for each line on the card. I'd like to have just one text box for everytthing on the card. Can anybody help? THANKS! Barbara wrote: > I'm having difficulty with line spacing within a > textbox. I go to the Format menu and click line spacing > and even if I adjust...

Search If on text string
B2 through B6 contain a string consisting of last names: B2 - Jamison, Gooden, Blatche, Foye, Miller B3 - Butler, Jamison, Blatche, Foye, Miller B4 - Butler, Jamison, Haywood, Foye, Miller B5 - Butler, Jamison, Haywood, Foye, Miller B6 - Jamison, Gooden, Haywood, Foye, Miller In column G, I want to place a formula that returns a 1 if "Gooden" is one of names listed in column B or a zero if "Gooden" is not listed. Can anyone help? Thanks, Bob =if(iserror(search("Gooden",b2,1))=true,0,1) Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva ...

Screen sizes are not supporint my program
Hi all, I developed a program in Access, and now I am implementing it I got one PC with 15inch screen my forms are big for that monitor (all command buttons are not showing on the screen) but working good on 17 inch where I developed. Please advise solution which fits all size of screens. Thanks in advance ...

Printing issue in Excel Sheet
Hi Friends, When ever i am giving a print job, it is printing page with my name as a cover page for the print job. If i give a single page as 5 copies, it is printing 5 cover pages. It it is 50, it is giving 50 cover pages where i am not able to remove this settings. Please give me some idea about this. -- Thanks & Regards Vijayaraj V System Engineer Vijay wrote: > Hi Friends, > When ever i am giving a print job, it is printing page with my name as a > cover page for the print job. If i give a single page as 5 copies, it is > printing 5 cover pages. It it is 50, i...

Sum variable range of column entries in offset cell
Hi chaps, I’m trying to look up a column of values from an offset cell and sum the column values (or depending on formula used, work out the average, median or mode of the data range in the column). The hard bit is I need to specify (using a variable number value in another cell) how many cells up from the bottom of the column are included in my calculations. Here’s a simplified example to (hopefully) try and explain more clearly: A B C D E F G 1 5 2 2 5 3 0 4 3 5 1 6 ...

Excel XP Word Wrap Problem
I have a lot of text in cells. I want the text to wrap. I have turned on Format > Cells > Alignment > Wrap Text. But all I get is a string of number signs (#######) across the width of the cell, and the text does not wrap. What am I doing wrong? Check the coloumn width, also check if the text entered is in 'text mode. Go to format by right click and check -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ray Format the cells to General. Usually clears this up. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 11 Apr 2004 21:00:11 -0700, ray-woodcock@usa.net (Ray Woodcock) wrote: >I have a ...

Creating ID with numbers and text
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to Access but I need some help. I need to create an ID number using first 3 letters of a name followed by 3 numbers that create a unique ID. Is there a way of doing this in the expression builder? Many thanks, I don't think so. You would have to use some VBA. In a case like this, it would be better to use two fields; one for the letters and another for the numbers. You can create an index on the two fields. To get the next available number where the 3 letters are the same, you can do something like this: Private Function NextIdNumber() As Long N...

Blank Cell instead of #N/A
Hi, =VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2) Is there a way to show "blank cell" instead of #N/A in the cell "A40"? Thanks Try: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2)) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:172f821a-f265-4032-a542-8f0ef893e5bd@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > =VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2) > > Is there a way to show "blank cell&q...

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Add New Font in Excel
Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of fonts Excel presents when reformatting cells? Thanks in advance! -- Fred 2002 Excel will use the fonts that are installed in Windows. So you have to install the font. windows start button|control panel|Font applet File|install new font Fred 2002 wrote: > > Is there a way for me to add a new font in Excel? I have downloaded the font > (truetype) I want to use for a project. How (or can) I add it to the list of > fonts E...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

Finding text
I'm recording a macro to use across multiple documents. One task of the macro is to select a text string in the document and then take actions with multiple occurances of that string. The "non-programmed" way of doing this is to select the string, copy it, open the find box, and paste the string into the find window and click "Find Next." When I record these actions, the actual selected text gets saved into the macro as follows: With Selection.Find .Text = " Selected text" The next time I run the macro, in another file, wit...

File size and server limit
A spreadsheet I am building has reached a painful size of 32MB where am getting calls from IT on a daily basis as the file ties up most o the resources on the server. Anyone has any idea on size limitation and speed? A better question may be, if I were to modify the spreadsheet, what' the minimal amount of MB's I need to reduce to be speed efficien without congesting server? Thanks for any input -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To continue with earlier post, the function "sum if" is being use throughout the spreadsheet - is this a taxing function in t...

Rich Text Signature
Ho do I add Rich Text signature for my outgoing mail. Thanks Create your signature in a file on your PC (save it anywhere, just remember where). Then utilize Tools - Options - Signature tab to bring in that file (note the "Browse" button). Also, if you click the "Advanced" button you will have options in regard to which email account or newsgroup that signature applies. You can have multiple signatures. "Kumar Dheeraj" <Kumar Dheeraj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3735BB37-F9B0-4A4E-95F4-222384D0B5EF@microsoft.com... ...

Can you layer text over a graphic in MS Publisher?
If I want to make a background with a graphic, can I do this and layer text over it? Yes, just make the text frame transparent. Terje "kdb" <kdb@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:72260AD8-39C1-495B-BF2C-6E42BC63F57B@microsoft.com... > If I want to make a background with a graphic, can I do this and layer text > over it? > > ...

Query SQL server db with cell value parameter
I want to supply criteria value using a cell on the spreadsheet to contain a date. Can't seem to figure out how to do this. On the Connections - Properties - Definition dialog, "Parameters" is grayed out. ...

Text issue on export
I have a field in access that does calcuations. When I export data along with this field into excel the exported data is set as text, I need it to be a value, how can I correct this in access before it hits excel? That could mean that the calculations you do are written in a text field. How do you export to Excel? If it via a query you could try placing: Val([calculation]) in your queryfield, where calculation is the field with the calculations in it. If you store it in a table (which you shouldn't with calculations) you should set the datatype to numeric or double... -- Maurice A...

Importing text more than 65536 having delimiter functions
Would like to import large text files over 65536 lines onto multiple worksheets with delimiting, pls help Hi Ian this KB article describes a macro which splits the textfile into several worksheets http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 Though written for Excel 95, changes for Excel 97+ are noted HTH Frank Ian wrote: > Would like to import large text files over 65536 lines onto multiple > worksheets with delimiting, pls help Hi Ian here's some code from Bernie Deitrick that I use sometimes (though I rather would split the CSV files in a text editor) ...

How do I copy a date from excel to a outlook calender?
I am looking to produce a spreadsheet with various amounts of data on. One of the bits of data will be appointment dates. Can Excel, (or any other database) update outlook appointments with either little on no user intervention? If so, how? ...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

Does any one have a reciept template for excel?
I am looking for a reciept template for excel. A loan repayment reciept actually. Try this link... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx "BJ" wrote: > I am looking for a reciept template for excel. A loan repayment reciept > actually. ...

Excel 2010 Worksheet Protect method
I have a workbook developed in Excel 2003. Now in Excel 2010 my Workbook_Open macro is getting error 1004, Application-defined or object-defined error. The line that the debugger points to is Worksheets("Attendance").Protect Contents:=True Was there some change in Excel 2007 or 2010 that invalidated the above? From reading Excel 2010 help it sure looks like the above is still valid. Yes, I really do have a worksheet called "Attendance". (In the immediate window I typed ?worksheets("attendance").name and it responded Attendance.) Macros are enabled...