how do i increase the rows in a excel balance sheet?

i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i
can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/
0
dass (1)

"dass" <dass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i
> can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/

Could you be a bit more specific? Excel (at least in 2003 and prior) has
over 60 THOUSAND rows. What EXACTLY do you mean by "can't enter more than 12
rows"?

0
gbplinux (1141)
5/18/2007 6:37:13 AM
Excel 95 and earlier had 16,384 = 2^14 rows.
Excel 97 through Excel 2003 had 65,536 = 2^16 rows.
Excel 2007 has 1,048,576 = 2^20 rows.

These numbers cannot be altered in any way (either up or down).  In
particular, Gordon is correct that the issue is not the number of rows in
Excel, but rather what the OP is trying to do relative to the setup of the
template, which goes beyond the information provided by the OP.

Jerry

"Gordon" wrote:

> "dass" <dass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i
> > can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/
>

> Could you be a bit more specific? Excel (at least in 2003 and prior) has
> over 60 THOUSAND rows. What EXACTLY do you mean by "can't enter more than 12
> rows"?

0
post_a_reply (1395)
5/18/2007 10:00:01 AM
"Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
> Excel 95 and earlier had 16,384 = 2^14 rows.
> Excel 97 through Excel 2003 had 65,536 = 2^16 rows.
> Excel 2007 has 1,048,576 = 2^20 rows.
>
> These numbers cannot be altered in any way (either up or down).  In
> particular, Gordon is correct that the issue is not the number of rows in
> Excel, but rather what the OP is trying to do relative to the setup of the
> template,

We don't even know that the OP is using a template!
(I never used to, for balance sheets......)

0
gbplinux (1141)
5/18/2007 10:42:53 AM
Hi Gord

I think the OP is referring to the Balance Sheet template included
(certainly with XL2003)
This is not a Balance Sheet in the strict Accounting terminology that
you (and I) might expect, as it is not a statement of the Assets and
Liabilities of the business.

All it is, is a simple account Balance, made up of Receipts and
payments.
The Template is shown as 12 rows.

In order to insert extra rows, just choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect
Sheet
There is no password.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
>> Excel 95 and earlier had 16,384 = 2^14 rows.
>> Excel 97 through Excel 2003 had 65,536 = 2^16 rows.
>> Excel 2007 has 1,048,576 = 2^20 rows.
>>
>> These numbers cannot be altered in any way (either up or down).  In
>> particular, Gordon is correct that the issue is not the number of
>> rows in
>> Excel, but rather what the OP is trying to do relative to the setup
>> of the
>> template,
>
> We don't even know that the OP is using a template!
> (I never used to, for balance sheets......)

0
roger5293 (1125)
5/18/2007 11:37:08 AM
"Roger Govier" <roger@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Gord
>
> I think the OP is referring to the Balance Sheet template included
> (certainly with XL2003)
> This is not a Balance Sheet in the strict Accounting terminology that you
> (and I) might expect, as it is not a statement of the Assets and
> Liabilities of the business.
>
> All it is, is a simple account Balance, made up of Receipts and payments.
> The Template is shown as 12 rows.
>
> In order to insert extra rows, just choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect
> Sheet
> There is no password.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier

Ah. Thanks for the insight..... :-)

0
gbplinux (1141)

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

How do I ceate a template in excel?
When I save a work sheet as a template and then open that template, I get the wrk sheet with all the orignal numbers, not a blank form/ What am I doing wrong? There's information on the Microsoft web site that explains how to set up and use a template: Create and maintain Excel templates http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548141033.aspx In the template, you should clear all the cells in which users will enter data. Cole wrote: > When I save a work sheet as a template and then open that template, I get the > wrk sheet with all the orignal numbers, not a bla...

Excel Autoshape tool bar
I used the excel autoshape toolbar for the first time. Now the drop down toolbox always appears in excel spreadsheets. I can't get rid of it. In "View" "Toolbars" the only option I get is Customise, but it won't let me add or delete or modify my toolbars any more. Please help On the left edge of the toolbar (assuming it's on the top or bottom of the screen) you'll see a column of tiny hash marks. Position your mouse over it, and the mouse cursor will change to a 4-way arrow. Click on the toolbar and drag it into the middle of the screen. Then, a standard...

Setting cell tabulations( ranges) in excell
I would like to set a ranage for tabulation; the row starts with "Week day and ends with END". You can automatically tab from WEEK day to END but to speed things up I want the tab to go to the next row once it reaches" End". instead of going to the next empty cell on the same row. How can I set a tabulation range? Example: Week Day Date Shift Start Lunch In Lunch Out Shift End Wednesday 18-Aug-04 Thursday 19-Aug-04 If you select your cells (say B2:H999) first, you can tab between the cells in the selection. dizzy kay wrote: >...

Excel 2000 #25
Can anyone tell me where to go online to get an EXCEL 2000 tutorial. I have several listed at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorials --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "moneymom" <moneymom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FCBD3C2-88C9-4B63-BCB0-7D6E599D181B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me where to go online to get an EXCEL 2000 tutorial. ...

How do I view complete text content in an Excel Comment box?
When scrolling over comment boxes in Excel, I can only partially view note content. Is it possible to specifiy the size of the comment box OR is there any simple method available to view complete contents of comment box while scrolling over? Right-click>Edit Comment>Drag to re-size. Or re-size all using code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html#Resize Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 02:41:01 -0700, Deaglan1 <Deaglan1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When scrolling over comment boxes in Excel, I can only partially view note ...

Charting Software Better than Excel
I am in need of a charting/ graphing software package better than Exce and I am looking to buy about 5-10 licenses. Do you know of any you ca recommend? Thx Das -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dash, Many users are happy with SigmaPlot from http://www.spss.com/SPSSBI/Sigmaplot/ Bernard "dashkoko >" <<dashkoko.14q3mi@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dashkoko.14q3mi@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am in need of a charting/ graphing software package better than Excel > and I am looking to buy about 5-10 licenses. Do you know of any you ...

Open Excel MS Works 2001
I tried to open an Excel Spread Sheet I created elsewhere with my MS Works 2001 SpreadSheet program an error: "Wkss has caused an error in MSVCRT.DLL" I closed that and got a second error: "Wkss has caused an error in WKSSFRM.DLL." How can I do this without having to install a version of Excel to MS Office 2000 to view the file?? BTW - I am running a desktop wiht Windows ME Basically, MS Works and MS Excel are not compatible. Try saving the spreadsheet in .txt format and opening it in MS Works. I have no idea if this will work, but wanted to mention that MS ...

How do I break links in Excel 2000?
I can information on how to break links in Excel 2003, but I don't have the option to break links in Excel 2000. Hi for an addin see: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "djodz13" <djodz13@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2411D00D-F72C-4955-8768-0C60B4D2780D@microsoft.com... > I can information on how to break links in Excel 2003, but I don't have the > option to break links in Excel 2000. ...

publish Excel chart image to WebDav folder
Is it possible to publish gifs of Excel charts to a WebDav folder? I was using the following to publish to a file share but now need to go to WebDav. ChartItem.Export WebReport & ".gif", "GIF", False thanks LJB ...

Convert works database to excel
Is there a way to copy information from a Microsoft Works database to Microsoft Excel worksheet? ...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

Finding sheet one
A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only 2 & 3; how do I retrieve sheet one? try format>sheet>unhide -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote in message news:OrZ6zHLzEHA.2200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > A worksheet I need has dissapeared - no longer does 'Sheet one' show, only 2 > & 3; how do I retrieve sheet one? > > Format>Sheet>Unhide? Or maybe you deleted it, in which case it is gone if you have saved the workbook since. Gord Dibben ...

how can I make the print size larger to read on excel spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that I can not read because it is printing too small and not taking up the entire page for printing. It is wasting space on the paper and I can not read. If I use the % it does not all fit onto one page. A co-worker corrected this for me before but now she is no longer here. Help!! can you try the below options? - Landscape under Page Setup - instead of using % try the 'Fit to' X page(s) wide by Y tall? -kc *Click YES if this helps "GP" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that I can not read because it is printing too small and >...

Random numbers in Excel
Hi to everyone I would like to apply a general formula in Excel, in order to create random (real and decimals) numbers in a cell range (lets say A1:A100) between NUM_low – Num_up. (Lets say NUM_low = - 1873,43 NUM_up. = 7654,77 ) P.S. ( The difficulty for me is how to manage the number of decimals 2,3,4 or more) Thank you. =randbetween(187343,7654.77)/100 -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FBC701D-AD6F-4283-B98A-7E499EF51A5E@microsoft.com... >...

Format all sheets in one Workbook
I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has offered on the formatting issue in Excel. If you would like to format all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you are currently viewing. I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from the file menu. It is the same thing as the repeat columns ...

Pasting Word table into Excel 2000
When I copy a table from Word 2002 and paste it into Excel 2000 for some reason each row in the table ends up occupying two rows i Excel. How can I get the table to paste properly -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >-----Original Message----- >When I copy a table from Word 2002 and paste it into Excel 2000 >for some reason each row in the table ends up occupying two rows in >Excel. How can I get the table to paste properly? > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. >Is the data really in two rows or are the row heighs en...

Excel 2003 autofill "object" eyesore #2
In Excel 2003 when I do an autofill (grab the corner of a cell and drag across several cells) I get an ugly autofill icon named "Auto Fill Options" that does not appear in earlier versions. this thing is useless and hideous - and I can't find a way to supress this eyesore so it no longer appears. Any ideas? Thanks! Steve I feel your pain.... :-) In Office XP, not sure if it's the same in all...but go to the Tools menu, select Options, choose the Edit tab, under settings on the right hand side, uncheck the box that says "Show Paste Option Buttons". Hav...

Excel Userform
I need help on getting my userform data into an Excel sheet. I have the nextrow macro but need to be able to have the userform data enter into specific cells or fields on an Excel spreadsheet. Any suggestions? Thanks! There are instructions for a sample UserForm here, including getting the data into worksheet cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html CC wrote: > I need help on getting my userform data into an Excel sheet. I have the > nextrow macro but need to be able to have the userform data enter into > specific cells or fields on an Excel spreadsheet. > Any su...

MS Excel creating inventory
I need to keep a running inventory of parts and material furnished to my company by the Government for repair work. Can I integrate barcode scanning and software into MS Excel? I think this would be much less laborious than manually inputting hunreds of items on hundreds of different jobs. Any help greatly appreciated. I did a google search...but not real sure which programs will integrate. ...

Excel 2007
Hi, I am hoping that someone can help me with two problems I am having in Excel 2007. The functionality of copying and pasting to and from filtered lists seems to be different from what I experienced in Excel 2003. Problem 1) Copying (with Ctrl-C) from one column in a filtered list into another column in the filtered list (with Ctrl-V) When I copy with Ctrl-C it selects the cells in the list that are visible (which is what I want) but when I paste those over another column in the same filtered list (I have not changed the filter settings) it pastes the data over cells that are not visible i...

View row and column headings
I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and column headings and the select all button. How do I re- display? Tools>Options>View tab>check the Row and Column Headers box>OK. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072b01c39939$984acb50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and > column headings and the select all button. How do I re- > display? ...

Display No. of Rows in Status Bar
Hello: I'm using Excel 2003. Up until recently, whenever I apply an autofilter, my status bar would display the number of rows returned, e.g.: "25 of 100 records found". For some reason it has stopped doing that, and now just says "Filter Mode". I right clicked on the status bar, and chose "Count". It didn't help. Right now I have it on "None", which is what it was on when the row count was displaying before. I don't believe I turned anything off, but I'd sure like to have that feature back. OBTW: I had this problem a mont...

Randomly Choose Cells from Colum/Row
hello. i'm not sure if this is possible, but i'm trying to randomly select multiple cells from a colum to be evaluated. for example, say i have a clumn of 10 cells. i'd like this function in another cell to select 3 cells from the 10 at random. is this possible? thanks In a column next to the column containing the ten data items enter: =RAND() and copy down. Touch F9 and then sort by the newly entered column. This will "randomize" your data. Just take the top three cells. Whenever you want a new sample, repeat the process -- Gary''s Student "J&qu...

how do i make a pool league table in excel
how do i make a pool league table in excel ie Player, games played games won games lost automaticly puts best player to top of the league ...