How do I get the word Group off my title bar?

Somehow I got the word Group on my title bar in excel, but I do not know how
I did it or how to get rid of it.
0
Jennifer1 (141)

Hi Jennifer,
Be very careful what you do with grouped sheets because anything
you do to one sheet will be done to all sheets.

right click on a sheet tab,   ungroup sheets.

You might want to save your file as a new file   File, save as
and compare what you have with what you had.   Because you have
probably seriously damaged your workbook if you made changes.
--
---
HTH,

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6036A064-ABE7-40EC-BBC9-E907026B5241@microsoft.com...
> Somehow I got the word Group on my title bar in excel, but I do not know how
> I did it or how to get rid of it.

Right click a sheet tab and select ungroup sheets, then save the wb
You selected more than one sheet and saved the wb

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somehow I got the word Group on my title bar in excel, but I do not know
> how
> I did it or how to get rid of it.

0
terre081 (3244)
8/28/2005 4:05:30 PM
Hi Jennifer,
After you have taken steps to avoid further damage by ungrouping.

You might want to read
   Fill-Handle, Replication and use of the Mouse
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm
 specifically
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#grouping

And about backing up your data files
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm
---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie_xlmvp@verizon.net> wrote in message news:evj6Hp%23qFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi Jennifer,
> Be very careful what you do with grouped sheets because anything
> you do to one sheet will be done to all sheets.
>
> right click on a sheet tab,   ungroup sheets.
>
> You might want to save your file as a new file   File, save as
> and compare what you have with what you had.   Because you have
> probably seriously damaged your workbook if you made changes.
> --
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6036A064-ABE7-40EC-BBC9-E907026B5241@microsoft.com...
> > Somehow I got the word Group on my title bar in excel, but I do not know how
> > I did it or how to get rid of it.

installing a non-MS font into word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, I'm trying to download a free font called scriptina <http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873> into word. It won't show up? I was able to get it to install into the text editor. any suggestions?? thanks! heatherc heatherc@officeformac.com wrote: > I'm trying to download a free font called scriptina > <http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2873> > into word. > > It won't show up? I was able to get it to install into the text editor. Install fonts in your ma...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

formula edit bar
all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does anyone know what I can do to restore?? Check it under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ed01c3d938$2d291950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does > anyone know what I can do to restore?? Thank you. Duh, how could I miss that! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Check it under view>formula bar > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"Scot" <anonymous...

A Crystal Beginner

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

Importing/parsing data from an external file in Word 2007 Macros
Hello! I am wondering if this is possible, and if so, how do I do it? What I want to do is this: I have a template, and I want to write a macro that will create a document based on this template by pulling data out of other files, formatting the data, and putting it in the appropriate section of the document. I have no experience with Word Macros or VBA, although I have programmed in VB.NET in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you! Kaiti You would need an AutoNew macro in the template that contained the code statements. Sub AutoNew() ActiveDocu...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Spinning Wait Cursor on Editing Word Documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Over the past few days in nearly all of my documents, when I begin editing old documents, or editing new documents, I get the Spinning Wait Cursor which lasts indefinitely (5min+). I have run through Disk and Permission Verifies and repairs and the problem persists. <br><br>Recommendations? Make sure that both Office & OS X are fully updated. It's pointless to chase symptoms if all updates haven't been done. You may also be experiencing a font conflict -- quite prevalent with Sno...

Get paid while you get online!!

Check Box Grouping
Hello, When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone know why this would happen? Ellen What happens if you change your Grouping and Sorting expression to: =IIf([YourYNFieldName],"A","B") -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "EllenM" wrote: > Hello, > When I group on a check box field, I get duplicate records. Would anyone > know why this would happen? > > Ellen Why would you group on a check box? I would think you would apply criteria only to get either Yes or No's. Post your que...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How to align footnote separator in WORD 7?
the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am writing in left aligned English. How can I change the separator alignment? Have you modified Normal style? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dvorab" <Dvorab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CB9979-9C44-4634-8E8F-3DA9C2B2B097@microsoft.com... > the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am > writing > in left ...

CRM 3.0 Upgraded Failed, AD Groups gone
I was upgrading to 3.0 (w2k3 sp1 and SQL 2005 on same machine, Exchange 2003 sp1) and it failed with the following error: ************ Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Login 'distributor_admin' owns one or more database(s). Change the owner of the database(s) before dropping the login. Changed database context to 'master'. Changed database context to 'NorthAmerica_MSCRM'. ************ After rebooting, the Repair option fails with "One or more Microsoft CRM groups were not specified". The help reveals the following solution: ...

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

How do I get??

Can't Read Word Attachments
I use Outlook 2003 (Rich-text) in my office and Agent 1.93 at home. I used to be able to send my home PC Word attachments, but now Agent is showing them as .dat files which I can't open with any program, even Word (the messages are scrambled). I didn't change any settings on either e-mail program. What can I do to make it possible to send Word attachments that I can read in Agent? Thanks! ~ narnia ~ wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 (Rich-text) in my office and Agent 1.93 at home. I > used to be able to send my home PC Word attachments, but now Agent is > showing them as .dat fil...

Get notified when Out of Office is on