How do I get an automatic equal sign to appear in the formula bar in Excel
for Microsoft 2003?  This happened for me in the 2000 version and I could
just click on it with my mouse pointer, but now all that appears is the
function sign with no equal sign after it.  It makes my job a lot more time
consuming to have to type in the equal sign while building formulas.  Please
help, anybody?
0
Belle (5)

The = icon disappeared in newer versions of excel (xl2002???).

You can add an = icon
Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category
(Scroll down the list until you find the = icon)

And drag it to your favorite toolbar (nicely positioned).

It's not quite the same, but maybe it'll be sufficient for you.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to get all computers ip address on LAN with MFC class?
Hello, I am making one network application which controls computers on LAN, it is for internet cafes, i have problem how to get computers ip address on LAN with MFC class? is there some mfc functions which could do it? anyone has some ideas ? thanks Here is what I would do, I would use NetServerEnum with SV_TYPE_WORKSTATION, to enumarate the network, and call gethostbyname/getaddrinfo to get the ip address from the name of the workstation. AliR. "cNetWork" <halmuratov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190995847.976667.58290@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, ...

How do I get my e-mails from @MSN.com to be delivered to Windows m
I don't know how to do it! Thanks Bruce To access Hotmail using Windows Mail, you have to access the POP3 servers. The required settings are here... http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry You need to use SSL, and authentication. I'd also suggest using port 587 for SMTP. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Bruce!" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E571A6-CFDC-48A3-A359-1AD3C46E359C@microsoft.com... > I don't know how to do it! > Th...

BP Requisition Mgmt: Getting 'Purchase Order Failure' error
I am getting the following error when trying to transfer a final-approved purchase request into a PO: Purchase Order Failure One or more business logic errors have occured. Please correct the errors to continue. Message The enum Microsoft.Dynamics.Payables.FreeOnBoard does not contain the value 0. Parameter name: FreeOnBoard Actual value was 0. ************************************** The message "The enum Microsoft..." appears 3 times in the dialogue. I am trying to transfer 4 line items. Has anyone ever gotten these errors? I am using Business Portal 2.5 with Great Plains 8...

Another Date Related Formula Question
I just can't seem to figure out which formula to use to make this work. I've got invoice dates in column D (D4:D233) and Invoice Amounts in column E (E4:E233). I need to do two things: count the number of invoices in each month, and sum the invoices for each month. I was able to get the count formula correct, as an example for January: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH($D$4:$D$223)=1)*1) But can not figure out how to SUM column E (invoice amounts) for each given month. Your assistance is appreciated. =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($D$4:$D$223)=1),$E$4:$E$233) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nother...

how do i have my formula wrap to the next row in excel
Hello to anyone that can help me. I'm trying to use excel to create a payment chart for my bills, so i would like to know how to have this formula wrap to the next row with the ending total. A+B-C-D-E=F and have the F wrap as the total wrap back to A and continue on through the cells Please help. Thank you for your time. Bobby That is not a formula to start with and you cannot wrap to the next row in any case. Say you have numbers in A1,B1,C1,D1,E1 In F1 enter =A1+B1-C1-D1-E1 If you posted a small sample of your data and layout, we could be more specific. Gord Dibben MS Exce...

Apply signed driver
Hi, We are a manufacturer of a USB device. The chipset supplier CANNOT provide a signed driver for 64-bit OS. It is unsigned . Actually, the driver is not writte by us. Our boss want me to get a signed driver. We want just get a signed driver for Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit only. I am a newbie about signed driver. 1. Does anyone give me details steps for applying signed driver ? 2. WHQL is much difficult for us to get it pass since we do not source code for the driver. Am I correct ? 3. Does signed driver show our company name ? Some our customers may not happy si...

numeric sort on one sheet, automatically sorts alphabetical on another?
How can I set up a sheet where I would input a list of names and numbers sorted numerically, and have that data automatically placed in alphabetical order on another sheet. The application is a simple key locker i.e. Sheet 1 num desc 001 front door 002 back door 003 firehouse 004 apple house sheet 2 would automatically display as desc num apple house 004 back door 002 firehouse 003 front door 001 the printed output is most important so I could just sort before printing. But if the automation is possible it would be very interesting to see ...

How to convert time to decimal format automatically...
hi..pls correct if this is not the right forum, i have a big problem i converting time to decimal automatically, i know the formula which i "=A1*24", what i want is when i enter a time (8:34) in cell A1 an press enter key it will convert to decimal (8.5667) forma automatically. sorry if my term is wrong, i'm just quite a starter i using Excel if any one help me with this problem, it's greatl appreciated. i want to know this because almost my work in office i entering time in Excel, i just want my work will be efficient -- alek2 ----------------------------------------------...

Formula error #3
When I use a forumula to sum cells [e.g., "=sum(F84:F96)"] the answer given is zero. Even though the formula is correct and on display in the viewer. What gives? A guess would be that the data that look like numbers are, in fact, being seen by Excel as text. Have you entered the data or imported it ? Regards Trevor "gjpundsack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1703E368-0DA8-4397-B66E-BC75D23D6A60@microsoft.com... > When I use a forumula to sum cells [e.g., "=sum(F84:F96)"] the answer given is zero. Even though the formula ...

formula for countif between 2 dates
I want to do a headcount by month. I list startdates in "C" and terminationdates in "D". Thanks~ hi, Use the MONTH function whic will return the month of the start date and end date and then by countif function you can go ahead. A lot of ways where you can find out however after this month function i guess u will be albe to figure out hitesh "ilmeaz" wrote: > I want to do a headcount by month. I list startdates in "C" and > terminationdates in "D". > > Thanks~ Thanks for your response. I guess I need to clarify that ...

Function to determine if a cell contains a formula
In excel 2007, is there a formula to determine whether or not a cell contains a formula? Basically I want to do and If/Then function that will return a certain answer if a cell contains a formula and will return a different answer if the cell only contains text (that was manually entered in). Thank you. DoubleZ Hi, How about a UDF. Alt + F11 to open VB editor. Right click 'this workbook' and insert module and paste the code in Call with =isformula(A1) Function IsFormula(cel As Range) As String If cel.HasFormula Then IsFormula = "It's a ...

Formula for counting frequency then sorting
Hi guys, Need some help with this one. My worksheet looks a little like this; Col F Col X Barcode Round Number 14 1234123412341234 12341 15 8687686876868686 86876 16 7543275432754327 75432 17 2482482482482482 24824 18 8687686777777777 86876 The worksheet is a year-to-date summary of all claims submitted to my department from our clients (data starts at row 14). Various data is submitted but I am focussing on the worst performing rounds. The r...

Is it possible to put two formulas into one cell
I am using excel. In row A were first names and in row B there were last names, I used the formula to combine them into row C. The names were in all caps, now I need to make them proper ex: instead of MICHAEL I want it Michael). Can someone please tell me how to do that, if it is even possible Something like: =PROPER(A1)&" "&PROPER(B1) Regards Trevor "dopey0331" <dopey0331@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92BCB094-0117-4C3F-87BA-D1092DF69F54@microsoft.com... >I am using excel. In row A were first names and in row B there were l...

Workbook automatically unhiding rows upon opening
We have a shared workbook that our admin staff updates, and our sales staff accesses when on the road. Recently, some of the admin's computers, and all of the sales staff's laptops have begun unhiding all of the rows in this workbook when they open it. For others, the hidden rows stay hidden. I've been tasked with making sure the rows stay hidden upon opening, but I cannot figure out why this is happening. Help? It could be the two groups are actually accessing two different similarly named files.....could be same name in two different directories....problem is common in...

Metric conversion formula / function
Hi all, I'm modifying a worksheet for our Quality Control dept. where I have to take metric dimensions (millimeters) off a print and convert them into English / Imperial (inches) for the guys to check parts from. Anybody know if there is a way to enter a metric dimension and have it automatically convert to English / Imperial rather than doing the conversion on a calculator and entering the converted number in manually? TIA, Paula One way: =CONVERT(A1,"mm","in") which requires the Analysis Toolpak Add-in to be loaded (Tools/Addins...) for versions prior to...

Trouble with getting a distinct count
I am having a lot of trouble figuring this out, I am embarassed to say, and was hoping one of you kind folks could steer me in the right direction. I have a table with the following fields: CustomerID (a unique number), ServiceID(a unique Number for each service delivered), ServiceTypeID (A unique ID number assigned to each service), ServiceName, and ServiceDate. Every time a customer receives one of several services it is recorded in the table. A customer can receive any of the services numerous times or not at all. What I can't figure out how to do is to come up with a distinct coun...

SMTP And X400 address not created automatically after creating new mailbox
Hi,all. We just got such problem, Currently We are using Exchange 5.5 server and today when we create a new mailbox, the SMTP and X.400 address for this mailbox not created automatically, we checked the exchange service, all run well, So what problem with exchange? Thanks ahead! ...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I am looking for a way to control the "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. Can't seem to find any reference to this navigation bar in this group yet nor anything in Microsoft Access Help. Since I am on the subject, it would be interesting if I could figure out a way to manipulate what is expanded or not (e.g. expand Queries or not). I am using Microsoft Access 2007. Any tips? ...

Combined bar and line chart (two Y axis) how to make excel know which data goes where
Hello all, after the super fast problem fixing last time i had a problem, i'd like to ask the excel collective for some more help... :) now trying to plot a combined bar chart and line graph. I basically want all the sets of data except one to appear as columns plotted against the axis on the left and the last set of data (which is a cumulative value of the data appearing for the columns) plotted against the right hand axis as a line. I can plot the graph fine, but out of the 7 sets of data which i want to appear as 6 sets of columns and one line, i get four sets of columns and three ...

how do I get new/reply/reply to all/forward buttons turned on

Query for AD to get E-mails With User Accounts & Creating New user Accounts !!
Hello everybody , i'm a newbie in Exchange Server who has it as heritage from a previous Admin. so what i need is (Maybe Simple): 1- a query (to get the output to a *.txt file) for AD to get all e-mails accounts associated with each user account .. so i can know in which OU it lives & how many E-mails it has. i've this but i don't know what parameter or where should i add to get the above details .. i just get e-mails: dsquery user "OU=Clients, DC=mydomain,DC=Com" | dsget user -email > C:\emails3.txt 2- Another query (or maybe command like dsadd) but i need to...

How to get Outlook to obey my PLAIN TEXT preference?
I have outlook set to use plain text format and that works when creating an email. However, when I get HTML formatted emails, it still displays as HTML formatted and hitting reply tries to reply in HTML format. I then have to click on OPTIONS and PLAIN TEXT which does convert it back to plain text, but then I loose my quoting brackets (>) Is there any way to get Outlook to force everything into plain text mode? -Darrel darrel, you wrote on Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:10:23 -0500: > Is there any way to get Outlook to force everything into plain text mode? Which Outlook version are yo...

Formula: What am I Doing Wrong
4 A 3 A 2 B 1 A 4 $6.00 3 $6.00 2 $2.00 1 $6.00 In the first example I want to know how many instances of A there are in column B multiplied by the number in Column A. Answer would be 8. Formula: sumproduct((a1:a4)*(b1:b4="A")) But if I want to find out how many instances of $6.00 there are instead of A, I'm stumped. I get either 0, or 48. Must be something simple. It is better to use =SUMIF(B:B,"A",A:A) than sumproduct((a1:a4)*(b1:b4="A")) I assume you mean =COUTIF(A:A,6) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snai...

how to run a macro from a formula?
I need to define a formula to run a predefined macro as a result of a logical comparision. Please help. You can make you macro a function and then use it in your formula. Be aware that macros used in this fashion can only return a value to the cell containing the function - they can not format cells, change values in cells or otherwise alter the Excel environment. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "davidhub" <davidhub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DCE5F10-4695-4C34-B9A7-0826E090BDDA@microsoft.com... > I need to define a formula to run a predefined macro as a r...

Chnage color of default title bar , SDI
Hi all, In SDI application I require to change default background color of title bar (which is blue). i tried to painting in OnNcPaint() but buttons(X, [], -), caption, icon gets behind new color. please help ... thanks "Neel" <urneel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e9db815c-35dc-47c4-b3bb-7cf136dda2fb@m1g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > In SDI application I require to change default background color of > title bar (which is blue). > > i tried to painting in OnNcPaint() but buttons(X, [], -), caption, > icon gets behind new color. > >...