How do I get an automatic equal sign to appear in the formula bar in Excel
for Microsoft 2003?  This happened for me in the 2000 version and I could
just click on it with my mouse pointer, but now all that appears is the
function sign with no equal sign after it.  It makes my job a lot more time
consuming to have to type in the equal sign while building formulas.  Please
help, anybody?
0
Belle (5)

The = icon disappeared in newer versions of excel (xl2002???).

You can add an = icon
Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category
(Scroll down the list until you find the = icon)

And drag it to your favorite toolbar (nicely positioned).

It's not quite the same, but maybe it'll be sufficient for you.

--

Dave Peterson
0

year formula 04-13-10
I'm sure this is very simple, but for some reason it's not working for me. I have a log of training sessions provided to clients. I want to run a pivot table that totals the number of hours for the year. I track the date in the spreadsheet, so I wanted to add a column of "year" so that I can easily get totals per year. I want to reference the date column to populate the year for that date (I have hundreds of lines already so I don't want to do it manually) When i added the column & used the year function, it comes up with 1905 each time instead of...

SENDFILE.EXE
This sendfile.exe has been very helpful to our company. we use it for starting emails automatically from a dos application. however, we now have an application where we not only want the email started....but we want it to be sent automatically without us having to hit the send button. does anyone know of the parameter (if it exists) which will send the email automatically? Any and all feedback would be much appreciated. Derek ...

Q: How to automatically adapt column width with XML format?
Hi. I'm developing an application that outputs its results to an XML file (with Excel XP's DTD). The trouble is the column width, which is set at default. Is there an XML tag which allow to adapt width automatically? I thought about a VBA macro, but I noticed that VBA code isn't stored in XML Excel's files. Thanks in advance, Francesco. ...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

Automatic Numbering Rows
Hi all... Can't find how do to this using Excel 2003... I want to be able to have Excel automatically number rows (in the first column) that have text on them...but skip numbering rows without...and adjust the numbering if new rows get added in later. (I guess something similar to Bullets and Numbering in Word). Here's an example of what I want if I'm not making myself clear... 1. Text Here 2. Text Here 3. Text Here (Empty row...no text) 4. Text Here 5. Text Here (Empty row...no text) 6. Text Here etc.. Then...let's say...at a later date...I inserted a new row under...

formula edit bar
all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does anyone know what I can do to restore?? Check it under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ed01c3d938$2d291950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does > anyone know what I can do to restore?? Thank you. Duh, how could I miss that! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Check it under view>formula bar > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"Scot" <anonymous...

A Crystal Beginner

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Get paid while you get online!!

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...