How do I display two excel pages at the same time?

I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same
time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when
I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office
2003. Thanks for the help.

--
snowtime
snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982

Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other
choices, I usually use vertical)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"snowtime" <snowtime.1tbiqe_1123290336.8376@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:snowtime.1tbiqe_1123290336.8376@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same
> time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when
> I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office
> 2003. Thanks for the help.
>

> --
> snowtime
> snowtime's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499

0
terre081 (3244)

Excel Form "Component Not Registered"
I am using several excel spreadsheet that are working on many other machines but they all of a sudden started giving me a "component not registered" error. I don't know of any changes to my workstation environment. In order to debug, I stripped down the excel spreadsheet to the bare minimum. I noticed that when all the forms were removed from the spreadsheet that the problem disapeared. I removed everything in the spreadsheet except for one form and a Workbook_Open() procedure. No problem occurs if I have an empty procedure but as soon as I even put a comment in th...

link excel with access
Is it possible to link Excel with access such that any changes made in Excel will also occur in the access database? In other words, I need to maintain a 2-way linkage between the 2, but I want all my data to reside in the database, not the spreadsheet. I understand that creating a Linked table in Access would accomplish the linkage I want, but it creates problems when I link that table with a Visio drawing...which is why the data needs to stay in the Access DB. Anyone have any suggestions? I know that vba will accomplish this, but I am not an expert in that field. Any help would be appre...

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

open excel file
i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. any help "Rohit" wrote: > i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs > only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error > message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. > > any help Try looking at thi...

Excel Formulas #11
I would like to create a sumation formula that will pull in different values depending upon what I need. For example, I want to add values in column A, however sometimes I want to go through row 10 and the next time through row 20. So I want to create a formula that will give the value depending on the the row number I type in. For example if I type in 15 then I will get a sum of variables in column A of rows 1 through 15. If I type in 20 then I will get a sum of variables in rows 1 through 20. How do I create such a formula? Any help would be much appreciated. -- ag_banker_kansas You ca...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

How to select & display distinct values

how do you save a multiple page newsletter in Publisher?
I have a 4 page newsletter I would like to email our clients. What format do I save it to? Convert it to a pdf file and send it as an attachment. Many folks here like the free Primopdf program which you can get at www.primopdf.conm If you have e-mail addresses and websites in your newsletter you may want a pdf creating program that will make them active in the pdf file. An excellent modestly priced program is PDF-XChange which you can get at http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "Insurancegirl" <Insurancegirl @discussions.microsoft.com>...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Display Time in Outlook

Activate my Excel 2003 but it still runs in reduce mode
My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? Rightclick on the excel icon on the windows taskbar (usually at the bottom of the screen). Choose Maximize. Maybe it's just off the screen (not really minimized--just off the screen). atomicesar wrote: > > My Excel 2003 is showing that it's activated but it is still running in > reduce mode. what I'am doing wrong? -- Dave Peterson ...

PK and FK Displayed

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I shade a region between two selected points on the x axis?
In a line graph of monthly unemployment rates over many years, economists like to shade a region between 2 selected months (x axis) in order to denote a recsession. How can this be done in an Excel chart? Hello: I am sure that someone very cleaver will tell you there is an automated way to do this. But given the irregular nature of the data, and not frequently the easiest way to do it would be to dislay the drawing toolbar. Now choose the rectangle shape and draw the area you want high lighted. Once you have the area you want covered, right click the rectangle and choose format autosh...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

reading data from Excel Sheet
hi, i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i read it. i don't want to create any DSN thank you, regards, koti You can use the Excel.Application com object -- Satish "Koti" wrote: > hi, > > i want to read the data from the Excel sheet using vc++6.0. How can i > read it. i don't want to create any DSN > > thank you, > > regards, > koti > > > ...

Stop displaying a line

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

Problems saving in Excel
When trying to save a document in Excel, it says that it can't because = there's=20 not enouh memory of free disk space, although both are available. Did anyone encounter / resolve this? Thanks, Roy Schwartz In article <8eed01c47878$f80fcc10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Roy Schwartz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to save a document in Excel, it says that it can't > because there's not enouh memory of free disk space, although both > are available. > > Did anyone encounter / resolve this? What version of XL? What ...

Watermark for Excel chart
Does anyone know how to create a watermark on an Excel Chart? Tom, You might try a few of things: (1) Activate your chart by clicking on it. Type the word "Draft" and hit the enter key. A textbox should appear with the word "Draft" on the chart. Position the textbox to where you want it to be and format it accordingly. (2) Double - click on the outside area of your chart. In the Format Chart Area dialog box, set the Area to None. Do the same with the plot area. Now, select a range on your spreadsheet that contains the text of the watermark that you want. In...