How do I display the last entry in a list

In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell.  Can this be
done?
0
ozsteve (3)

Hi,

This does it for column A

=INDIRECT("A"&SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(A1:A65535))*(A1:A65535<>""))))

Mike

"ozsteve" wrote:

> In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
> last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell.  Can this be
> done?
0
MikeH (222)
12/3/2007 10:36:02 AM
=LOOKUP(99^99,A:A)

for column A
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200759

"ozsteve" wrote:

> In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
> last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell.  Can this be
> done?
0
GarysStudent (1572)
12/3/2007 10:38:01 AM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply.  that does the trick perfectly.

Steve O

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A)
>

> for column A
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200759
>

> "ozsteve" wrote:
>
> > In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
> > last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell.  Can this be
> > done?
0
ozsteve (3)
12/3/2007 10:43:13 AM
Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply.  I'm sure if understood it I could get this to work,
but Gary's response below works a treat out of the box and suits my needs.

Thanks for your input.

Steve O

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This does it for column A
>
> =INDIRECT("A"&SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(A1:A65535))*(A1:A65535<>""))))
>
> Mike
>
> "ozsteve" wrote:
>
> > In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the
> > last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell.  Can this be
> > done?
0
ozsteve (3)

Dual Displays

adding code to sort a list in VBA
I have a user form that enters data to a file and the file should be sorted in date order. How can I add code to an already existing code in Visual Basic so that after the user clicks the "OK" button the data gets entered, then after that it automatically sorts the data according to the date column. I tried recording a macro to do it and then copy/paste it to the code but i get an error. Any ideas as to what the code should look like, where it should be placed in the program? Thanks Tim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! A good start would be to show ...

Return receipt on distribution list
I am using Outlook 2003 and need to set up a distribution list that has a delivery receipt and read receipt as the default so it asks for the receipts every time. I do NOT want to turn on the receipts for every message I send. I do NOT want to have to remember to set the receipts every time I send a message. I am just sure I had this option in Outlook 2000 but I can't find it now. Thanks for any help! Tom Receipts are either all on or all off. You will need to set the request manually if you have them turned off universally. All versions of Outlook are the same in this respect. ...

Folder could not be displayed

401(k) deductions
Realizing I need to be more responsible financially led me to buy Money 05 Deluxe and get all my banking records in order. That's done, but now I want to add my 401(k) information. I have been contributing (through payroll deductions) to the 401(k) for about 3 years now; I should also mention I have most of my paper statements since the plan began. I did enter payroll deduction info for this year -- hopefully that will make tax time more bearable -- and part of that was tracking each paycheck dedcution going to my 401(k).That having been said, is there any benefit to being anal about th...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

Making a shopping list
This was posted by a friend in another forum. Please can someone format a a table in excel for me. I need a tabl that displays a list of items that i can enter a number in a colum nex to an item, this would then generate another table that i could the print showing only the items i have have selected and the qauntity. i like a shopping list from a supermarket . It's really anniying me that I can't work it out, as it seems very ver simple to do -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/...

List view customization
Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the toolkit? thanks Can you explain further -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1097513D-2353-430A-B895-71848D832BAB@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to make a form or list view not currently available in > the customization toolkit view in CRM available for customization through the > toolkit? > > thanks you ca...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Global address lists
Is it possible to download a Global address list to a file and subsequently import to an outlook address book or personal address bok on a system that is not on an MS exchange server? ...

Outlook contact list problems
I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every time i push TO: button to get the exchange 2000 contact list from my domain The windows says that i cannot find the LDAP server I tried all the DC servers and i still having this problem, i cannot see the exchange contact list Please hel Dioxido dioxido <dioxido@sinectis.com.ar> wrote: > I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i > have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every > time i push TO: ...

Stop displaying a line

Cut/paste a checkbook entry or go back and insert an entry
OK, so call me computer illiterate. I have had two versions of MS Money which I use only for my checkbook. I have yet to figure out how to go back and insert an entry. In other words, how do you copy and paste in the checkbook? I'm sure this is a simple thing, but it's beyond me. Any help out there? In microsoft.public.money, dbyron@co.volusia.fl.us wrote: >OK, so call me computer illiterate. I have had two >versions of MS Money which I use only for my checkbook. I >have yet to figure out how to go back and insert an >entry. Just add the entry at the bott...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

How can I get To-do's to show up in the Today screen Task list?
Hi, I am a new Outlook user, and have recently run into a problem in that I missed doing some things I had made "To-Do" to remind me to do. Unfortunately, I assumed that the Today screen would show my active "To-Do's" but I realize it only show's "Tasks". I'm a unclear what the difference is. Is there anyway to integrate them so they both show up on the Today screen? Why are they in different folders? Thanks for your help. Ed Outlook 2007? They are on the To-do Bar... it's replacing Outlook today because few users use it. The to-do list ...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...