HOW DO I DELETE NUMBERS IN A COLUMN out of each cell

I have a list of part numbers in a column, over 5000, and I need to change it
while keeping other information in tact.  For example

1025-00-128-5463                (Each of these numbers are in a cell which
totals
1025-00-255-5656                  5000.  They are listed in a column.)
1025-00-233-5666

I need to delete the first four numbers and all the dash marks so they will
look like this

If I tried to do this individually I would waste a lot of time.  Please help
and remember I am new to this program.  Any help would be sincerely
appreciated
Thanks Dave

0
Confused1 (124)

=substitute(RIGHT(A1,11),"-","")

and copy down

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Completely Confused" <Completely Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A69477BD-A1DD-455B-934F-FFA20B91F113@microsoft.com...
> I have a list of part numbers in a column, over 5000, and I need to change
it
> while keeping other information in tact.  For example
>
> 1025-00-128-5463                (Each of these numbers are in a cell which
> totals
> 1025-00-255-5656                  5000.  They are listed in a column.)
> 1025-00-233-5666
>
> I need to delete the first four numbers and all the dash marks so they
will
> look like this
> 001285463
> 002555656
> 002335666
>
> If I tried to do this individually I would waste a lot of time.  Please
help
> and remember I am new to this program.  Any help would be sincerely
> appreciated
> Thanks Dave

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
9/13/2006 7:19:16 PM
If you want to actually alter the current values,
try this 2-step process:

Select your column of values

From the Excel main menu:
<edit><replace>
Find what: ????-00-
Replace with: '00  <-that's an apostrophe and 2 zeros
Click [Replace all]

Leave the Replace window open and set
Find what: -
Replace with: (clear this field)
Click [Replace all]

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Completely Confused" wrote:

> I have a list of part numbers in a column, over 5000, and I need to change it
> while keeping other information in tact.  For example
>
> 1025-00-128-5463                (Each of these numbers are in a cell which
> totals
> 1025-00-255-5656                  5000.  They are listed in a column.)
> 1025-00-233-5666
>
> I need to delete the first four numbers and all the dash marks so they will
> look like this
> 001285463
> 002555656
> 002335666
>
> If I tried to do this individually I would waste a lot of time.  Please help
> and remember I am new to this program.  Any help would be sincerely
> appreciated
> Thanks Dave

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

keying in data in cell
I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the form when the data will not show on the line. I do not want to wrap the text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data. Is there an easy way to do this. Any help will be appreciated. thank you mac ...

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Adding a comment to a cell.
I have tried adding a comment to a cell, but it does not appear with th little red triangle in the top right corner of the cell commented. The comment is attached, but at first glance there is no such clue tha there is a comment attached. I know the comment is attached because when i click onto the cell commented and right click, it allows me to either edit or delete th comment.. I need the little red triangle to appear when commenting a cell (whe clicked away from the live cell, it seems to dissapear) - view scree shot Attachment filename: comments.jpg Down...

How can I copy a formula where the referenced cells have an assoc.
I want to copy a formula where the cells have an associated range name but all I get is a repeat of the original formula. I want to have formulas where the cell references change as the formula is copied. That is the purpose of Named Ranges. They do not change. They are not relative. Say Namedrange is A1 =Namedrange * B1 will change to =Namedrange * B2 if copied down column C, but Namedrange will remain the value in A1. On another note.......if your cellsrefs like B1 are not changing to B2, B3 etc. perhaps you have Calculation on Manual mode. Check Tools>Options>Calculation. ...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

Adding note numbers to cells
I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later). The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the corner of the cell. I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a cell. The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized small as desired. But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on the screen but I want the effect to be printable. Help?? Thanks very much -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Oh God, forg...

merge cells
how can i merge the info on a large spread sheet quickly without having to do this one cell at a time. I have info in cells A1 thru HH1,A3-HH3,A5-HH5 and so on I need this info to be merged with the cell directly below it In other words I need cell A1 to be merged with A2,B1 with B2....A3 with A4,A5 with A6 ....HH5 with HH6 with our losing the info in the cells, whats the simpliest and fastest way to do this with out having to click on cell, hold shift key, down arrow, merge cell button, right arrow, hold shift key,down arrow key, merge button or format painter on completed a merged...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel?
how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel? Hi Daniel, If they are Excel dates they represent the days and fractional days past Dec 31, 1899 if using the 1900 date system. So if you just have dates they have no fractional components and you just subtract the earlier date from the later date for the number of days. So it doesn't really matter if it is Excel or VBA same method. A1: 1998-11-28 B1: 2005-07-11 C1: =B1-A1 format c1 as number: #,##0 otherwise you will see: 1906-08-13 in VBA something like either of these, n...

Use a cell value as part of a formula
Hi All, I'm trying to use a cell value as part of a vlookup function. The idea is to keep changing the lookup query based on a the contents of a specific cell This is the forumla I'm currently using VLOOKUP($A2,'C:\Matrix0203\07-Feb03\[025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS]Sheet1'!$A$1:$M$200,2,FALSE) I need a way to replace "025-MainPub-ET-1801.XLS" in the formula based on another cell, where this will be generated (or manually entered). Right now I'm doing a select all, find and replace to achieve this. Any help will be appreciated... Chirag Hi Chirag, You could use ...

Extracting the number from a text
Hi, In a cell say C3, the value is such as S9(09)V(05). the value of that cell might be in one of the following format: (1) S(9)V(5) (2) S9(09)V(05) (3) S9(9)V(05) (4) S9(09)V(5) (5) S(11) My requirement is: i need to get the numbers extracted which, is present before & after the letter 'V' & enclosed in parantheses. In some cases, the letter V may not be there. (for ex: point 5 - here, only one number is there ie.11) This extraction should happen ONLY if the cell E3 has the value "COMP-3." Thanks in Advance. Venkatesh V First number: =IF($E$3="COMP...

Deleting an email

office 97 box id number
Having problem with Office 97 pro...need to reinstall. Program asks for 1d on crystal box. Been 4 years since purchased, have no box. PC shows registration number. More numbers than asked for. How do I contact Microsoft to obtain number? Been thru site and only paid site accessible. Supposed to have 4 free inquiries. ...