How do I delete an entire document in excel 2007?

Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire thing.

Same way you delete any file.

Close the file.

Select the file through any means you wish.

Right-click and "delete".

Answer "Yes" and off it goes to recycle bin for your disposal.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, meghan
<meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire thing.

0
Gord
1/31/2010 11:24:17 PM
You can do it with a macro using KILL

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"meghan" <meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire
> thing.

0
Don

Creating and Organization Chart from and excel file
I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read names". I have excel and visio 2003. Can anyone help???? I want to include 4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to). Help! Have you tried creating an Excel file recently? Perhaps there's an issue with your existing Excel file. I'd try generating a dummy file using the wizard, and then try importing it iback nto a new Visio file using the wizard. If that works, then you may want to cut / pas...

Too many rows for Excel output from Access 2000
All: In my application I am exporting several records to excel file dynamically using a query,when the number of records exceeds 50000 records in one of the scenarios I am getting this error :There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or Microsoft access Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Query11" DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, stDocName, acFormatXLS, , 1 Can any one suggest the solution to this problem, Thanks in Advance, VT IIRC, OutputTo uses an earlier Excel format that limits to 16K rows. Use the TransferSp...

Opening a new instance of Excel

outlook 2007 runs slow

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Excel Crash

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

deleting fonts
My computer uses Vista Home Premium. I just had to reset it to its original state. I'm trying to delete fonts, but don't have permission. I am the only user of this computer and its administrator. When I've gone into the Fonts folder Properties - Security tab, the option for Special permissions is grayed out. When I click the Advanced option ("For special permissions or advanced settings, I don't know what to do next. Can someone please walk me through how to get permission in the Fonts folder so I can delete fonts? Thanks Kelly On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 07:...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

opening Excel and then closing it
I have a file that is passed to me in XLS format, but I would much prefer to work with it in CSV. So I did this... ' open the downloaded file in Excel and copy it over to L in csv format Workbooks.Open "O:\Downloads\D00100001554_0.xls" Workbooks("D00100001554_0.xls").ConflictResolution = xlLocalSessionChanges Workbooks("D00100001554_0.xls").SaveAs "L:\Activity.csv", xlCSV Workbooks("Activity.csv").Close False This works fine except it leaves Excel open in the background. The only thing to do is fine it in Processes a...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail