How do I create mail merge labels from excel.

Whatever I try, I am unable to open the data source.
0
jackie (70)

Jackie,

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"jackie" <jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whatever I try, I am unable to open the data source.

I have read every page of all three links and it doesn't solve my problem....
See "Unable to Open Data Source" posted by me 8/27....HELP!!!! Trying to send
urgent e-mail merge....Many Thanks,Teej

"Paul B" wrote:

> Jackie,
>
> For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here
>

> http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm
>

> http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm
>

> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
>

> --
> Paul B
> Always backup your data before trying something new
> Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it
> Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
> Using Excel 2002 & 2003
>
> "jackie" <jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whatever I try, I am unable to open the data source.

0
TJBurke (1)

create a roster

e-mail alerts don't work,setup but don't work-
I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any answers?, Thanks Studmn1. Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any > answers?, Thanks Studmn1. More details and symptoms needed. For example, what version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman office student and teacher edition 2003 for outlook, the pop up notification window doesn't pop up or change my mouse to the little mail icon or transperency window "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsof...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Task Create - Status

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Outgoing e-mail
I get the following message on most of my outgoing emails; "that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" Yet I send it from another computer on the same network, also using outlook 2002 it works fine. Yes and that worked thanks >-----Original Message----- >Are you authenticating to your SMTP server? > >Tony Sadler wrote: >> I get the following message on most of my outgoing emails; >> "that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts >> (#5.7.1)" Yet I send it from another computer on the same >> network, also...

windows mail
system crashed. lost all folders etc, can I get them back?? Search for *.eml. Make sure you include hidden files and folders in the = search. See here for background on where the messages are located: = www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx steve "PQ" <PQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:5F58FF86-D798-4F71-8D93-A9E4D75401A6@microsoft.com... > system crashed. lost all folders etc, can I get them back?? > ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

problem with mails coming back every day
Hello, Every day, every user receive a couple of reundant emails in their mailbox. How to stop that. Why messages do not simply disapear when read and deleted ? Thanks On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:38:26 +0200, "lmarot" <l.marot@mywanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >Every day, every user receive a couple of reundant emails in their mailbox. >How to stop that. > >Why messages do not simply disapear when read and deleted ? > >Thanks > Are these always the same messages and where did the messages come from. Could be that you have messages in some loop or st...

Allow Mail Relay Possible?
Hi there, A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers (Golf Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. We now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS article). Can anyone help with this issue? Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Co...

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

excel crashing #3
I have windows XP and Excel 2003 with all the latest service packs. When I am trying to save an excel file to a floppy it always lock up after 3 or 4 times. Excel will just crash and it would take a restart of the whole computer before it will act right. I have tried other floppies, copying a different file all together from excel, swapping drives, reinstalling the whole office suite, reinstalling McAfee Virus Scan, etc. I did notice that it is something with excel and the floppy drive as a whole because I could copy all day long to the floppy random files from word, my c drive, a few f...

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...