how do I create a spread sheet to automatically calculate when I

On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be
multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%.

Can anyone help me.
0
wbinfo (1)

One way:

If you are entering your numbers in column A, say, then in column B
enter:

B1:     =(A1*3)*(1-40%)

or, better,

B1:     =A1*3*60%

copy B1 down as far as necessary.

In article <678FA28E-14A7-40E5-B0DF-54D574F9F7E3@microsoft.com>,
 wbinfo <wbinfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be
> multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%.
>
> Can anyone help me.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/28/2005 5:00:31 PM
Do you want them changed in the same cell in which you type them?

You would then have no paper trail for checking errors in input.

John's suggestion about having a formula in a separate column is the safest
way to go.

If you want to change them as you enter paste this code into a sheet module.

'when entering data in a cell in Col A
On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then
        n = Target.Row
        If Excel.Range("A" & n).Value <> "" Then
        With Excel.Range("A" & n)
        .Value = .Value * 3 * 0.6
      End With
        End If
    End If
enditall:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:42:02 -0700, wbinfo <wbinfo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>On a new spread sheet I am entering numbers and I would like them to be
>multiplied and changed automatically. The formula is x*3 then less 40%.
>
>Can anyone help me.

0
Gord

Automatic Appling AR documents
- I'm looking for a routine that can be scheduled to run through all unapplied payments and auto-apply them for all customers within a GP10 Company. Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks Jon Jon, I believe the Microsoft Professional Services team has a tool for sale that will do this. Your GP Partner should be able to help you with details and pricing on this. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "JColesby" <jcolesby@gmail.com>...

create a roster

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

how many lines per sheet in excel 2003
ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 Still, ever heard of 'categorizing'? Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:04:01 -0700, Des53 <Des53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hi Des, Row and column specifications are unchanged in xl2003 (65536 x 256). I have heard no suggestion that these are likely to change any time soon --- Regards, Norman "Des53" <Des53@discus...

Excel's Calculating Sequence
If I have a block of formulae , say, in A1:E10 and hit F9 is thare any particular sequence that the recalc is done ? e.g. by rows first and then columns etc. TIA Bill From the Help file: When are existing formulas recalculated? Excel recalculates those cells that are dependent on other cells that contain changed values. This type of calculation helps to avoid unnecessary calculations. Excel also calculates workbooks each time they are opened. Background calculation As calculation proceeds, you can choose commands or perform actions such as entering numbers or formulas. Excel tempor...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

moving records from one sheet to other
Hi I have 1400 records in one sheet. i want is as a read only sheet. now i need a selection cell and a push button for each and every record. when the shared users select their name from the selection cell then click one of the push button then the appropriate record should move to the sheet which is for that particular user. i have 15 sheets for every individual.can u plz help me out. i'm very new to excel. knight Hopefully this will help you some. This code would be attached to a single button - what it does is see if the currently active cell is in the proper column (with na...

Multiple tables output to multiple sheets in single excel workbook
Hi all, Been a while since I've done any access dev, and I can't for the life of me remember how to do this. I have 3 tables I need to export to Excel, preferably in one workbook as separate sheets. Using OutputTo simply overwrite the file, and I seem to recall using transfertext to accomplish this, but it says the file is read-only after the first table is output. Do I need to create an export spec? If so, how do I go about this? Or is this simply not going to happen without using the Office library reference and all that jazz? TIA, SusanV Thanks Tom - I'll give it a ...

How to disable automatic mail-enable for Public folders ?
Hello, Environment : Server Exchange 2003 SP2 - Operation mode: Native Mode (no pre-Exchange 2000 servers). When i create new public folders it by default is mail enabled - how i can disable this feature - i need that new created folders don't have e-mails by default. If i look in : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/e9545541-ee66-415c-b5ba-b977d8a6b714.mspx?mfr=true "Folders created in native-mode Exchange Server 2003 must be mail-enabled manually." But - "Folders that you migrate from Exchange 5.5 are mail-enabled by defaul...

Creating an ad book

Selecting column D automatically when you leave the sheet
I have an xl2003 workbook with several worksheets. Some sheet contain tables, or instructions, etc. Most of the sheets are identical templates i create as i need them. On these templates sheets, which are named 1, 2, 3, etc., I would like to, when i leave the sheet, I would like for the activecell.column to be column D. That is, when i leave the sheet, column D of the current row is selected. I have tried several ways to accomploish this, with no success. Thanks, Tosno You can use an Event macro to Select column D in the worksheet when the sheet gets deactivated: Private Sub Worksheet_Deac...

Access unable to create an MDE