how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?

In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one
excel cell.  I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each
line pastes into a different cell)
0
jhh1 (2)

You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode
for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell.

-Simon

"jhh" wrote:

> In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one
> excel cell.  I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each
> line pastes into a different cell)
0
SimonCC (3)
6/16/2006 9:39:01 PM
thank you SO much Simon CC - I knew it would be something simple but I just
didn't know what :-)

jhh

"SimonCC" wrote:

> You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode
> for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell.
>
> -Simon
>
> "jhh" wrote:
>
> > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one
> > excel cell.  I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each
> > line pastes into a different cell)
0
jhh1 (2)

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Secondary Copy

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

local copy of mail

Copy info from one workbook to another?

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

Outlook 2000 SP3

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Checkboxes in Excel to Access
Hi All, I need to convert an Excel table into Access however the Excel tabl contains checkboxes. Does anyone know how to get the values from th checkbox, ie T/F, referenced. Any ideas will be much appreciated Thank -- rodmasters23Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i What happens when you import the Excel data into an Access table? -- More info, please ... Jeff Boyce <Office/Access MVP> "rodmasters23" <rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:rodmasters23.1z6xm1@NoSpamPleaze.com... > > Hi All, > > I need to convert an Excel table in...

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server
Hi I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003 with exchange 2003. The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers. Now the question is: I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)? they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses. Has som...

Expanding Text Box
One one slide: I need to click on title 1 and have a text box appear...then disappear when I click on title 2...and so on. Without using a macro, how can I achieve this? Thank you. Use Custom Animation to set entrance and exit on mouse click, the exact steps would be somewhat dependent on the version of PP your are using. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Gina" <Gina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63087D-5125-4...

Getting Windows Installer when trying to open Excel files
I have suddenly begun experiencing a problem when trying to open Excel files or the application itself. I get Windows Installer saying it's trying to load Office XP Small Business, and asking for the CD. I don't have the CD, as my PC came loaded with Office already on it. When I subsequently click "Cancel", I get an "Error 1706... setup cannot find the required files". I have not done anything new to my PC, and suddenly this problem. What gives? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, AMC Contact the company who sold you the PC, I don't thin...

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case
Hi Please can anyone help with this one! I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case without having to re-type it all. Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please Thanks Mike Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi > > Please can anyone help with this one! > > I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no > formulas) and I have done it in caps but now...