how do I convert Works DB files to Word

I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition.  I was using
Microsoft Works.  My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
my database to convert.  My spreadsheets converted also.
Help
0
Jane (133)

Geranium Jane wrote:
> I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition.  I was using
> Microsoft Works.  My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
> my database to convert.  My spreadsheets converted also.
> Help

In Works, use "Save as" in both cases
0
gordonbp11 (453)
1/19/2005 4:53:49 PM

"Gordon" wrote:

> Geranium Jane wrote:
> > I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition.  I was using
> > Microsoft Works.  My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
> > my database to convert.  My spreadsheets converted also.
> > Help
>
> In Works, use "Save as" in both cases

Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific.  I have the files downloaded
into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
"not valid".  Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
Thanks - Jane

Geranium Jane wrote:

> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>>Geranium Jane wrote:
>>
>>>I just bought Microsoft Office Student/Teacher edition.  I was using
>>>Microsoft Works.  My word processing documents all converted, but I can't get
>>>my database to convert.  My spreadsheets converted also.
>>>Help
>>
>>In Works, use "Save as" in both cases
>

> Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific.  I have the files downloaded
> into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
> "not valid".  Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
> Thanks - Jane

I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!
0
gordonbp11 (453)
1/19/2005 5:43:56 PM
Hi Gordon -
Well ... you see the problem is that WORKS is gone.  I've already done the
"Quickrestore" on my computer.  So the CD that I'm downloading my DB files
from has copied them in WORKS format and now I have Microsoft Office w/ Word.

Hmmm.... am I dead in the water?

Geranium Jane wrote:
> Hi Gordon -
> Well ... you see the problem is that WORKS is gone.  I've already done the
> "Quickrestore" on my computer.  So the CD that I'm downloading my DB files
> from has copied them in WORKS format and now I have Microsoft Office w/ Word.
>
> Hmmm.... am I dead in the water?
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>>Geranium Jane wrote:

>>>Hi Gordon - could you please be more specific.  I have the files downloaded
>>>into "My Documents" - when I open them (the DB ones) - the message I get is
>>>"not valid".  Please how I save them "save as" ... what?
>>>Thanks - Jane
>>>

>>I think you have to open the database files in Works and then save the
>>database in a different format. perhaps the function is Export? (I
>>haven't got Works so I'm not sure).

Ah. Then I think you're stumped unless you can get access to Works.
there MAY be a converter available from a third party, have you tried
doing a Google search?

--
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

To email me replace the obvious!
0
gordonbp11 (453)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

word 2007 won't reg key
newer dell computer with OEM vista home premium installed. unable to activate word using reg key stated on the computer. tried at least 10 times, but dialog box indicates error. did bypass activation & opened a few new word docs, but when i copied some old data files into word 2007 everything locked & unable to update. still using old computer & moving some data files to the new. able to get automatic window updates though. Thanks to Dell support, the number on the box was incorrect & had to use the number on the installation disk included in the package of i...

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Work with view (advanced issue)
I add a new field to quote: "related_other_account_id". This field store the ID of an Account (different from the "Potential Customer" field) (lets call this Account: The Supplier) Now I need to show the "related quote" from the Supplier Account. I think I would need to build a query like: <all quotes having "related_other_account" field = the current Account ID value... but I don't know if it is possible. How can I handle this ? Where are you trying to show this? "Sebastiano Castrini" <[remove this]castrini@libero.it> wrot...

Convert Access97 to 2000

related records in advanced find doesn't work
Hello, I have an advanced find where I am trying to bring in some information from the 'related to' lead on an appointment. No matter what lead field I select, no data is returned for that column. Has anyone seen this behavior or had any issues with this? Thanks! The 'related to' fields work as a seach filter criteria so you are specifying here which records to include in your search. The 'edit columns' option dictate the data columns visibly returned from the query. Regards Marion "jpop" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an advanced find w...

Excel not detecting that a file is currently being edited
I am having a problem with Excel files located on our NetWare 6 server. I am not sure if it is a NetWare issue or an Excel issue. If a user opens an Excel file with the edit password and then a second user open the same file, Excel does not detect that the file is already being edited by another. It allows the second user to enter the edit password and does not give the "locked for editing" dialog box. When either user trys to save changes to the file, there is a sharing violation. We are use both Excel 2000 and 2002 to edit the file. This problem has just started in the last few ...

I would like to make a schedule for my dept. Who works what days . #2
I am supervisor for a nursing dept. I need to make a schedule for them to follow as to who works when and what shift. I need to be sure they all get the hours that they are required to work. Is there a template that would help me and be able to sort things out in the schedule as well? Go to the Office Template Gallery. Do a search for Schedules. There is one for Employee Shift Schedule. There may also be others you could use also. Regards, S Stone "Chiki" wrote: > I am supervisor for a nursing dept. I need to make a schedule for them to > follow as to who works w...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Font color automatic does not work in Excel
In MS Word 2003, Font Color Automatic changes to white when selecting a dark Fill Color. In MS Excel 2003, Font Color Automatic always appears to be black independently from Fill Color. Am I doing something wrong? You're not doing anything wrong. Excel doesn't change the automatic font colour if the cell is filled with a dark colour. Eric Jan van de Veen wrote: > In MS Word 2003, Font Color Automatic changes to white when selecting a dark > Fill Color. In MS Excel 2003, Font Color Automatic always appears to be black > independently from Fill Color. Am I doing something...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

How to access vrge file
I work at a law firm and need to review a number of vrge files. Are vrge file individual email files or are they the equivalent of a pst file which is a collection of emails, calendar, contacts, etc? We don't use Macs so we need the ability to view on a PC if possible. If that is NOT possible we can borrow a Mac. What is the best way to be able to view these vrge files on any platform? Thanks, Tom On 2/12/10 8:35 AM, in article FF3C8F86-C268-4129-96D3-693FD6F511CB@microsoft.com, "SoxFaninVA" <tjubb@hot.mail.spam.com> wrote: > I work at a law f...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

calculate data from a different file
Is it possible to have a cell return a value from another file that is saved on a server without that file being opened. Here is the formula I am using: =COUNTIF(OFFSET('P:\Manpower\[Copy of Manpower 10-25 to 12-30.xls]Daily MP'!$A:$A,0,MATCH(F$3,'P:\Ohio\Manpower\[Copy of Manpower 10-25 to 12-30.xls]Daily MP'!$5:$5,0)-1),"*" & $B5 & "*") but all I get is #VALUE! if this file is not open on the PC I'm using. ...