how do i combine the contents in a colum to the conten next to it #2

im trying to merge an entire column into the column next to it. and keep the
same rows
0
Gin (6)

Hi,
Not sure if I undestood what you need, if you want to combine the
information you have in column A and B in column C enter

=A1&B1

if this is not what you need please post an example

"gin" wrote:

> im trying to merge an entire column into the column next to it. and keep the
> same rows

calendar #2
is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? Hi tg not exactly sure what you're after here but if you enter 01/01/05 in a cell and drag down (autofill handle, little back cross bottom right of cell) it will increment by a day for each row. If you'ld like more assistance please feel free to post back with additional details. Cheers JulieD "tg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429d01c4afae$b110b910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a formula for a continues monthly calendar? ...

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Notification if no external e-mail recieved for over 2 hours.
Recently the SMTP authentication settings were changed so that no external e-mails could be recieved. There was no way to see that this was the case until someone complained. Is there any way to monitor externally recieved e-mails so that if none are recieved after a certain amount of time for a notification to be generated? In this case a script using telnet could be used to check if e-mails could be recieved externally, but I was looking more for something like if no external e-mails recieved by any users for two hours then create notification. I can't seem to think of any way to che...

Automatic settling of EDC Batch #2
Is there a way to stelle an EDC batch automatically in RMS, or an add-on that accomplishes this? This would be very handy. Thank you in advance. ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Printing Entire Contents of Cell
A couple columns in a spreadsheet have lengthy text with the cell formatting set to wrap. Not all of the text displays when viewing the screen, but when clicking on the cell to edit, the contents are there. The real probem is that when printing, the contents of some of these cells are truncated. How do I get the entire contents to print? -- waterdawg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ waterdawg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26835 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40084...

Calculate Days between 2 dates
Hiya, I'm using the simple option =A1-A2 to calculate the days (in cell A3) between 2 dates. Now I want to do the same but if A2 is blank the cell A3 has to stay bank too. How will I do this in a nice option? =IF(ISBLANK(A2),"",A1-A2) Regards, Stefi „MR.WJCA” ezt írta: > Hiya, > > I'm using the simple option =A1-A2 to calculate the days (in cell A3) > between 2 dates. > Now I want to do the same but if A2 is blank the cell A3 has to stay bank too. > How will I do this in a nice option? > ...

Messages delayed in categorizer #2
Hello: All of a sudden my messages are getting delaying in the categorizer. This mainly seems to be happening when messages are coming from my Front End server to my Back End server. If I track the messages I see them go into the categorizer then they pause for 20-40 minutes before the processing completes. Below are the details. 3/29/2007 2:11 SMTP: 3/29/2007 2:11 SMTP: 3/29/2007 2:11 SMTP: 3/29/2007 2:11 SMTP: You didn't say what version of Exchange. I would look at your routing configuration to see if there's a dead server still defined somewhere. -- Ed C...

Viewing messages #2
When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they never come up. Can someone help me? Not yet. State your Outlook version, the type of mail transport you are using, whether you are using a preview pane or opening the message, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wleef33 asked: | When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they | never come ...

Content evanescent
Hello all I have 2 Exchange 2003 servers with SP1. My problem is with one user (That I know) that sends Email from Outlook Express to several users outside the organsition. They claim to get an empty email (No content and no file attached. They can see sender name but subject line is empty and from that point is empty. If he sends again it passes OK usually. Inside the organisation it is working OK. Thanks Hi, Is Your Outlook Express guy using Your ExchangeServers as SMTP? If yes, I would suspect the settings for the email type (Richtext, HTML) to be the reason. As far as I know, Outl...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

BillPay #2
When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free service now. What gives. Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. Yikes! So why am I socked with a $5.95 monthly fee? Just because I use it within the Money program? I don't use my bank so not sure why I get the fee. Thanks! "Bogee" <Bogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C06B9868-442D-4841-98D3-0C85524F86ED@microsoft.com... > When will Money start using the the free MyCheckFree.com? This a free > service > now. What gives. > > Boo Microsoft. I may need to switch. ...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

forecast function help #2
Just to clarify that formula, am i right to say this? =ROUND(FORECAST($E$1,B2:D2,$B$1:$D$1),0) $E$1 - is selecting the forcast for year 2004 B2:D2 - is selecting all the data bar the years in the top row $B$1:$D$1 - is being used to predict the outcome for 2004 Is that right? Thanks again -- metho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- method's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26644 Hi B1:D1 are the x values there B2:D2 the associated y ...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

How to read in a binary formatted file and parse the contents and populate a listview window?
Just as the subject states...Pretty new to this stuff... ReadFile works. File::Read works. fread works. Define "parse". Any introductory book on C programming, including the venerable K&R book, tells how to do this. Your problem statement is far too vague to make it possible to give a concrete example. Also, don't put messages in the headers and then refer to the header. Most newsreaders truncate the amount of the header that is visible. joe On 29 Jun 2006 13:02:46 -0700, Perry.Moa@gmail.com wrote: >Just as the subject states...Pretty new to this stuff... J...

RANDOM WEIGHT (PRICE EMBEDDED) EAN/UPC BARCODES IN STORE VER 2.0
HELLO , I CREATED THE RANDOM WEIGHT CODE STARTING WITH (201000100000) THE BREAK UP OF THE CODE IS 20 = PREFIX 10001=ITEM LOOKUPCODE 00000=WEIGHING PRICE AFTER SETTING THE EAN13 CODE FOR THE WEIGHING ITEM I TRIED TO SCAN THE BARCODE WHICH IS CREATED IN WEIGHING SCALE . BUT THE POS IS NOT PICKING UP THIS CODE PLEASE ADVICE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS 1. make sure you've turn the utilize EAN/UPC option on. 2. HHIIIIIPPPDDC HH - header identifier, must be started w/ 02 or 20 IIIII - item lookup code (SKU in the scale) PPP - price to the left decimal DD - price to the right decimal C - che...

Time Formula #2
Hi I run Excel 2K I download data from a mainframe. This data has a date & time format in it (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) I work in a place that has a 3 shift cycle - day shift, afternoon shift, night shift. Day shift starts at 7:20am and ends at 15:29pm Afternoon shift starts at 15:30pm and ends at 23:19pm Night shift starts at 23:20pm amd ends at 7:19am I need a formula that looks at the cell with the date/time in it and displays the word DAY (for the time frame of day shift), AFTERNOON (for the timeframe of afternoon shift) and NIGHT (for the timeframe of night shift) In my previous ...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Can you add custom content into Outlook
In lieu of having a corporate intranet, does anyone know if it's possible to simply add in a few hyperlinks to the "Outlook Today" screen? These links would be for "Tech Requests", "Building Maintenance requests", "Requests for Reports", "employee handbook" etc. This should totally be possible but I haven't a clue as to how. Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction. -- Rocky''''''''s Curious Coding You can create a custom htm-file for this and set that as the Home Page for ...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Socket Notification Sink Error #2
Hi, We use CAsyncSocket after several hours we get "Socket Notification Sink" error message box. We do not use gracefully close Is that can solve the problem? Thanks, Itsik itsik wrote: > > Hi, > We use CAsyncSocket after several hours we get "Socket Notification > Sink" error message box. We do not use gracefully close Is that can > solve the problem? > Thanks, > Itsik Yes, a gracefull close might solve the problem. I think the error means there is an attempt to process a data received notification on a closed socket. A gracefull close will flush ...