HOW DO I CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE SHEETS IN EXCEL WORKBOOK?

my sheets are not in the order I want them.  How do I change the order. The
data is already in the sheets.
0
joanbaer (1)

Click on the tab and drag it to where you want to.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"joanbaer" <joanbaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my sheets are not in the order I want them.  How do I change the order.
> The
> data is already in the sheets.

0
ken.wright (2489)
8/5/2005 6:24:30 PM
joanbaer wrote:
> my sheets are not in the order I want them.  How do I change the order. The
> data is already in the sheets.
Select the cells you want to sort then go to data > sort a window pops up
and you can chose up to 3 sorts.
The help files are really pretty good a search on "sort" without the quotes
will get you more info.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)
8/5/2005 6:28:01 PM
gls858 wrote:
> joanbaer wrote:
>
>> my sheets are not in the order I want them.  How do I change the
>> order. The data is already in the sheets.
>
> Select the cells you want to sort then go to data > sort a window pops up
> and you can chose up to 3 sorts.
> The help files are really pretty good a search on "sort" without the quotes
> will get you more info.
>
> gls858

Sorry I misread that I thought you wanted to sort the data. Gotta read a
little slower next time. Ken gave you the correct answer.

gls858

0
gls858 (460)
8/5/2005 7:14:36 PM
Or, to sort them alphabetically ...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"joanbaer" <joanbaer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my sheets are not in the order I want them.  How do I change the order.
> The
> data is already in the sheets.

0
firefytr (112)

External data link change

getpivotdata in excel 2007
=+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the pivot table is called "pivot1" and the reference cells represent (name of doc), (date), (procedure type). I get a REF# I have spent hours already and need a solution fast. Please Fern wrote: > =+GETPIVOTDATA(pivot1,$A$3 & " " &B$2 & " " &A5) > > I'm trying to return pivot table data to another sheet. The range of the > pivot table is called "pivot1" and...

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Open Purchase Order Inquiry
I am building a SQL statement that looks at PO's that have inventory items with a GL account that is different than the GL account on the Inventory Item or Inventory Class. I found 421 items... yikes! But I am trying to figure out a way to narrow this list and only show me open po's... does anyone know what I need to add to my statement in order to get this? SQL STMT: SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.POP10110.PONUMBER, dbo.POP10110.ITEMNMBR AS PO_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.IV00101.ITEMNMBR AS INV_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.POP10110.INVINDX, dbo.IV00101.IVIVINDX FROM ...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

How to Unhide or Hide Multiple Sheets at One GO?
Hi Everyone I guess my Subject Title has already said what I need to know. SO is i possible to hide or unhide a selection of worksheets at one go? Cheers Kelvi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Kelvin, Select the sheets to hide, then Format>Sheet>Hide -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "hce >" <<hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi Everyone > > I guess my Subject Title has a...

more on VBA function name change

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

Simple EXCEL worksheet function
I am creating an EXCEL worksheet of people's names, company and location. I need to do a simple sort on name. When the list goes beyond 250, the sort function stops working. Is this a limitation of EXCEL? If so, can I continue the list on "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3" etc and still be able to sort through all the lists as if they are one? #1. Select the entire range you want to sort--don't let excel guess. I'm guessing that you have an empty row in the real range to sort and excel is guessing wrong. #2. Nope. Excel doesn't support this type of...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Copy worksheet to new workbook : Values & Formats
Hi, Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new workbook without copying formulas ? Sheets(X).Copy is building links to previous workbook. Thks for help After coping go to Edit->Links, and break links, and excel will replace links with values. If you do it from VBA, which seems so, try with PasteSpecial metod. "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130320762.209498.135290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new > workbook without copying f...

linked sheets
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets. on sheet one is a merge row in column a with the heading and then various rows with the data A N 123 B A 123 C M 334 D E 233 The first 3/4 rows are identical on the next sheets and are linked to sheet 1 (if sheet 1 changes the data changes). However I may need to add a new row in sheet one (in example above a new row between the 123 and 123. Is there a way that will update the new row on the other sheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Rexmann Ps I use Excel XP on the sheets other than sheet1 in column A use =indirect...

Change a formula to an acual number

Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks
I need to transfer a range of cells for every row one by one from one file File1.xls to a second file File2.xls from within a VBA program. I had it running where it coded a cut and paste but the program runs for 3 hours and If I tried to do anything else where I cut and paste I would get data from my running program when I tried to paste. Is there any way I can do this other than cut and paste ? Dennis I foud out what I was doing wrong I had this Range("A1") = Range("A1:P1") which will work in a single workbook but to a separate workbook you have to put Range("...

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Nonnumerical Axis in Excel Charts
Hello, Essentially, when plotting a series of Acid/Base ratios in cells with text formatting (ex. "0/100", "10/90", etc.") (X-axis) versus temperature change per ratio (Y-axis), Excel charts the actual row numbers (ex. 1, 2, 3, etc.) for the X-axis instead of "0/100", "10/90", etc. Fraction and Number formatting of the ratio cells does not change this either. Thank you. Robert Agee Purdue University It depends which chart type you use. If you use column chart type, the X axis should be your lables (10/90, etc.) not row numbers. If you use ...

Should I change this code?

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...