How do I change column widths within idividual tables on the same.

I'm using xl 2000.  I want to place several tables on the same worksheet.  Is
it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column
width of the other tables.
0
jon6181 (1)

Hi!

If the tables are one on top of the other, no. Both column
width and row height are constant for the entire column or
row.

A possible workaround would be to merge cells but that has
disadvantages.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)
9/4/2004 5:37:20 AM
Hi
no, not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

jon6181 wrote:
> I'm using xl 2000.  I want to place several tables on the same
> worksheet.  Is it possible to change column widths of a table without
> affecting the column width of the other tables.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/4/2004 7:55:50 AM
Would linked pictures of your tables work?

Copy one of your tables using normal Edit / Copy, then pick where you want to
put it on your new sheet, hold down SHIFT and then click on the EDIT menu where
you will now see an option of PASTE PICTURE LINK.  Hit that and you can then
resize the image if you wish.  Repeat for your other tables, and you will then
see that as data changes in the original tables it will also change in these
linked 'images'.

Might be an idea to remove gridlines as well, else it can look tacky.  Also
consider reomving gridlines from the sheets that contain your tables prior to
copying them.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"jon6181" <jon6181@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using xl 2000.  I want to place several tables on the same worksheet.  Is
> it possible to change column widths of a table without affecting the column
> width of the other tables.

---

ken.wright (2489)
9/4/2004 9:45:33 AM
You might experiment with using merged cells.

0
anonymous (74721)

External data link change

normalizing a column of numbers
How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart? I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing Mason, Use a helper column where you normalize your numbers using an appropriate formula prior to charting, and then chart that column with your normalizing formulas. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "mason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81F1FB07-419B-4E41-87D3-25DB75E1EEDC@microsoft.com... > How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart? I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing. > &...

Why does the change change to a number?

Sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row, how to?
How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? hi, i don't know if i understand your question correctly, =Sum(A1:A10) -- isabelle Le 2012-02-15 01:25, marsup a �crit : > How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? On Feb 17, 11:30=A0am, isabelle <i...@v.org> wrote: > hi, > > i don't know if i understand your question correctly, > > =3DSum(A1:A10) > > -- > isabelle > > Le 2012-02-15 01:25,marsupa =E9crit : > > > > > > > > > How to sum numbers in a column beyond a certain row? Thanks Isabelle, I a...

Help with SQL Statement for pivot table
I'm trying to put a sql statment from an access query into a pivot table query builder. I built the query in access then took the sql view and tried to put it into the excel query builder -- not working. Access put dbo_ in front of all of the table names so I took that out but it's got other problems too. Not sure how the date range should be specified and I wanted it to search a text field for the word "implant". In access I did this by specifying *implant* but sql doesn't seem to like it. Here's the statement: SELECT ApptPending.CreateDate, ApptPending....

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Saving a Pivot Table
I'm trying to save a pivot table into an older format from Excel 2007. I receive a message stating that the pivot table is too large for the old format. But if I create the pivot table in Excel 2003, with same data source, I don't get any message and the pivot table is generated. Something seems to be wrong with 2007. Are there any solutions to this? ...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

How to change newsgroup message font

Pvt Table Question #2
Hi, I'm in excel 2007. I have a couple of really big sheets and would like to make a pvt table. My question is - is it possible to make a pvt table using two sheets? If so, how do you do this? Thanks! Alt/DP, then choose Multiple consolidation ranges -- the UI was removed from the ribbon. "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:a137474c-7ea2-4c35-a9ab-43af7056c140@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I'm in excel 2007. I have a couple of really big sheets and would > like to make a pvt table. My question is - is it possible to make a > pvt table...

How to MATCH value up a column
I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Hi I don't know what you are looking for, but see: MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0) or VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "DevourU" wrote: > I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Thankx for the reply. Here is my formula:=IF(A11>A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))). I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4, display next column B4. Clear as mu...

Pivot Table showing wrong data
I have a table with information such as Salesperson, Customer, Sales $, Year, Month, Date_Customer_Started. The data contains info for 2009 and 2010. I am trying to determine for every new account created in 2009 and 2010, Sales by new customer and salesperson. The Pivot table has sales data and count of customers by year and the rows contain Salesperson, Customer, Month and date_Customer_started. I expect if a customer started in April 2009, and the customer continuing to buy in 2010, sales figures by year and month and the count of customer only in 2009. But the pivot table sh...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Non-verbose TABLE syntax
I just stumbled upon this (should appeal to the SELECT * fanatics<g>):TABLE Table1, Table2;Apparently valid Jet 4.0 SQL syntax that returns all columns for thecross join of the tables. What do you reckon: OK for production code<g>?Jamie.--...

icon changes with change of extension