how can i set up an automatic "date update" in excel?

In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date
every time when i open the document. Can i do that?
0
Litzyam (1)

one way:

    =TODAY()

In article <D8818AFF-8489-4FF1-B94D-A08FB0B45F01@microsoft.com>,
 "Litzyam" <Litzyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date
> every time when i open the document. Can i do that?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/13/2005 3:00:59 PM
One way
=today()
HTH

"Litzyam" wrote:

> In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date
> every time when i open the document. Can i do that?
0
RayA (96)

Date Update and
I have the following very simple code in a BeforeUpdate Event Procedure Private Sub Date1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Me!Date1 = Date End Sub I just want it to put the date in the field when someone changes the data in the form. However when I run it I get the following error. ( and no date inserted into the field) Run-time Error '2115' The macro or function set to the BeforeUpdate or ValidationRule property for this field is preventing the Employee Database v1 from saving the data in the field. I have searched for an answer to this and it seems people say that its due to to ...

DATE update, on Save?
The only file, (in Doc Libr), does not have today's date. ? Is there some setting I need to make? ...

Do I need to download SP2 and SP3 even though Windows Update updates my Vista regularly?
I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1. I have set Windows Update to download updates regularly--and it's downloaded quite a few so far. Do I still need to download SP2 and SP3 and install them myself manually? Or is Windows Update updating my system in an equivalent way? -- Steven L. sdlitvin@earthlinkNOSPAM.net Remove the "NOSPAM" before sending to this email address. Steven Litvintchouk;1198418 Wrote: > I bought a computer running Genuine Vista Home Premium w/SP1. > > I have set Windows Update to download updates r...

Automatic Date Update
i am in need of a formula that will compare the current date with th date in another cell. if the date in the other cell is past th current date, i want that cell to be highlighted in Red. For example if the date in the cell is June 10, 2005 and today's date is June 22 2005, i want excel to turn that June 10, 2005 cell Red. Also i possible can i tell excel to turn the cell Yellow if that date HAS NO passed but is approaching (say within 30 days)? Can someone pleas tell me 1. if any of this is possible, and 2. what formulas i need t accomplish this. Thanks -- khaji0 ------------------...

canceling auto date update
I use excel to create invoices. When I open up old invoices, th original date changes to today's date. How do I stop this auto updat function? Thanks -- unexcelle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- unexceller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54978 Hi The cell where the date appears probably has the formula =TODAY() or =NOW() which automatically recalculate when the sheet is opened. Delete the formula and replace it with the date ...

Date update
I just need to know how to add a date to my worksheet that updates it self daily to support the conditional formating I set. Just enter =today() in the cell. Hope that helps. "Willamina" wrote: > I just need to know how to add a date to my worksheet that updates it self > daily to support the conditional formating I set. ...

Date updates from worksheet to chart & changes date to a date series! Help!!
Hi, I have a 2 sheet workbook, one sheet has my data - Date Kg's 1/5/2003 91.0 2/8/2003 89.1 5/31/2003 90.1 8/21/2003 89.5 1/18/2004 89.9 2/2/2004 88.0 3/6/2004 88.1 4/17/2004 89.2 9/13/2004 88.5 10/4/2004 86.4 11/8/2004 87.3 12/21/2004 88.0 The second sheet has my chart. When the date is carried over to the chart, the dates are changed to a series of dates, starting 01/05/2003, 02/05/2003 etc... The cells are formated to UK date on both the data and the chart. Any suggestions? Thanks Jamie JayJg, One option would be to reference the cells containing your dates with f...

File in trash after autoupdate update 112
I installed office 2004 today. I ran the built in update function and pulled in AutoUpdate 1.1.2 which installed fine. I found the old version of it in trash, and deleted it. Upon restart, I find in the trash the following "recovered files" MSau_205 (folder) and then inside a file 0409Msau10002 at 928KB v 8.4 Application. Is this normal? I didn't find anything in the trash after autoupdate pulled in the 11.2.3 updater. Anyone see this?? As long as everything works as it should I wouldn't be concerned about the items in the Trash. Updates often need to replace files whic...

how can i set up an automatic "date update" in excel?
In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date every time when i open the document. Can i do that? one way: =TODAY() In article <D8818AFF-8489-4FF1-B94D-A08FB0B45F01@microsoft.com>, "Litzyam" <Litzyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open the document. Can i do that? One way =today() HTH "Litzyam" wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open t...

Date Update
Hi All How do I STOP Word updating a date field when i load the documents some time after the original create. I Want the original date BTW - Update Automagically on the Date window is not ticked Thanks Pete Use Alt+F9 to toggle the display of the field codes and change the type of field to { CREATEDATE }. It will then display the date upon which the document was created. If you put such a field in the template from which you are creating the documents, and you use File>New and select the template as the basis of the document that you want to create, the field wi...

Activity Date update Case Follow-up
I am trying to figure out a way for the Activity Due Date to update the Follow-up date of the case when the activity is created. Any Ideas? What I origianlly wanted to do was to create a workflow rule to change the status of the case 24 hours before the service activity occurs. I could not find a way to relate serrvice activities adn cases in workflow. So I will settle for a solution to my initial question. Thanks You would need to implement some custom logic via an assembly in workflow on the service activity to obtain this functionality. -- Graham This posting is provided "...

Make User Date update on 24/7 Great Plains session.
I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Great Plains process running on the server. The orders imported use the 'User Date" to set the imported order's 'Order Date' value. The User Date does not increment on it's own. Can anyone tell me a way to update the User Date on this un-attended Great Plains session? Thanks! Kevin R How about a GP macro that changes the user date and then add that macro to run using Windows Scheduled Tasks? Never tried it but should work. "Kevin R" wrote: > I'm using Great Plains 8. I have a 24/7 SOP Gr...