horizontal data to vertical data

I have a set of data list in the horizontal manner.  Is there a macro that
can send this data vertically instead of manually doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Aloysicus

0
aloy33 (10)

One way ..

Assume source data is in Sheet1, A1:E1

In Sheet2

Put in A1:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)

Copy A1 down by as many rows as there are columns in Sheet1, i.e. down to A5

A1:A5 will return whats in A1:E1 in Sheet1

--
Rgds
Max
"Aloysicus" <aloy33@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> I have a set of data list in the horizontal manner.  Is there a macro that
> can send this data vertically instead of manually doing it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Aloysicus

0
demechanik (4694)
4/10/2005 12:23:09 PM
From Excel Help:
Switch rows of cells to columns or columns to rows
Data from the top row of the copy area appears in the left column of
the paste area, and data from the left column appears in the top row.
1	Select the cells that you want to switch.
2	Click Copy  .
3	Select the upper-left cell of the paste area.
The paste area must be outside the copy area.
4	On the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
Show me
5	Select the Transpose check box.

--
cycling-rod

transfer data
I want to download my money accounts from my laptop and put it into my desktop without a network. What do I do??? Thanks! Bonny On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:39:01 -0800, "Bonny" <plates2sell@yahoo.com> wrote: >I want to download my money accounts from my laptop and >put it into my desktop without a network. > >What do I do??? Does your desktop have any portable media (floppy, CD, etc) that you can write on your laptop. If yes, then either copy (or backup) your money file on the laptop to this media, take the media to your desktop, and copy (or restore from back...

Converting QIF data
I notice there is an Excel macro that converts flat data into the QIF format, suitable for importing into Money. The macro is at http://www.respmech.com/mym2qifw/UtilityIndex.htm , and is called wm1248.exe Is there any tool/utility that will read a Money QIF file (money 95 version), and convert the QIF data to a 'flat' file. There's MoneyLink that will read all transactions for a specific account or all accounts directly into Excel. There are a hoard of Excel and QIF tools. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9 for links to some of them. "Peter" <someone@my-dej...

Query Wizard not returning data
I created a Query in Query Wizard to pull data from a SQL database and return the data to and Excel spreadsheet. I had been using this Excel spreadsheet regularly without hitch or glitch for 7 months until I updated from SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000, and something went terribly wrong In the Excel spreadsheet, when I right click refresh data, the data does not update. When I go into the Query Wizard, the query will update but will not return to the Excel spreadsheet. I recreated the entire query from scratch in a new workbook and still had the same problems. I have a boat load of RAM and have chec...

Importing Data to Money
hi I am trying to import data from my brank to money. Theproblem i have it the date in the bank statement is of the form dd/mm/yy... so i get an error when importing Can anyone help how to solve this? SrividhyaAnand Change your regional settings so that Windows thinks dd/mm/yy is how dates are supposed to be represented? This should make Money think the same thing. "SrividhyaAnand" <vidhya_sv@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:87b601c4961b$8bdcc000$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi > I am trying to import data from my brank to money. > Theproblem i have it the date in the b...

Storage location for data with Money 2006 Premium
I currently track my investments with Money 2003 and I was considering upgrading to Money Premium 2006. However, after reading the reviews it appears a portofolio is no longer stored on your personal computer but rather on Microsoft severs out on the WEB. Is this correct? Can I buy Money 2006 and configure it to store my investment data only on my own computer? I'm sure Microsoft tries to keep this secure but it would seem to be an interesting target for the hackers. Thus I'd rather trust my own security and the fact that my computer doesn't have a big target painted on it t...

Horizontal
this works great if int_Start is in a column but what if it is a row I can't seem to get it to work For Each cell In Range("int_Start") If cell.Value = CON_int_UD Then MsgBox (d) Select Case d Case 1 Set int_rng = Range("INT1") Case 2 Set int_rng = Range("INT2") ...

recovering data
Money 2000: Is there a way to recover data that was not backed up. I accidently deleted all deposits. When I used the restore file procedure all saved deposits were restored, but all deposits and withdrawals that hadn't been backed up were deleted. How can I get that work back? Thanks! Retype it all? I mean, seriously, if you type three pages to a document in Word that you last backed up a month ago, delete the three pages and then quit Word where are you? "ETHORN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e40d01c3f101$8989da00$a101280a@phx.gbl...

Using data drom one cell as part of a formula in another.
I am trying to use the data from one cell as part of a formula i another. For example: I have a three sheet workbook. The first sheet contains lists of data to be used in the followin sheets. i.e. Column 1 is List 1, Column 2 is List 2 etc The rows contain values. i.e. Row I contains Value 1, Row 2 contains Value 2 etc. The following sheets, named ListData1, ListData2 etc must contain dat from these lists laid out differently. I can achieve this by entering the formulae to refer back to Sheet1. e.g. For ListData1 ... =Sheet1!A1, =Sheet1!A2 etc For ListData2 ... =Sheet1!B1, =Sheet1!B2 etc F...

importing quicken data
data seems to import but all enteries are null. There are enough transaction entries but no data was imported. consequently my balances are all zero the import log used to import the quicken2004 file shows correct balances but why can't money just import it and get it right. In microsoft.public.money, BILL wrote: >data seems to import but all enteries are null. There are >enough transaction entries but no data was imported. >consequently my balances are all zero > >the import log used to import the quicken2004 file shows >correct balances but why can't mo...

filtered sorted packing list report from data table
I have a data table with columns incl. item #, descr., storage, qty ordered. How can I allow a user to print a packing list (i.e. report) organized by storage temp, listing ordered items first (by type/description) then unordered items (same sort order)? EX: items at -70 degrees: box item 1 - item# - qty box item 2 - item# - qty vial item 1 - item# - qty items at room temp: paper item 1 - item# - qty packet item 1 - item# - qty packet item 1 - item# - qty If you put that "header" information on each row, then you ...

fill horizontally
I have excel work sheet in Excel 2002. It has data being entered vertically in cells like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 However elsewhere I want to refer to the vertical cells and have the data appear horizontally like this. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Is there a trick to doing a =A1 and down and have it fill horizontally? Louis One way: Say you're filling from column 2 ("B"): =INDEX(A:A, COLUMN()-1) In article <UKqdneAW0P1lznLbnZ2dnUVZ_vKunZ2d@suscom.com>, "Louis" <a> wrote: > I...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Data look up
Hi We are receiving data in a new format, where as before we would have one registration number which was a unique reference. This registration number now appears for each policy year. So we could have the same registration number several times on the downloads we receive. The registration Number is in the field txtRegNo And the policy year is in the field txtPolicyTNo How do I now look up the registration but also find the line of date with the correct registration number and the highest transaction number in the field txtPolicyTNo The code I us...

Secure the forms, reports and data from change
In the previous access programs I was able to disable users ability to change objects and data. I want to do the same in Access 2007, I only want users to add data, but not to change data that is already there and also not to let users go into the design of the forms. Is this still possible? Thanks you need to do these steps to achieve what you want: change you form "default View" to Single Form and change Data Entry from "NO" to "YES" all these changes are in in Form properties in tabs FORM and DATA in order user do not make "Desing View" option, ...

GP Detail Trial Balance returns no data
I ran the Account Modifier and successfully changed the COA structure. All our testing is going well so far except the GL Detail Trial Balance report. We changed the report parameters but we don't get any data. There's no errors, just a blank report. Any ideas? Thanks -- Jim Here's some more info. If I specify an account range, I get a blank report. If I run it for all accounts, I get data. -- Jim "Jim" wrote: > I ran the Account Modifier and successfully changed the COA structure. All > our testing is going well so far except t...

Writing Data to an External File
Hello all, I have an Excel file (userfile.xls) that users make a copy and use it to make analysis. I want to track who uses it and the date that uses the file. I need some help with the code, and the code will be part of Workbook_Open code and will execute when the userfile.xls file is opened. I am looking for the code that will put the username in Cell A1 of Sheet1 in the userfile.xls file. Then it will populate the username and the date (e.g. now()) into an external Excel tracking file (trackfile.xls) under columns A and B for username and date, respectively. If C...

Aggregating Data
I have a table called Observations which has a field called JOBTITLE. In this field we list various types of MDs, RNs, HAs, etc. Most of my reports require that I report this out separately. However, I have a new report that requires me to lump some job titles together. For example: MD and ARNP will now be called Provider; RNs, MAs and HAs will now have the delightful name RN-MA-HA. I have written into the JOBTITLE some rules for combing MDs and ARNPs; however I can't seem to get it to go further and lump the RN-MA-HAs. Provider: IIf([JobTitle] Like "MD" O...

Sort horizontally
Hi. Normally when we do a sort, it is sorted vertically (ie straight down) How about if I wish to sort a list of data horizontally? Eg: I have the following data in Row 1: number -- 13 -- 23 -- 9 -- 45 I do a horizontal sort, so the data in Row 1 becomes: number -- 9 -- 13 -- 23 -- 45 How to do? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Hi Select your range Try ... Data | Sort | Options | Left To Right kk "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:O2WzJsgqFHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hi. Normally when we do a sort,...

Pivot table
Hi I have set up pivot tables using external data sources of .csv comma delimited text files across a LAN network. Initially the data returned was correct. However, I have since encountered errors in the data returned. The errors seem to vary and do not have a pattern. The only thing that I can think of is that the external link is unstable. I'm even wondering if there is something wrong with the Microsoft Query installation or the version of the drivers that are being used. I have checked the source data file itself and it appears to be correct whichever way I check it. ...

Data validation question #2
I'd like to create data validation in a cell that prevents user's from entering any commas, but allowing all other characters. This spreadsheet is exported to a comma delimited file, and extra commas cause problems. I looked at the examples in help, and couldn't find anything preventing a character from being entered into a cell. Any ideas? -Thanks A couple of ways: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A1,",")) or =COUNTIF(A1,"*,*")=0 or =LEN(A1)=LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) Fred wrote: > > I'd like to create data validation in a cell that p...

check data type in excel
I have a column with number and string. if it is number, i need to do something, while string, i need to do other. is it possible to check the data type of one cell?? million thanks One way would be to use IsText(), and/or IsNumber(). -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Grey" <erickwyum@i-cable.com> wrote in message news:ON3lQ7zjEHA.1520@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... I have a column with number and string. if it is number, i need to do s...

VBA coding to retrieve data from Access to Excel :S
Hey everyone, This is what i have so far. I have an excel workbook with 3 worksheets, SETUP, DATA and DISPLAY. I have been using a pre-coded program to bring data from a database where the program using the SETUP sheet from the excel workbook as its critaria and then populates the DATA sheet. I then can use the DATA sheet to display data in the DISPLAY sheet in which ever way i want. Complication is that this pre-coded program is limited to the amount of tables it can hit at a time. Basically its programmed to read up to 3 tables. I now need data from 5 tables all together. The first t...

how do I delete horizontal lines created by using the hyphen key
To type up a signature line by using the hypen /shift key to create a signature line, somehow it gets highlighted and creates line break into my text. I try deleting it by using the deleting key. It just won't delete. How do I get rid of this line? Also tried highlighting it and deleting it. It's a Border on the previous paragraph. To create a line to write on, set a tab stop where you want the line to end, and turn on the Underscore leader in the Format Tabs panel. On Mar 24, 4:39=A0pm, chagui <cha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > =A0To type up a sig...

When I view a photo from my camera it is distorted horizontally
When I load and view photos from my camera through Picture manager, the photos are stretched horizontally to fit my wide screen monitor. How can I get the photos to load and view with normal aspects. -- Cal ...

create a data entry form template in Excel 2003?
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to create a data entry form template by using the template wizard add in. How do you do this in Excel 2003. ...