Highest Common Factor

Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of your
post is empty.

Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function

Mike
0
MikeH (222)

On May 4, 2:41 pm, Mike H <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of your
> post is empty.
>
> Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function
>
> Mike

Does GCD function an add-in? I couldnt find it inthe function window.

Hi

GCD is part of the Analysis Toolpak.
Tools>Addins>check Analysis Toolpak

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Yabi" <khoshravan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 4, 2:41 pm, Mike H <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Sorry but I can't reply to your message directly because the body of
>> your
>> post is empty.
>>
>> Too calculate HCF use the Excel =GCD() function
>>
>> Mike
>

> Does GCD function an add-in? I couldnt find it inthe function window.

0
roger5293 (1125)

highest number #2
Hi, Let's keep the problem simple. I have one cell that uses an exchange rate from the internet. That cell changes every minute. What I want to do: In an other cell, I want to keep the highest exchange rate ever. So for example: 6:00 exchange rate = 5.00 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:01 exchange rate = 4.98 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:02 exchange rate = 5.02 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:03 exchange rate = 5.01 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:04 exchange rate = 5.03 -- highest exchange rate is 5.03 Of course nor for any minute I use a new cell, it just change the n...

A97 to A2002 common controls
I converted an A97 app to A2002 and it runs fine except --- One of the forms had an animation control. It ran fine under Win98. All the new machines are WinXP. On some of them the animation runs fine and seems to be using Common Controls 6.0 (SP3) I did not install that. I guess it was just there. On other XP machines I get an error saying the (animation) control is empty. No matter what version of the common controls I attempt to install on these machines, the only version of the animation control available when I click "Insert|ActiveX" is version 5. I've tried unregisteri...

Sum (throw out highest and lowest)
I am working on a contest scoring sheet for the California State Old Time fiddlers Association and it is contest policy to throw out the highest score and the lowest score and add the remaining middle (3) judges scores. (There are generally 5 judges - don't think there would ever be more than that.) The total of the middle three is used for future ranking points added to future scores, so "average" won't work in this application. Right now we are working this out manually - sure woudl be sweet to be able to have a formula that works it out for us. Thanks for any help. ...

Factoring for wage benefits in labour resources
MS Project does a wonderful job of tracking hourly wages and overtime for a given employee, but there are other costs that the employee is responsible for paying out for every hour an employee works. How do I account for the benefits that the employer invariably has to pay out to the government in the form of pension plan contributions, employment insurance, medical, workers compensation etc etc... HAS ANYBODY FIGURED A DECENT WAY TO ATTEMPT TO ESTIMATE THESE COSTS IN MS PROJECT?[/B] DO YOU JUST TACK ON A FEW DOLLARS TO THE ACTUAL WAGE AND CALL IT A DAY, OR DO YOU USE SOMETHING ...

highest second highest and third highest
Hello.. I have one lists of number in A1:A7 and a list of words in B1:B7. I need to find the highest, second highest and third highest value in these lists and display the value and the word next to it in cell C1,C2, D1,D2 and E1,E2 respectively. However, there are same values for highest, second highest and third highest in these list. If the value is the same, can I have it separated? For example: A1 B1 100 Car 100 Bus Assuming both 100 is the highest. I want both Car and Bus to be shown in cell C1. Possible ?Or any o...

Populating a column in a worksheet from another worksheet based on a common field
Hey folks... I know this has had to have been done before. Basically, I have an original worksheet, and another worksheet that contains values that I want to populate a column in the original worksheet with, based on a common field. But it gets tricky, because the 2nd worksheet contains some IDs (common field values) that are NOT in worksheet 1. And I'd like to know which ones those are, preferably with them being put into a 3rd worksheet automatically... here is the original spreadsheet in a nutshell: PARCEL_ID | ELEVATION 1111 2222 3333 4444 The elevation field is empty--- it's...

ActiveX control from existing controls (windows common or another
How to assemble a new control from several existing controls (windows common controls or another activex controls). My application uses MFC. Klina wrote: > How to assemble a new control from several existing controls (windows common > controls or another activex controls). My application uses MFC. A new ActiveX control can display a dialog. That dialog can contain any type of other controls. If you do not want the result to look like a dialog then turn of the dialog's titlebar and border styles. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > How to assemble a new control from severa...

Highest value on report
Hi, I have a report with textboxes that dlookup, davg, dmax and dmin values from a couple of tables. I have about 5 dmax ones from different fields, so it's like a high score style thing, though they aren't ordered in ascending order, so is there a way to make a label saying 'HIGHEST' next to the textbox with the highest amount. Basically I need to determine which text box on the report has the greatest value so that it can be highlighted. Any way to do this? Thanks Use the OnFormat event of the section that contains the 5 calculations. (ex. fields T1, T2, T3, T4, T5) ...

Three Highest Values
I need to link the three highest values from a column to another worksheet. I also need to include two labels for each value. For instance: I have an amount of scrap parts, which is a calculated value. I need to find the three highest offenders, and the part number and operation. I have tried everything I can think of. see response in worksheet.function -- HTH RP "chrish" <chrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAEAF3B6-391B-45BD-9809-9749738B3FAA@microsoft.com... > I need to link the three highest values from a column to another worksheet. I > ...

Seasonal factor graph
Dear newsgroup member, I am looking for a way to calculate different seasonal factors in an easy way on financial assets. The data I have is the date (MM/DD/YYYY) as well as the daily price. I define today percentage change as the difference between yesterday price and todays one What I am looking for are: The mean, median, top and bottom 5% mean, standard deviation and the percentage of positive occurence (% of the time where the asset rose) for: The days of the week (Monday to Friday) The day of the month with trading taking place (for example the first day in January with trading...

Formula to Count and Return Most common Value in a Dynamic Named Range #3
Hi Frank, Assistance and explanation much appreciated. The Formulae yo suggested are working well. Thanks Tin´┐Ż Frank Kabel Wrote: > > Hi > (1) The '1' indicates that the result of the subtotal function should > be one. As SUBTOTAL is only used with one single cell at a time the > result is either '0' (filtered') or '1' (#visible'). > > (2)a For using a defined name try the array formula: > =MODE(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(INDEX(range,1,1),ROW(range)-ROW(INDEX(range, > 1,1)),0))=1,range+{0,0})) > > Note: the +{0,0} part ensures ...

Second highest frequency
Dear sir, I have a series of number from A1:H1 (7,3,7,1,6,8,3,7). I need an Excel formular to describe the phenomenon of this particular series number: the frequency. If I want to to know the highest frequency number, the formula of MODE can give me the answer which is 7. However, I also need an formular which can give me answer: 3, because 3 appears two times in the series. The formular MODE only will give me the highest frequent number, that is 7. So, I don't know is there any formular can detect the second highest frequent number. Please advice. Wilchong -- Message posted via ...

Deleting rows containing common data
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows. The rows look like this: 007-007 68-4611 68-4682 total 007-007 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total How do I delete the rows containing "total" One way: 1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter > AutoFilter) 2. On the drop-down list, select "Total". 3. Select the range again if needed. 5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only." 6. Remove...

Excel VBA
I'm working in Excel 2003, and have run into an issue I'm not sure ther is a solution. If there is I don't know. I have a several responces for 15k+ IDs: These responces were supplied by a survey, they range from 0.001 t 100.0 NEEDS Value a1 Reward Value b1 Control Value c1 Rate Value d1 Advice Value I've taken the value / # of IDs and found the % of the value based o the average responces for that Need. I''ve assgned them a decil value 1-10. NEEDS Decile e1 Reward Decile f1 Control Decile g1 Rate Decile h1 Advice Decile Next I've found the Max Value for...

Highlighting Highest Total
I have 4 columns of figures B, D, F and H with 4 totals: B30, D30, F30 and H30. Can anyone give me a formula within "Conditional Formatting" that will highlight the cell (say in pale blue) with the lowest total of the four? Thanks in advance Ed Ed One way: 1. Select B30 2. Hold <Ctrl> 3. Select D30, F30 and H30 4. Release <Ctrl> Choose "Conditional formatting" and enter the formula: =B30=MIN($B$30,$D$30,$F$30,$H$30) Choose a formatting. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Edward O'Brien" <...

Common Address Book?
Using Microsoft Exchange (current version as of December 2004) how can we set it up so that anyone can change and save addresses int he common address book? I'm not sure what tis called and I'm not the admin on that system. In Outlook if I hit the shortcuts button on the left pane, I see Tech client contacts. Thats where we have client's names and addresses. Some have changed and I don't have permission to edit them. I asked if he could give me permission, he doesn't know how. hence I'm here. How does one go about giving somebody else permission to edit those entri...

highest number
Hi This is my first post. please could anyone tell me how:) if i have for instance 7 cells with different numbers in each cell' ie 21' 56' 87' 99' 21' 33' 15' how can i make another cell automaticall show the highest number from the other cells (in this case the cel would show number 99. Thanks Ji -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If they're really numbers (not text), then =max(a1:a7) and there's an =min() function, too. And a couple of siblings you may want to read about in excel's help: =large() =small() "jim w <...

Common Controls 6 and buddy windows
I suspect I have been committing a heinous crime. It's a bit of a story, but it may give someone a laugh. :-( I have been using a CStatic as a buddy window of a spin button, with a slight "enhancement" which was fine hitherto, but does not work in common controls 6. The standard way Microsoft designed it is The spin button sends a WM_GETTEXT to the static buddy window, extracts the number from the text, increments/decrements it, puts it in a string and sends WM_SETTEXT to the static which displays it. This is fine if you want to display n=1,2,3,4,5,6... But I want ...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

IF/Then factor
Does anyone know the formula for this: If column G is marked 2,3,4, then column H & I should automatically populate: "NA". If column G is marked 1, then columns H & I does not populate anything. Please help. Thanks In H and I =IF(OR(G1=2,G1=3,G1=4),"NA","") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mherbst518@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8b3801c3e9d0$b0754290$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone...

Common Private Sub
I have 25 same sheets and in everyone is included same Private Sub for cursor movement. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address = "$G$8" Then Range("C9").Select End If .. .. .. If Target.Address = "$D$32" Then Range("I3").Select End If End Sub How can I use this macro as one for all sheets to reduce size of file. Thanks in advance. Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$8" Then Range("C9").Select Else...

Find highest Date
Thought this was simple, but not for me ;) I have a customer.xls sheet and an orders.xls sheet. What I need to find is the highest purchase date for each customer in customers.xls looking up into orders.xls. Lookup is based on email address which is unique. Even more simple is to find number of orders for each customer. Here I thought that a countif would do the trick, but it just returns "0" :( This is an array formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter =MAX(IF(D2:D8="aaa",E2:E8)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "lunde"...

Review commonly used add-ins
Hi, MS should review the various add-ins available on the web and seek to use many of those features in their next edition. New worksheet functions such as GETELEMENT(), SUMCOLOR() and many many more would be great. Color in particluar is a nightmare, so many users like to adopt color but from an analytical perspective it's impossible to work with, you can't incorporate within formula, you can't filter etc. etc. Also, look at ASAP Utilities, they have heaps of cool utilities that make a difference, something as small as unhiding all sheets can be a great time saver. The...

Advanced Filtering: Find record with highest amount
How can I construct a criteria that finds the records containing the highest amount for each month? Example dataset: May, John, 100 May, Ted, 200 May, Beth, 210 Jun, John, 500 Jun, Ted, 100 Jun, Beth, 400 Desired filtered dataset: May, Beth, 210 Jun, John, 500 I know about the MAX function, butI can't figure out how to find the MAX at each change in the month value. Thanks for any suggestion! I don't know if filtering can help, but here is a simple trick: Sort the dataset by amount descending. Then use VLOOKUP to find data related to May. VLOOKUP will find the first MAY record...

highest and lowest values
Hi All, How do I remove the highest and lowest values from a series of fields? In what way do you want to remove them? If you want to ignore their values in a sum, for example, then you could have something like: =SUM(A1:A20)-MAX(A1:A20)-MIN(A1:A20) and =COUNT(A1:A20)-2 to get a count of how many values - the first formula divided by the second will give you the average, for example. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 20, 4:33 pm, "jim3975" <3975...@planet.nl> wrote: > Hi All, > How do I remove the highest and lowest values from a series of fields? You mean delet...