hiding rows #3

Hello,

I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding
rows that contains no data ?

Thanks

nospam1735 (19)

You can hide blank rows using Autofilter but that would not be "automatic".

Automatic usually means VBA.

Do you want to go that route?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:48:43 +0100, "dido22" <nospam@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding
>rows that contains no data ?
>
>Thanks

phnorton (279)
4/8/2011 3:18:53 PM
Too fast on the trigger<g>

Give us an idea of what you want hidden and what would be thr triggering event.

i.e.  data entry in a cell or cells?

Calculated value(s) reach a certain point?

A selection is made?

Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 08:18:53 -0700, Gord Dibben <phnorton@shaw.ca> wrote:

>You can hide blank rows using Autofilter but that would not be "automatic".
>
>Automatic usually means VBA.
>
>Do you want to go that route?
>

>On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:48:43 +0100, "dido22" <nospam@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I know how to hide a row or rows, but is there a way of automatically hiding
>>rows that contains no data ?
>>
>>Thanks

phnorton (279)

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

CRM 3.0 / Oulook 2003
Hello Every1, I am looking for doc or manual which explains in details about integration of outlook 2003 and MS CRM I had currently SBS 2003 Box with Exchange 2003 & CRM installed and configured. I am facing an issue related to CRM, i find activities under Outlook (CRM PST) but when i check same on CRM Web i see nothing in same client. can any1 point me what could be issue :-)? Regards, Sunil ...

hide my name

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

Investments #3
When is Microsoft going to use Yodlee like everyone else so we can track all our investments in one place?? What's Yodlee? Who is "everyone else"? Given the apparent AOL connection, my best guess, all other things being equal which I suspect they are not, is not soon. What about Money prevents you from "tracking all [y]our investments in one place"? "Chuck" <chucknospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%gUHc.79747$OB3.11004@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > When is Microsoft going to use Yodlee like everyone else so we can track all &g...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #3
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Hi Corey, There are a few ways this can be done using either macros or functions, here's one of each: *=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1, LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) (sourced from Chip Pearson's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm) I recommend checking this page out as it also shows ot...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

CRM 3.0 with Exchange 2007
We are currently on CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003 utilizing the email router. We plan on upgrading to Exchange 2007, but remain on CRM 3.0. Everything I have been reading informs me that CRM 3.0 email router cannot be installed on Exchange 2007 and must remain on Exchange 2000/2003 (I understand you can use the hotfix for forwarding rules, etc... to Exchange 2007). With the release of CRM 4.0, and forgive me if this is a silly question, could we install the CRM 4.0 email router on Exchange 2007 (so we can get rid of our Exchange 2003 server) and still be able to use it with our CRM 3.0 i...

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Exchange 2003 migration problems #3
I have just migrated a Exchange 2000 sp 3to 2003 sp 2. Still having the old one running. Both servers are domain controllers ( the old one will be depromoted when everything works fine ) I moved all mailboxes to the new server and all clients changed ok. Now some of the clients can't delete mails in the deleted items folder and they can't create new folders. Some can't move mails between folders and som get errors when opening folders ( could not locate or resource error ) When they connect with OWA there seems to be no problems. The clients are windows xp pro sp2 with O...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Will this work? #3
I have edb and stm files in a separate hard disk from a domain that does not exists anymore. I create a new server with Exchange, and new domain, with same usernames an everything almost indentical, but rebuilt from scracth. I stop Exchange services, and in the new Exchange server, I replace new edb and stm files with the old ones (the ones I recovered from the broken server). I start Exchange services. will this work? On 29 Dec 2006 04:17:39 -0800, "VistaUser" <eaemtxy02@sneakemail.com> wrote: >I have edb and stm files in a separate hard disk from a domain that >doe...

time sheets #3
i got to produce a report from time sheets that employes give in . they can be at many jobs in a day . i need the report to show each man his jobs for the week , the hours and the costs . help "=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW4=?=" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:22DB705F-14C6-448B-926A-94CD38A2210F@microsoft.com: > i got to produce a report from time sheets that employes give in . > they can be at many jobs in a day . i need the report to show each man > his jobs for the week , the hours and the costs . help > I would use Access for that with maybe the follo...

Calculating Percentages #3
I am doing a simple percentage calculation, however the two percentages are not adding up to 100%, is there a reason for this? Thanks for any help with this matter. Could you provide an example? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 What are your input values? "tifosi3" wrote: > I am doing a simple percentage calculation, however the two percentages are > not adding up to 100%, is there a reason for this? Thanks for any help with > this matter. > We'd need to have the exact numbers you're worki...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Migrating Project Server 2007 from WSS 3.0 to MOSS 2007
Good morning, Does anyone have experience on how to migrate from WSS 3.0 TO MOSS 2007 ? What are the proper steps ? Any online documents that could help the migration ? Regards, Luis ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...